It's Just the Way We're Diseased

Memories

Memories, as soon as I woke up and looked around the bland bedroom they hit me wave after wave of them. But they were so blurry and they came at different times of what I assume is my life.

"Graaaaaace." I was hiding in a bush giggling at my name being screeched through the park.

I was chasing Lisa down the street as she taunted me with a glass bottle filled with my wine cooler. "Lisa I wanna get drunk." I screamed.

"Hold still Gracie, let the photographer capture your beauty right."

The last one, the voice was warped and I couldn't identify who said this or what was going on. I groaned place both my palms on either side of my skull.

"Grace?" I looked at Matt who sat up reaching for me.

More memories slapped me.

"Watch it ape." A tall beefy guy bumped into my shoulder. Instantly I chucked a pencil at his head when he didn't turn around and apologize. The tip hit him in his right ear. I smirked and stood my ground, he whipped around and spotted a guy laughing and instantly started pummeling him. I burst out laughing hurrying down the hall.

"Grace, are you okay?"

Another memory; this one was that same day.

I was ushered into the office, my computer tech teacher caught me photoshopping a picture of Mandy Emerson onto the tail end of horse, where the nuts were strategically placed to make it look like they hung from her chin. I sat on the red plastic chair and smirked to see the ape slouched down looking out the window bored.

I crossed my legs and listened to the bass line coming from his headphones. After a moment I leaned over and yanked the earphone from his ear and said. "What happened to your ear?"


"That's how we met?!" I stared at him as he sat up now in the dark wood bed. I leaned over and looked at the back of his ear, a scar the length of my fingernail was clear as day on the back of the curve of his ear. "I threw a pencil at you!"

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah only girl who could make me bleed."

"Tell me what happened afterwards. I only remember throwing it and being sent to the office."

He smiled for a moment before explaining the rest of my memory. "You laughed at me. Alot I glared at you the whole time but you only laughed harder. I was called into the principal office and given the standard punishment for fighting. I left school right after and went home. Well the next day I am playing basketball with Zacky and you come waltzing into the court wearing jeans and a tight tank." He seem to enjoy that image which made me smile and my ego fluttered a bit. "You easily stole the ball from Zacky, but he was too distracted by your boobs to really think, you jumped and shot into the basket full net. Zacky had a full hard on and left instantly. He wasn't really that good of controlling himself around you or Lisa."

I giggled , covering my mouth with my right hand.

"I like that giggle." I smiled closed lipped at him. "Anyways you challenged me to a one on one."

"I won."

"No." He laughed. "You lost horribly. Course your insults were top game. Afterwards when you ended the game you marched up to me, you looked up at me and said-"

"So you won, kiss me." I finished smiling as the blissful memory unwound in my mind. I stared into his eyes, finding the green specks among the hazel, my lips pulled into a smile. "Kiss me, Matt." He smiled and closed the space between our mouths.

I pulled away and hugged him. "I wanna know more, is there anything that could help me?"

He stared at me, biting his lip in thought. "Maybe, let's go see."