It's Just the Way We're Diseased

Here But Gone

My breath was hard and forced as my feet moved over the leaves and twigs. The uneven ground made it so hard to keep my pace up. They were after me, if they caught me they would kill me. They would eat my flesh rip my hair and eyes from my body.

I gasped as my foot caught onto something.

My body slammed against the ground. Pain shot through my arm and side, I rolled on my back biting my tongue as the pain still circulated. "Oh Grace..." Her voice hissed.

My muscles were paralyzed as I laid on the ground.

I tried to move but I stayed on my back forced to look up, leaves crackled and twigs snapped in different directions. Shadows loomed over me looking down, one knelt close to me. The moonlight lit their faces. I opened my mouth to let out a scream but it was silent, my voice wouldn't work, nobody could hear me as my sister grinned down at me her eyes empty her sockets black. Her skin pale white and her teeth sharp and black.

"Gracie." She whispered.


I screamed thrashing around as hands held onto me. My name was shouted several times.

"Stop!" I screamed hoarsely. My screams continued over and over my body trying to free itself from the grip.

"Grace! It's me. It's Matt!"

Matt...

My screams quieted to sobs as he whispered in my ear comforting words. "Shhh, your okay. Open your eyes look at me."

I blinked a few times looking up at him. The face that I've grown so accustomed to dreaming about. I touched his cheek blinking several times. I sobbed wrapping my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his shoulder my own shoulders shaking as he hugged me back kissing my neck several times.

"Matt..." I whispered smiling into his shirt.

"Grace, god it's great to see you." He pulled back smiling down at me. "Are you feeling okay?"

I bit my lip unsure whether to tell him...

"Grace!" I looked and opened my mouth to scream as they shadowy face smiled evilly at me. I felt light headed suddenly as I slumped down in Matt's arms and closed my eyes falling away.

There was fire everywhere. My skin was so hot it should have been melting from my bones, but no. It was like the fire didn't want me to die quickly it was torture for me. I screamed in agony as I tried to escape. The smoke was think, tears ran down my face.

I coughed several times falling to my knees. I couldn't move on, the heat, the smoke. It was too much. Wood snapped above my head before I could realize what was happening, a burning plank of wood was on top of me. I screamed trying to free myself but it had my hips pinned down.

I was going to die.

I was going to die slowly.

I was going to die painfully.

But I was going to die.

A shadow loomed over me, I looked up in the face of the monster who did this to me. Something silver glinted by the light of the flames, he slowly smiled his teeth glinting with it.

I opened my mouth but nothing would come out. The smoke filled my lungs.

I was going to die now.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS STORY IS NOT BEFORE OR AFTER ROSE! THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT A7X STORY!!!