Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 16

I thought he lived with his family in this city, like most teens do while they're still in school. I knew I actually knew very little of him, but this was surprising. "You don't live with them?" He sighed, but didn't say anything. "It's not responsible of them to let a teen in a house without parental guidance" I said, trying to get him to talk to me. It didn't work. "My mom would worry that I'd throw wild parties and would have sex with crazy old men all the time."
He didn't even smile, not even slightly, not at all.

It kind of annoyed me, just a couple of minutes ago he'd hugged me, and had seemed so happy and full of energy. We kept quiet for the next couple of minutes. He turned to me and it seemed as if he wanted to say something, but he didn't. Not that much later the bell rang, and we both had to go to another lesson. He didn't say goodbye and just walked off.

I was irritated, the first time in weeks he properly talked to me, he suddenly ignored me. Due to the lack of sleep I was even more irritated, and pretty sure I'd hit him if he tried to talk to me again. He didn't try again, and summer holidays were getting closer each day. I barely saw him, apart from the lessons we had together. The less I saw Ethan, the more Talon's smile grew. One day, when Ethan had once more just walked past me, Talon walked up to me.

"So, what you gonna do this summer?" I shrugged, I didn't feel like talking to him. "You sad about the fact that he is gonna leave this summer? I shrugged once more. No one had to know. I was afraid that even though I knew nothing about him, I cared about him. This all didn't mean I was in love with him, but it did hurt me that he refused to talk to me. "Poor miss Pretium will miss him, won't she, that's sad."

He was getting on my nerves, so I walked away. He followed me, he didn't even try to lower the sound of his footsteps and just kept talking. "You're afraid he won't come back?" I kept walking, and everytime he said something, I tried to walk faster. When I almost got to the bicycle shed I remembered that I'd walked to school in the morning. I kept walking, got off the schoolground, and almost ran through the park. He kept following me, also speeding up his pace when I did. When I almost got home, I looked back once, he smiled.

When I got home I realized I didn't have my key, the short distance between us was soon closed as I hit my fist against the door. No response. Mom wasn't home, I'd have to wait. It wasn't cold outside, so the temperature wasn't an issue, and if Talon hadn't been next to me, I wouldn't have minded it.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. I didn't really want to hear it, something deep down inside of me told me I had to be afraid, and I was. He walked closer and because of this I moved away and felt the door against my back. "Answer me. What do you want?" He laughed. He just laughed, his laugh seemed crazy, psycho, and unhealthy. He kept laughing until I hit him. He stopped laughing and just stared at me.

"I wanted to know what you're gonna do this summer, I thought Ethan would've asked you to go with him, but your lack of response proves me wrong". I looked at the floor, "Why would he ask that? Really, we're barely friends". Talon smiled. "And I thought you were so close". I looked up again "Guess we're not, I haven't really spoken to him in quite a long time, and why don't you just mind your own business?"

He suddenly grabbed my hand and put it against his cheek, I tried to pull away, but couldn't. "You and him, you are MY business". I just stood there, a bit surprised, not really able to say something. What the heck was that supposed to mean. He dropped my hand and walked off, just when he was gone, my mom opened the door. She'd taken the back door. "Hi honey... How was school?" I decided to act normal, as if nothing had happened. "Hey mom, it was boring, as usual"

I talked a bit with my mom, but didn't talk about something interesting that I'd remember. Not that much later Stephen got home, and I went upstairs to do some homework. When my mom called me for dinner, I checked my phone.
You have 1 message

I decided I'd read that after dinner, because I was starving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter. At least it's something.