Dark Nightmare

From Now On We Are Enemies

As Patrick drived, he asked,

"So Pete. What is your plan. You didn't go into detail about it."

Pete smirked.

"Well, it consists of our precious one."

Andy and Joe raised their brows.

"And who would that be?" Melissa asked nervously.

"What. Lizzie?" Patrick asked.

Melissa seemed to relax her tense shoulders.

"Nope."

Melissa's eyes went wide.

"I am not going into that bar to try and find out who that girl with the tatoo is!!"

"You're about the only person the vampires don't know!"

"And why can't I go?" Lizzie asked, looking at Pete.

"Well, it seems that since you're Will's sister, everyone knows and you also tried to kill Will. They all should know your face by now. That's why Melissa-"

"But Melissa was there too. Plus, she's not as experienced as you think."

"I know that, but there is a greater chance that the vampires don't know Melissa."

Lizzie sighed.

"It's your choice. But I think Melissa shouldn't go."

"Well, she's going. Right Melissa?"

Melissa looked annoyed.

"Hmph...okay I'll go. If I get killed, it's your fault, not mine."

Pete grabbed Melissa's shoulder.

"Look, if you don't go, we won't be able to avenge everyone who has died because of those vampires."

"I don't freaking care! Why am I the only person who is being sent?!"

"Guys guys! Don't fight!!" Joe said as he tried to calm them down.

"We're almost there anyways. Look, I'll go. I can disguise myself anyways, and they don't know me as well as all of you." Patrick sighed as he parked the car.

"Fine." Melissa grumbled as she got out of the car after Joe.

"Patrick! You're gonna get yourself killed!"

"So what about Melissa?! She'll get killed or turned into a vampire like you! I don't wanna see that happen again, okay?! If she's going to get killed, I'll be there as well, cause we're the one to blame for her becoming a vampire hunter in the first place!" Patrick yelled as he grabbed a hold of Melissa's arm.

Melissa looked toward Joe and Andy, but they couldn't do anything.

As the two got farther from the group, they started to look for the bar Fall Out Boy had performed at.

"Patrick-"
"Call me Pat. I don't want people recognizing me."
"Okay Pat. So how are people not going to notice you?"

Patrick stopped walking.

"Of course they're going to fucking know who I am. I just came here with you because I didn't want you to die."

"Then why didn't you let Pete do that?"
"He could have killed you."

Now Melissa stopped in her tracks.

"What?" She looked confused.

"Melissa, you're the key person to my plan. I came here for a reason, and I should have told you sooner..."

"Tell me what?"

"Tell you that...that Pete is going to turn into a full vampire in a few more weeks. If he turns into a full vamp, he is sure to lose his mind. We haven't told him about it yet cause then he'll try and kill himself. Look... the girl with the tatoo is actually one of our friends. She is a half vampire, but she was able to stay in the right mind and not get off track when her time came. She has this pill she made and she was able to keep her mind straight by taking that pill. We're supposed to meet her around her soon but-"

There were sounds of footsteps coming from the alley. The two looked around to see a girtl about Melissa's age coming toward them.

"Hey Patrick! I'm glad you're here! And I think this was the girl you were talking about? Hi. My name is Vicky. Well, I'm guessing you just heard about our plan? Your face says it all."

"Oh uh...hi. My name is Melissa. Yeah...I just heard. It was all of a sudden. Um...wait so you're our-"

"Friend. No not the enemy. I turned my back on them. I killed some of the vampires which came. I refused their offer to be part of their idiotic doings. For your information, I only drink blood when I need it. The supplement I made is helping me to not drink blood at all. After all, I hate human blood. Patrick here is the one who saved me from committing suicide. He gave me some of his...blood. I still feel bad. I'm in debt. So that's why when I heard about Pete, I thought I could help."

"And the pill?"

"Here it is. Just make him drink it...like say-"

"A vitamin pill?"

"Haha, yeah something like that, Melissa, something like that. You guys better get out of here. I think the vampires have noticed that we're here. I'll get them away from you guys so you better get running back to your other guys. Get out of here as fast as you can. Got it?"

Melissa and Patrick nodded their heads and started running when they saw a figure jump down from a building. The figure tackled Vicky as she struggled against the figure.

Melissa took out her gun and shot the figure and it turned to dust.

They saw more figures.

"Run Patrick! Hurry and take Melissa with you! Hurry!"

"But how about you?!"

"I'll be fine. Just-"

Another one attacked Vicky. She kicked the guy in the stomach and started to shoot the guys down with a gun. They began to turn to dust.

"Go! Go!!!" Vicky yelled as she shot another one.

Patrick grabbed a hold of Melissa's arm but she wouldn't budge.

"Melissa!!"

"We can't just leave her!"

"We have to! Listen to what somebody says for once! Don't be stubborn!"

"No! I'm not-"

Patrick punched her in the stomach and as she lost her conscious, he caught her and carried her bridal style.

Vicky and Patrick's eyes met and they nodded at each other before Patrick went running with Melissa in his arms.

"Don't die Vicky...don't you dare die!!" he yelled as Vicky shot the last bullet and went running.

To be continued...