Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 14

One of the guys I remembered as the guy who claimed to be my great great [x1000 or something] grandfather.

'Ethan... Let her go' the men all intimidated me, especially my great grandfather, who didn't seem to recognise me. Ethan whispered, his lips barely moving 'Tara, do you know that old guy?' I knew he meant my great grandfather and just nodded 'and did he speak to you a while ago?' I nodded once more. 'Don't believe anything he says, he's one of the demons, and a real dangerous one, he's mastered shape-shifting perfectly, and can turn into anyone he wishes to be'

The man came closer 'don't listen to that boy, I'm your family' his voice was sweet, and I almost believed him. I didn't have a lot of family members, so to me it would be great to have more family, but if Ethan said he was lying, it was possibly true, especially when you take in mind that he was with a couple of other men, who clearly didn't have any good intentions at all. The other men were much younger, late 20's to mid 30's. All average-looking, but they seemed very elegant because of the clothes they were wearing. Casual, and still sophisticated. If they didn't look so angry, one would most likely describe them as gentlemen.

Ethan grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him, he then whistled and I heard some shouting from somewhere behind the trees near the park. Talon and another guy of about the same age ran towards us and stood beside Ethan. 'Why did you take a walk,you schnock!' Talon shouted. 'Moron' the other guy said, and he opened a pocketknife. 'You're lucky though, there are only five of them'

One part of me wanted to know exactly what was going on, but the other, more feminine part, wanted to stay behind Ethan and hide, and above all, not see what was going to happen, because there would be some fighting. Talon said something I couldn't understand and a huge blue sphere was in his hand. He then threw it to the men as if it were some ball, and they were all blown away, they landed about 20 feet away from their original positions.

'Ethan, take Tara away, we'll meet you at the car' Talon shouted, as he and the other guy ran towards the bad men, the guy with just a pocketknife, and Talon with only his bare hands. Ethan pulled my arm and I followed him, still staring at Talon and the boy. 'They'll be just fine, only 5, it's not that much' Ethan said, probably in an attempt to make me feel better, but it failed.

I heard some shouting, and when I looked at the group I saw bright light and a lot of red, and I believe I'd also seen some pink-ish parts flying around, but I didn't want my mind to think about that for too long. When we got to the car Ethan made me sit down in the back, and sat in the front himself. We waited for no more than 5 minutes, when Talon and the boy ran towards us. They didn't seem hurt, and had huge smiles on their faces.

They got in the car, Talon next to Ethan, which wasn't very logical, because those two really hated each other. Ethan started driving, and the three guys were talking animated in the weird language Ethan & Talon had spoken in before. The boy sat next to me, and stared at me with a curious look. Just like Ethan & Talon he had something attractive about him. He had black hair, with a greenish tint, golden eyes or lightbrown, it wasn't very visible with the lack of light, and a very pale skin. The features of his face were very boyish, but I'm pretty sure he must have been my age.

He smiled at me a couple of times, a sweet, yet arrogant smile, and continued the conversation with Talon and Ethan. From his voice I could gather that he was probably even older than us, around 21. I still didn't know his name, so decided to ask him what it was. 'Naoi, Ayato Naoi, Naoi is my surname, but people usually choose to call me that'

When we got back in Cresselia, Ethan dropped the two guys of near the shopping centre, and then drove me to school, because my bike was still there. 'Are Ethan and Talon friends now?' I wondered out loud. 'No, but desperate times need desperate measures, and times surely are desperate. I was confused now, I would never understand boys. 'What do you mean?' he shook his head 'You don't and won't ever understand, maybe you'll get more information later'

He then got out of the car 'aren't you going to get your bike?' he asked, he was clearly irritated by the question I had just asked. 'Sorry, see you tomorrow then?' he nodded, waited till I got out of the car, and then got back in the car again himself. I waved once, and he drove away. He was right, I would never understand, and didn't think I would want to understand things. Even the information my brains had absorbed until now, wasn't really being processed properly, this world was just to complicated.

With that thought in mind, I cycled home, ate dinner, made homework, and fell asleep.