Random short stories

Betrayed

She looked up at the night sky. She breathed in the moist air. The gentle scent tickled her nose. Rain started falling from the sky. She chuckled as a rain drop landed on her nose. She threw her head back and started laughing. He messed with her head, thinned her sanity. Every night before bed she looked at his picture and it reminded her that there was no such thing as love. She remembered every night he would whisper softly in her ear, “te amo”. She had loved him, he had betrayed her. “Shut the hell up” she heard her sister scream.

“Sure thing your majesty” She yelled back up.

She saw his figure pop up behind her sisters with his arms around her waist. He was staring down at her.

“Take a picture it lasts longer love” she hissed up at him.

“Do not call him love” her sister hissed venom evident in her voice.

“TE AMO BEBE” She yelled while walking to her motorbike. The wind rushed threw her hair as she drove to the only place she felt happy and at peace. The street lights ruined the perfect glow that the moon illuminated the park with. She walked over to the place he had first said he loved her.

..::Flashback::..

They threw he head back laughing as the rain soaked them and the wind from the swinging ran through their hair. She jumped off the swing but slipped and landed on her butt. He jumped after her landing perfectly. She looked up at him in envy and admiration at his gracefulness. He offered her his hand; she grabbed hold and pulled him down with her. As they lay on the ground laughing something happened, he looked into her eyes and his face turned serious.

“Jade,” He whispered “I know this is odd and out of the blue but I can’t hold in the fact that I love you, I’ve been trying to deny it but it just won’t leave.”

At the end of his speech she just stared at him, they’ve been friends for so long, how long he has loved her, has it been as long as she loved him. The questions just kept coming. He looked at her expectantly but as she opened her mouth to speak nothing came out. “It’s okay I understand you don’t feel the same way for me” He said disappointment written all over his face, now that she thought back to it he must of been a pretty good actor that she actually fell for it and not realise he only did it to get to her sister. Back to the flashback, she saw his every perfect feature, his strong jaw line, naturally messy hair, beautiful eyes, soft skin and the perfect shape of his lips. I drop of rain ran down his face and onto his lips, he was still staring at her. She leaned in and softly placed her lips on his, he kissed her back eagerly.

“Te Amo” he whispered.

“What does that mean” she replied.

“I love you”

..::End Of Flashback::..

She sat on the swing she sat on that night and gently touched her lips. He never loved her it was all an act.