Nothing to Lose

1/3

I stared at Draco, a mix of disbelief, horror and pity on my face as he apparated into his dining room of his manor. Severus Snape was clutching to his arm.

I ran to Draco and buried my face into his neck, gripping to him so tightly I'd expected him to cry out in pain. "I was so scared for you," I whispered, breathing in the scent I hadn't smelled for so long.

I hadn't been with my boyfriend since the Spring Easter holidays, and even then, what time we had together was limited to secret meetings in the middle of the night and the times when we were with the other inhabitants of the manor, but even then, nobody could know how we felt. It had been so hard to stay home from Hogwarts while he went back without me.

"Did you do it?" I whispered to him as I pulled out of his embrace to look at him.

He shook his head, hugging me again before I had a chance to say anything. Tears were running down my face as I thought about the fact that he failed to do the Dark Lord's command to kill Albus Dumbledore. The thought that he very might kill the only person I would ever be able to feel love for broke me. Tears streamed down my face, leaking into his shirt.

It never helped that the man who would most likely kill that certain person was my father. Yes, the evil Dark Wizard known as Lord Voldemort was known to me as Father. My mother had tried to keep me from him as long as she could, but when I started school and grew closer to Draco, Lucious immediately noticed the resemblance between me and my mother. And in fourth year, when Daddy dearest started rooming with the Malfoy's, I did too.

"Mira, it's gonna be okay," he said, trying to comfort me, though even his voice was shaking. "I'll be fine."

I looked at Severus, my eyes wide. "Why?"

He looked at me with sympathy, but still had a haughty look of contempt on his sneering face. "I made a promise, Mirabel. You can't blame me for wanting to save my own life."

"I can, and I do, Severus," I said, making my way out of Draco's arms unwillingly. "If he kills him, you better hope he kills me too, or else you're going as well," I threatened, glaring into his dark eyes with enough malice to match my father.

"Consider that a promise," I added as he turned and walked away, leaving Draco and I alone in the large dining room.

As soon as Snape left, Draco's arms were once again around me, but this time he lifted me up and kissed me on the lips.

I smiled against his lips and then relaxed in his arms, letting him hold me. As he put me down, he smiled sadly. "I couldn't do it," he whispered to me, kissing my ear softly.

"Let's just forget about it for tonight?" I asked him, looking up into his grey eyes. They were watering like mine were.

He nodded and shook off the tears in his eyes, grabbed my hand and led me away from the Dining room.