Status: One shot; completed.

Did It Mean Anything?

A Girl Like Annabelle.

I took a one last look at my appearance on the mirror, making sure I looked presentable.

The crème-colored shorts only could only cover until my mid-thighs while the red flannel tube top hugged my body. The gladiator sandals were wrapping my feet perfectly, and various necklaces were dangling against my chest. My figure wasn’t too skinny or too curvy, and I never complained about it. I loved it the way it was.

“Kris, tell me whose party are we going to again?” I called out.

My best friend Kristine whom I had been sharing an apartment with for about 2 years now, answered while walking to my room. The sound of her heels stomping softly against the floor echoed through the whole flat.

“I’ve told you for like the fifth time now, it’s our high school friend’s birthday par—“ She cut herself off, staring at me. “Damn, Annabelle. You look hot. I’d turn lesbian for you.”

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and turned around to face her. “Well, that’s nice. The compliment, I mean. I hope you do notice that I’m not interested in girls, thank you very much.”

I examined the outfit she was wearing. She was wrapped in a ruffle halter dress while her feet were wearing a pair of orange high heels. I noticed she was also wearing a charmed bracelet encircling her right wrist; I heard the bracelet was a one year anniversary present from her boyfriend Eric, and she never stopped wearing it.

“I don’t get why he’s celebrating his birthday; he’s too old to celebrate this kind of stuff,” I muttered, ruffling my hair to make it looked better.

She rolled her eyes at me. “It’s his twenty-first, Annabelle. That’s why.”

“Hm, right.”

I grabbed my leather jacket that was hanging right next to the full-length mirror and my clutch bag that was placed on the dresser, and we immediately drove off to where the party was located.

As we went in to the club, it was full of sweaty bodies being pushed against each other, dancing; especially on the dance floor. The smell of cigarette smoke and various types of alcohol filled the whole room.

“Come on, let’s find Eric and the birthday boy first before you go do your own things,” she said, grabbing my wrist and explored the room to find Eric. We found him by the sofas, sitting with his friends.

“Eric!” Kris squealed, wrapping her arms around him.

“Hey,” Eric laughed as he pecked her cheek after she seated herself on his lap. He nodded at me. “Hey Annabelle.”

I put on a small smile and waved at him, while my eyes roaming his friends.

One person caught my eye.

Mainly because of his red hair that was standing up everywhere.

But he had an adorable smile, and I had to resist myself not to tackle him when I saw him laughing.

Someone patted my back, and I jumped slightly. I turned around, and saw the birthday boy.

“Annabelle! How the hell are you?!” John asked excitedly, cracking a huge smile as he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged back. “I’m fine, John,” I laughed. “Happy birthday.”

“Thanks,” he grinned as we pulled away. “It’s been two years since I last saw you and you’re… grown.”

“…Are you talking about my boobs?”

“Trust me, Annabelle, I’m not talking about them,” he chuckled. “But yeah,… they do look good.”

I slapped his arm jokingly and he laughed, turning to Kris to chat.

I turned around again to satisfy my eyes’ need: staring at the red-haired boy.

I gulped a massive lump in my throat when I caught him staring directly at me. My legs suddenly were weak under his eyes.

“Hey, guys,” I told Eric and Kris. “I’m gonna go get some drinks, okay?” That was an excuse; I had to get away from his stare.

“Alright,” they both answered and I walked away from the group, to the bar. I seated myself on a stool and ordered a drink to the bartender.

“Got an ID?” he asked. I showed him my fake ID, and then he turned to make my drink.

Why did they need us to show our IDs anyway? It was like 2/3 of the people in here were underage, as if it wasn’t obvious.

A few moments later, he placed a glass of alcohol in front of me. I grabbed it and chugged it down.

“Are you even allowed to drink?” a voice creeped behind me, and I tensed up; almost choking on my drink. He chuckled as he took a seat on the stool next to me. He called a bartender and ordered his drink.

I couraged myself to look at the person next to me. First, my eyes traveled to see his legs that were wrapped in a pair of black skinny jeans, and then traveled up to his hands, and then to his face –

He was staring at me again, this time with a smile. My heart leaped.

He offered out his hand. “Nick.”

“Annabelle.” I took his hand and shook it. His hand was so warm and comforting, but too bad we both had to retract our hands.

The bartender placed his drink in front of him, and he mouthed a ‘thanks’. I watched as he brought up the glass against his lips. Oh, his lips; they looked so soft and delicate and –

He turned to see me. “So, I heard you were Eric and John’s high school friend.”

“Er, yeah,” I looked away; I always felt uneasy under his stare. It was like he had magic in his eyes only to make me weak.

He chugged down his drink empty as I did the same to mine. We both ordered for another shot to the bartender, and we didn’t see that coming.

We stared at each other for a while, grinning.

- - -

We spent the next hour getting know each other while drinking. I found out he was in the same band with Eric, and I never noticed that. I was never paying attention to band members; I only listened to their music. But I felt pretty bad not knowing the members’ names though.

He was on tour right now, with John’s band, along with other bands.

It wasn’t hard to get us drunk; I just needed 3 glasses to be slightly drunk and him 4 glasses.

By the time we were finishing our 6th shot, I was drunk. Like, druuuunk.

“You know, what, Nick,” I slurred. “You are so adorable,” I giggled.

He chuckled before leaning in and whispered next to my ear; his lips grazing lightly against my skin as he did so. “I found you sexy for the first time I saw you.”

He pulled away slowly, and when he was further enough, he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear with his eyes staring intensely into my mine. His hand lay on the side of my neck as he was leaning closer.

I could feel his hot breath hitting my lips as I closed my eyes.

And then it happened.

Our lips touched, sparks everywhere, butterflies in my stomach, my mind went blank, fireworks in my vision.

He pulled away, but something I didn’t think I would do happened.

I pulled him back and kissed him passionately.

Our breaths become short in a matter of seconds.

“Wanna get out of here?” he asked huskily. I nodded and then we immediately left the club.

We went to his hotel, but apparently the elevator wasn’t fast enough to hold back our patience.

In just a few seconds in the elevator, we were kissing each other with my arms wrapped around his neck and his hand on my back and the other on the back of my waist, pulling me closer to him.

After it seemed like forever, the elevator finally dinged and slid open. He immediately pulled my hand and guided me to his hotel room. After unlocking the door, he slammed it open after pulling me inside. He shut it close and locked it, before his lips made their way to attack my neck.

As he did so, he was also pushing me back; my feet would stumble a few times upon various things that were scattered on the floor. I stumbled again, but this time I fell directly on to the bed, pulling Nick along with me.

I laughed drunkenly and he chuckled, but he immediately shut me up by kissing my lips, tracing his tongue against it.

That night was one of the best nights in my life.

- - -

My eyes squinted as they were trying to adjust with the light in the room. My head turned to my right and smiled as I saw the most attractive boy sleeping next to me with his arms around me. I couldn’t believe I just had sex with him last night.

I rubbed my eyes with my fingers, until I felt something cold was also rubbing against my face.

I brought up my left hand to see what it was. A ring encircling my finger.

My eyes widened and I sat up as reality hit me.

Shit.

I’m getting married in two weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
At first I wanted to write this as a combination of the songs Kiss and Sell by The Maine and Hey Brittany! by Forever The Sickest Kids. I re-read this and realized it doesn't apply to Kiss and Sell at all, haha. As for Hey Brittany!, it does look it would fit the song, but not perfectly enough. But I like this nonetheless :]

And I made Nick look like a creeper in the title ;p