It's Just the Way We're Diseased

I Stole Your Man!

I left Lisa to do her business and flung my arms around Matt, my own prince charming as Lisa would say with a sneer. I raised myself up, my toes sinking into the ground, and kissed Matt's lips. I pulled away when he didn't return the kiss. He was staring down at me, his eyebrows were furrowed, mouth slightly opened as if he wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words.

"Haven't turned gay on me have you?"

Jimmy jumped in and flung his arm around Matt's shoulder. "Yes sister. I am happy to announce I stole your boyfriend. We're in love. I think it's best you finally let Zacky how you really feel."

"Funny." I rolled my eyes, my feet flat on the ground now. I looked Jimmy up and down, then scanned Matt's arms. I lifted his shirt examining his stomach. "Jesus." I murmured running my finger over a jagged one inch mark that ran just beneath his bottom rib. "Are you okay." Dropping his shirt I cupped his face with my hands.

His eyes flickered to Jimmy, who had a what the fuck face also. "I'm fine." He finally responded. "What about you?"

"Well I'm fine, had a fuck up dream that I can't quite remember now. I think whatever was in that needle that bitch gave me caused it and Lisa letting my hair get knotted and tangled with leaves and twigs I'm fine."

Matt paused for a moment, his eyes locked with mine. I watched as his eyes were moved back and fourth slightly. They were trying to find something in mine. Then slowly he smiled. "Great. Um let's get going." We all climbed back into the van, Lisa came lumbering up, her face blank.

I cuddled close to Matt. "Are you sure you're alright?" I whispered running my finger over his lips and down his chin.

He watched me for a moment before answering back. "I'm just worried about you."

"Don't be. I'm fine, a little needle poke isn't gonna kill me. It was just a sedative. I just need to know that your alright and all those hits with the taser didn't hurt you in anyway." He kissed my hand as it rested on his cheek.

"Grace you're gonna get worry lines if you keep scrunching up your face." He stated causing me to pout. He kissed my lips roughly, bordering to the point of devouring them.

We continued to kiss, our tongues started to dance, my hands snaked under his shirt over his chest. His hands stayed on my hips.

"Ow!" I cried,.as a sharp pain stung my side. I whipped around to glare at my brother who grinned cockily, a ruler in his hand.

"The vehicle has come to a stop. Please untangle your tangled limps and exit the vehicle." He turned his back to me, I pounced wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. Jimmy hogged all the height that seemed to be in the genetic pool. Tightening my arms around his neck as he walked towards the gas station. He coughed, and tried to pull my arms apart. Matt walked past us chuckling to himself.

"Ya ass." I spat after I was satisfy that we were even I slid down and danced past him.

"Fuck Grace." Jimmy called following us in. There was a beautiful red circle around his neck. I blew him a kiss and then turned my attention to the fruit flavored water. After deciding I followed Matt around as he chose his drink and snack of choice. I wasn't that hungry, and if I did at some point I would simply steal some of my Matt's. Or Lisa's or Jimmy's. I wasn't too picky.

Soon enough we were on the road again. I took a few small sips and settled against Matt. I closed my eyes having the intention of falling asleep when Matt called my name and shook my body. "What?" I snapped.

"Come on your not gonna fall asleep are you? You can't leave me here cold." He teased, but there was something odd underneath. Fear?

I was just hearing things. Sitting up a little more I examined Matt. He smiled softly, one hand massaged my thigh. We leaned in our lips touching softly. I gave him a small peck and then settled back down closing my eyes. "There. Your a little warmer." He sighed and tried to make another attempt but I ignored and curled up, and fell asleep.

I was surrounded by shadows, they were like black clouds, shaped like people. I spun around as I heard a scream. "Hello?" I called into the shadows. They were floating aimlessly. I took a step towards the sound, a switched click. The shadows spun like a tornado. My hair and close flapped violently around my body. I reached out to touch the black abyss, I drew back as it scorched my hand.

The space around me was closing in. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out.


"Grace!" Matt hissed. My eyes snapped open, my nails were dug deep in his arm. Pulling them away I wiped sweat from my forehead. "Get out of the van." He ordered.

"What?" I stammered confused. Fog started to clear. "Why?" I demanded angry.

Matt simply nodded to behind me. Looking over my shoulder I saw that the doors were wide open, a police officer stood there eying us.

Fuck.