Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 6

When I woke up, my head was spinning. I didn't feel very well, actually I almost threw up. I couldn't properly open my eyes, probably because of the light that was shining so bright. "Where am I?" I asked, my voice was barely more than a whisper, but I heard footsteps coming closer to wherever I was.

"Good evening my dear, don't worry, you're just in your own house..." I shivered when I felt a cold hand touching my cheek. This voice was the same I'd heard before, the voice of that weird man. "Who are you?" I whispered, my throat hurt when I spoke, so I tried to make the questions very easy. The man didn't respond, so I tried to open my eyes again, and, after blinking a lot of times, I finally could.

After another few seconds I managed to see a silhouette, probably the man. The light still burned, but my eyes started to adjust. When I looked around, I saw we were in my bedroom, and I was laying on my bed. I coughed a few times and then asked again "Who are you?" my voice was louder this time, and it didn't hurt as much as before. The man smiled, "My name is Eric Pretium, your great-grandfather."

I started laughing, but his smile didn't disappear. "That's impossible" I said "He's already dead for many years" the man raised his hand and a book fell down from a shelf. I looked at it, I knew that book, it was a family album, with a lot of pictures and our family tree. I never really cared for who my family was, and I surely didn't remember everyone's face, but I remembered names. Eric Pretium was indeed my great-grandfather, but he was dead.

The man stood up and picked up the book, I saw the page on which it was opened was a part of my family tree. His hand covered one picture, but he slowly started to move his hand away. A man that looked exactly like him was in it. He then moved closer and showed me the name beneath it: "Eric Pretium". I sighed and took the book. I stared at the picture, and then glanced up at the man, who claimed to be my dead great-grandfather.

They really did look alike, but it was impossible that he was still alive, that would mean that he was about, 150 years old. He sighed and sat down on my bed. "My dear, please believe me, I came to warn you..." I glared at him, "For what?" He looked at the ceiling and seemed to think about something. "Tara, I can't tell you... You're problems would get even worse, but I will send it to you in a letter. Next week there will be a letter on your desk when you wake up, read it carefully, and don't panic. This is all I can tell for now."

He waved once and then walked towards the door. "Wait!" I shouted, but when I blinked he was gone. I put the book away where it belonged and sat down on my bed again. I tried to relax, but after 10 minutes the bell rang. I ran down the stairs, and opened the door. It was Ethan, "What do you want?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound as bored as possible.

His eyes shifted around and then he stared at me "Are you... okay?" he whispered. I nodded "yeah, why wouldn't I?" he immediately became normal again. "I dunno..." I raised an eyebrow and he smiled. "I'm sorry for hurting you this morning" he mumbled with a sigh. "I didn't want to, and I don't have any idea how I did that."

I laughed, my life was getting weird. "You grabbed my wrist, but accidentally grabbed it too tight" he looked down at the floor "I didn't" I thought about that. He was right, he barely touched it, but it had hurt like hell. I didn't really notice his hand moving closer to my arm and touching it, until I felt the pain again. The horrible pain, the same I had felt that morning, and just because he slightly touched me.

He quickly pulled his hand away and stared at me in shock. "Impossible" he whispered and his eyes grew bigger every second. "What is impossible?" I asked. He didn't respond, seriously, was everyone getting deaf? Or did they just not want to hear me?. "What is impossible?" I asked again, but now more urgent.
He looked at his hands, and then at mine "This can't be... you are... no..." he mumbled to himself some more, and I started to panic, was this normal?

"Ethan? Ethan? ETHAN?!?" after 3 times he finally looked up again. "I'm sorry" he whispered and he ran away, even faster than he'd done this morning. And he left me standing there, without having any idea of what was going on.