Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 5

I was glad my mom didn't wake early that morning... I put on my clothes and ate something quickly. I cycled to a "forest" near school. It wasn't really a forest, but there were a lot of trees, so everyone called it a forest.

I dropped by bike on the floor, and sat down on one of the benches that wasn't totally worn down. I pulled out my mp3 player and listened to some music. Listening to music was my way to tune out everything else, I didn't do that because my life was so fucked up, I just did it so I wouldn't start thinking about thinks I might have forgotten.

I don't know after how long exactly, I can only tell that 2 songs had finished and the 3rd one was halfway, when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up and looked into the eyes of the one person I really didn't want to see that morning. The beautiful green eyes were staring at me, and I turned off my mp3 player.

"Good morning, Tara" Ethan said, and he smiled at me nicely. I looked around for a way to escape, I really didn't want to speak to him today. It would probably turn into a fight, and my wrist still hurt. "Let's ditch" he whispered, and his hand moved down and grabbed my wrist. Though it was my other wrist, I felt a sudden pain.

"You're hurting me!" I moaned. His grip immediatly loosened, and his expression became worried, "I'm sorry" he said and he looked at my bike. I pulled my hand back and he didn't hold on to it. He took a few steps back and raised an eyebrow. "So... if I promise to be nice, and not to hurt you, will you ditch?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm a good student, I never ditch" I felt great after I said that, because it was the truth. I always tried my best and never ditched. The corners of his lips curled up, "Okay, but I will, have a nice day." After saying that he turned around and walked away. I was amazed by his speed, I wouldn't be able to keep that pace for 10 meters, and he did it until I couldn't see him anymore.

When I arrived at school, everything was like before, and no one talked about Ethan. The only difference was that Erik didn't speak to me today, he only glanced at me, and then immediatly turned around. I was sure none of his friends knew what had happened yesterday, and I was glad that none of my friends knew either. Everyone liked Erik, so they probably wouldn't even have believed me, but that didn't matter.

After school Simone was waiting for me, in the bicycle shed-thing... "Hi Tara, have you read my e-mail already?" she asked with a smile. I walked towards my bike and started searching for my keys, "Yeah, I actually have, but... uhm". She raised an eyebrow, "but what?" I sighed "I don't really like the beach..." She nodded but I could see from her expression that she didn't quite believe that explanation. "Okay, see you tomorrow then" she said, and she walked away.

I smacked my forehead, I should have thought of something better, she'll probably think of something else to invite me to. I must get more creative with my excuses. When I cycled into the street in which I lived I saw someone standing in front of the door of my house. Before I could get much closer, my bike stopped, it felt as if someone had pulled, but I couldn't see anyone.

I got off my bike and searched around to see if maybe someone was pulling a prank on me. After looking around for a few seconds I gave up, it probably would take longer if I cycled again, so I didn't, and I walked towards my house. "Excuse me...?" I said towards the person in front of the door.

The man turned around and smiled. "Hello, you must be Tara Pretium," I nodded "Yes, how do you know?" I stared at him, it was an older man, probably 60 years old, with grey eyes. He was very pale and wore a suit. He looked kind of ill, but I didn't ask why, at least, not immediatly.

"How I know? How I know? Poor child, you don't know anything about what's going on in this place" He was probably drunk, and had heard my name from a teacher or something. The man raised his hand and flames suddenly appeared. "My dear, you can do this too" he said with a smile and then he let the flames dance. I stared at him. "You are drunk, sir, you should go home, if you even have a place to live."

I walked away, I'd just get in through the back door, but I couldn't move any further, something stopped me. I turned around and looked at the man, "What?" I said with an impatient voice. He smiled, and his eyes shifted around crazily. "I'm not drunk, and you aren't going anywhere." When I blinked my eyes, I suddenly couldn't open them anymore, and I didn't hear anything. I couldn't move anymore, and after what seemed hours, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh... took me long to write another chapter...
Blame my teachers and my school.