Random short stories

To heal a broken heart you must have faith in yourself

The warm air blew her hair in different directions. She smelt the crisp summer air. How she loved summer. She missed spending it with her mother. She missed her mum full stop. Now she had nowhere to live. She kept moving place to place. At the moment she was sleeping on a bench in City Park. She looked at the scars on her wrist. She hates life. She never smiled since her mother left her, alone and helpless. Losing the will to love and trust thinking that everyone she loves always dies. She wondered around the park, looking for something sharp, a shard of glass even a sharp piece of metal.

She slowly made her way back to the bench giving up. She stared distantly into the clear lake, the moonlight made it shine like it had thousands of diamonds incrusted into the surface. She closed her eye remembering. She and her mum were laughing happily like nothing could go wrong……well that’s what she thought….she looked up to her mother in awe. She was one of the most beautiful women she had ever seen. Then see remembered her mother screaming as the car crashed into a tree and her mothers face still looking beautiful even though it was distorted in agony and covered in blood, and her mother taking her last gasping breath. From that day she realised life was cruel.

After that day she only trusted one person but in the end that person betrayed her trust as well. That was when she learnt not to trust. She put her heart on the line thinking he loved her, when all he ever wanted to do was win a bet if he got her to trust him. She held her head back a let out a laugh. O how god loved to play with her heart. She walked to the bridge over the lake and climbed onto the railing.

“Won’t it be nice,” she said “if I jumped” she let herself fall. The cool water welcomed her; she felt it fill her lungs. And when she woke up she saw a golden gate and a familiar beautiful face.

Different Point Of View

He sat on couch. He felt bad for betraying jade, but at least he won the bet. The news came on the screen. “A body of an eighteen year old girl has been found in City Park. She has been identified as Jade parker” His eyes widened and he felt his stomach tighten and his heart jump to his throat. “It has been thought suicide. The investigators are startled with this case because the young girl was found with a smile on her face”.

The End