Sequel: 30 Years Past
Status: Finished and Sequel has Begun.

1000 Years in the Making

Sheriff Mode

I woke up that night in a panic, I sat up in bed sweating, panting, and frantic. I layed back down and just concentrated on breathing. After I calmed myself down I went downstairs to see if Godric was still home. I was shocked to see not Godric but Eric standing in the kitchen with a bottle of Trueblood in his hand. He tilted it towards me as an offering and I shook m head.
“What happened to your leaving at sundown plan?” I said a little more snippish than I wanted.
“Well I was hoping to stick around and talk to you”
“There’s nothing to talk about” I cut him short.
“I was hoping last night was a dream of some sort, but I can see now that it wasn’t” He took a sip of his trueblood.
“It happened face it” I hated being so mean but I knew it was for the best.
“It seems our roles are reversed, but let me fix that” He paused and cleared his throat, using his sheriff voice he continued, “As sheriff of area 5 I ban you Valary Dravenport from ever stepping into my area until I am relieved of duty or I die the true death” Eric finished with a stern nod and like that he was gone at vampire speed. I was left standing there flabbergasted.
“Well, I was not expecting that” I let out one short chuckle and flopped down onto a chair utterly confused. I picked up the phone and pressed speed dial 4, “Izzy, you busy?” I asked and was thankful when Isabel said she was free.

I ran all the way back to Bon Temps in about an hour and a half. I composed myself and walked into Fangtasia pushing past the crowd and making it to my office.
“Well, where is she?” Pam asked walking into my office unannounced.
“Dallas” I said busying myself with things on my desk.
“Dallas, you went there to get her back not tell her to stay” Pam blurted out.
“Well she didn’t want t come back so I made sure she wouldn't be able to” I said spinning my chair around to file some papers.
“Eric, what did you do? She glared at me.
“I banned her from area 5 until I’m gone or dead” I said flatly turning back around to see her shocked expression.
“You what!” She yelled, “are you an idiot what if she changes her mind, she can’t come back. What about Bill and Sookie and more importantly what about me, I liked her and you had to push her away” Pam rambled on.
“Enough Pam” I said.
“No, it’s not enough, how could you do this” She continued.
“I said enough” I bellowed and she glared at me annoyed that I had made it a command she had to obey.
“Fine, you funeral” She turned around and went back to the chaos in the bar. I sat there contemplating what had went on the past couple days and decided to distract myself by sitting in my red chair for public viewing in the bar, just something to get my mind off of it all.

“He banned you from the area for good?” Godric’s right hand lady Isabel asked. She was really the only person in Dallas that I talked to besides Godric.
“Yeap, until he’s relieved of duty or dead” I shook my head in disgust.
“What and asshole, does he not realize you have other people that live in that area besides him” She said.
“It doesn’t matter he thinks only about himself” I tried not to get overly angry, “If he wanted me to hate him again then he got his wish, I will hate Eric Northman until the day I meet the true death” I nodded sharply making sure that was securely etched in my head.
“Does Godric know what he did?” Isabel asked and I was flooded with panic, Godric would ask questions and they would be questions I couldn’t answer honestly.
“No, he doesn’t know anything I’ve told you, I was afraid he would take back his decision and kill me” I looked up at Isabel with true fear in my eyes, “And now that Eric hates me again he wouldn't be hurt if Godric did the deed” I sighed.
“Val I seriously doubt Godric would do that, I’ve known him for a long time and he’s never taken someone like he has with you. I’m sure the decision to not kill you was not purely Eric’s” She tried a small smile but all I could think about was that I might not be hating Eric for too much longer.

I was laying on the couch waiting for Godric to come home when all of a sudden I felt a hand on my throat and someone on top of me. My eyes shot open and I almost cried when I saw that Godric was the one all vamped out and crushing my windpipe. I grabbed at my throat and violently squirmed as he glared down at me.
“Was it you” He spoke each word like a sentence.
“What?” I choked out and Godric let go.
“Ten humans are dead, along with three vampires, Stan said the pattern was like your, was it you?” He barked.
“Godric why would-” I was cut off.
“Answer the question” He hissed.
“No, it wasn’t me, I’ve been here most of the night and rest was spent with Isabel” I said quickly for once in my life truly scared. Godric retracted his fangs and plopped down on the couch, I moved my legs away from him and brought my knees to my chest and hugged them. Never in my life human or vampire had I been that terrified. Godric was two different people and Sheriff Godric was someone I never wanted to see again. Godric moved closer to me as he shifted on the couch and I about jumped out of my skin.
“Why are you so jumpy?” Back to normal Godric. I just stared in horror at him, how could he be so cruel one minute and then caring the next. He reached toward me and I leaned away, “Val” He said. In the next second I sped up to the bedroom and buried my face in my pillow.
“Valary, is everything ok?” He walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. I turned my head to look at him cautiously. His fangs were gone, his eyes back to brownish green, and around his eyes were no longer gray.
“No” It was all i said one short word.
“What’s wrong” He leaned toward me and I sat up in bed. I touched my neck and felt it healing, no doubt it was still red and bruised, “Val” He looked away, “I’m so sorry” He reached out his hand and I took it hesitantly. He held my hand in both of his and kissed it.
“Godric” I finally whispered and he looked at me, “What was that?” I asked gaining some confidence back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys probably hate me because she didnt choose Eric, but believe me things are not over between them, just please bare with me.
Hope you enjoy, comments appreciated.=D