Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 7

He was gone, I didn't understand why, and I didn't know where he had gone, I felt like I didn't know anything. I felt dumb. What had I missed? What had they all known what I hadn't? Why did all of this make me feel so damn stupid? Even Ethan, who barely knew me, knew more about me than I knew, probably he even knew things that I still don't know.

The next few days I didn't see Ethan, neither did I recieve the letter my greatgreatandevenmoregreatgrandfather had promised to send me. Had it all been a dream? At school no one talked about Ethan, so I started to wonder if my brains were just twisted, and I needed to go to a mental hospital.

But for some reason, I did have this weird feeling in my stomach, it's hard to explain, but I just have the horrible feeling that something is about to happen, and that I would be able to prevent it, if I only knew what it was.

Life went on for another few days, and those days turned into weeks, I didn't really keep track of time, but it was snowing when I walked into the park that one day. On one of the benches sat an ill-looking boy, he looked very pale, and his hair was dirty. When I came closer I could see his eyes were dull. I moved closer, the boy looked sort of familiar, but I couldn't remember knowing someone who looked this bad.

I walked up to him and tapped on his shoulder "excuse me, but it's really cold, and I think you already look ill, so you'd better head home" he didn't respond at first. So I tapped on his shoulder again, "excuse me..." I said, this time a bit louder. It was weird when I realised that I did know this boy, it was Ethan.

"Ethan..." I whispered, "are you okay?" he looked at me, and managed to smile a little smile. "Do I look like I'm okay? You just said that I look ill" I grinned, but I could see that he didn't feel like smiling, the feeling in my stomach got worse, I was sure of it, something was going to happen, and we were in the middle of it.

"Tara... I'm so sorry" he said, "I've put you right in the middle of all this" I carefully took a few more steps and sat down next to him. "If I hadn't followed you, they wouldn't know..." he whispered. My heart began beating faster, "who are 'they'? and why did you follow me?" He sighed "kinda hard to explain, let's just say that you seemed to be interesting, so I wanted to get to know you better"

For some reason, I just had to laugh, he had been mean to me all the time, he had been flirting with almost every girl at school, and just because 'I seemed to be interesting?' "Why are you laughing?" he asked with a pained voice, "there's nothing to laugh about!" It must have been the stress from the past few weeks, but I kept laughing, it was just hilarious! After a few minutes my laughter got quiet, he was a good liar, he still looked serious, but I didn't believe him, it just didn't make sense.

"You don't believe me, do you?" I shook my head "not the slightest bit, but why would I believe you? It's not logical at all" he stared at me "the flirting was to make them think that it wasn't about you..." his voice was louder than before. I nodded, "okay, and now tell who you mean by 'them' and 'they'."

"Me and my family call them 'demons', they like to call themselves 'angels', and they look like that, they look amazingly beautiful, but when you know what sort of things they are involved in, you won't call them like that anymore. And for some reason, they want you to join them." I smiled "what would they want from me? I don't have special powers, and I'm not handy at all"

"I don't know, no one knows why" he suddenly stood up, grabbed my hand, walked away, and pulled me along. I walked behind him, not really knowing where we were heading, into the forest, well, it wasn't exactly a forest, it was more a couple of trees planted close together. I don't know how long we'd been walking, probably just a few minutes, when I bumped into Ethan. He turned around and smiled.

"My dear Tara, I hope you aren't scared after this, and I beg you, not too walk away from me, or tell anyone what you're going to see."
I nodded, I was a bit confused, and didn't understand what he was talking about, "but Ethan.." "Tara, just let me finish my story, you can ask questions afterwards, you'll probably have a lot of them after what you're going to see."

He took off his coat and put it down on the floor. I'd never do that, because it way pretty much freezing outside. I saw his lips move, and I guessed that he was mumbling something, when suddenly vivid light started to reflect from his body.