Sequel: 30 Years Past
Status: Finished and Sequel has Begun.

1000 Years in the Making

Claude

I sped through the woods on auto pilot going the path I knew so well. Suddenly the woods disappeared and there was an opening that surrounded a house. It was a small two story house nothing fancy on the outside but fully furnished on the inside like a palace. I walked up the three steps leading to the wrap around porch, I stood there for a few minutes taking in the old structure that I loved. I was suddenly taken back to a different time.

“It’s beautiful, everything I ever dreamed of, and a plus it’s out in the middle of nowhere, no one will ever interrupt us” I smiled at Eric as we walked into the house. I was blown away by the outside of the house, but when I saw the inside I almost needed to sit down. I turned with my mouth gapping open to look at Eric. He smiled and took my hand, leading me up the stairs and to the bedroom.
“It’s totally blocked out, no sun can get in, we can finally stay together in bed all day and night” He smirked. I fluttered around the room looking in the bathroom and linen closets. I walked over to another door and swung it open, it was a walk in closet and it had an endless supply of clothes, all brand new.
“When did you get these?” I walked through the closet touching everything I could reach.
“About a week ago, I went through your closet and tried to get an idea of what you liked and then I went shopping, I’ve had the house for a while, It just took a while to get everything moved in and bought” He walked into the closet and wrapped his arms around me.
“I love it Eric, almost as much as I love you” I turned around in his arms and kissed him.

I walked up the stairs rubbing my hand on the hand rail, I found the bedroom and sat down on the bed. It’s amazing how everything was left exactly the same as it was when I was here left. Why Eric had never cleaned out the house and sold it I would never know. I walked to the closet and all my clothes were still there, I took down a red dress and held it up to my body. This was the dress that I wore to our double date with Claude and Katie.

We pulled into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant and Eric turned off the car.
“Are we really doing this?” I asked as we sat there in silence.
“Yes, I Eric Northman, and you Valary Dravenport are going on a double date with two other vampires to a nice human restaurant” He nodded.
“Why, we all know this is going to end badly” I sighed.
“Now why do you have to look at everything in such a depressing way, things will go great, I promise you” He got out of the car and took my hand after opening my door and led me into the building.

That was the night everything started going downhill. I ended up learning that Katie and Eric had slept together later in our relationship. Eric tried to turn it around on me and said that I was with Claude, our relationship started to slip then. I hugged the dress trying to remember the good times, trying to hang on to the things that made me truly happy.
“Valary” I turned around and just fell into Eric’s arms, I cried and held onto him as hard as I could. He rubbed my back as I cried into his shoulder. He led us over to the bed me still holding onto the red dress. We laid there on the bed just holding each other as I continued to cry.
“Eric” I choked out and sniffled.
“Mmmhmm” I opened my eyes and looked up at him.
“Why didn’t you see the house and everything in it?” I asked.
“I guess because I hoped at some point you would come back, whether it was to be with me or just to be closer to your friends. I wanted you to have a place of your own to go to when you needed it” He looked down and kissed my forehead. It was nice to just get all of this out, I was exhausted from keeping everything bottled up. Godric needed to know the truth, everyone needed to know the truth, even if it kills me in the process.
“There are so many memories here” I sat up in the bed laying the dress over my legs, “I miss how it used to be” I stopped before I started to cry again.
“I remember this dress” He reached out his hand and touched it, “Claude and Katie” He said rubbing the fabric between his fingers.
“Yea” I got up off the bed and threw the dress into the closet closing the door, trying to keep the memories locked in with it. I stood there with my back to Eric as I tried to figure out what to do next. I walked back over to the bed and crawled under the covers and laid there staring at Eric. I leaned in closer and kissed him on the lips, he leaned back and looked at me concerned.
“Val, we shouldn’t do this” Eric said scooting away from me.
“Please just amuse me for once” I pleaded with him.
“We are already in over our heads in lies and secrets” He continued. I turned away from him in bed and sighed a sigh of frustration.
“You can leave now” I said closing my eyes and trying to ignore him.
“I’m not leaving you when you’re like this” He sat up in bed and rubbed my shoulder.
“Leave” I demanded as I started to cry again.
“No, now stop your crying and come here” He grabbed me and held me in his arms as I stopped my crying.
“I never stopped loving you Eric” I sniffled and wiped my face, “And now Godric is going to kill me and I’m still being framed by the rogue vampire” I shook my head.
“Valary, we will find who is framing you and I will personally kill them. Don’t worry about Godric he’s not going to kill you, I don’t understand why you think he is that heartless” He lifted my chin and made me look up at him.
“There is a whole different side of him that scares me, his powers and his control over me it terrifies me” I closed my eyes and searched for more to say, all I wanted to do was lay here and cry.
“He’s my maker I’ve known him for a very long time, I’ve seen everything he is capable of, he can be very crucial at times but in the end he means well” He explained. I pushed away from Eric and walked out of the room.
“I can’t do this anymore, you, me, Godric, It’s too much!” I yelled, Eric was following me as I walked through the house, “I want you and all you do is push me away” I continued on my rampage.
“Val” He interrupted.
“Don’t Val me Eric” I poked him hard in the chest, “I’m sick of you being so extreme one way or the other, I’m tired of Godric being a lose cannon, I’m tired of hiding who I truly am just to keep everyone happy” I was crying tears of anger. Eric latched on to me holding me trying to calm me down, I used my fists to beat on his chest to try and get him to let me go.
“Valary, calm down” He looked me in the eyes. I shook my head and continued to try and wiggle free, “Stop moving” He demanded, and when I stopped he leaned down and kissed me so deeply I could feel it in my bones. I kissed back and we headed back to the bedroom.

We were laying there in bed just looking at each other when I was taken back to the double date we had.
“Claude!” I suddenly got out of bed and got dressed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update, so I'm still trying to figure out where this is going. Suggestions??
Hope you enjoy, comments appreciated. =D