Status: No comments=no story

At the receiving end

Chapter 4

I don’t know how long I had been asleep but it felt good. I looked over at Ryan who was intensely reading a book. Who know he was reader? His eyes darted back and forth proving to me how into his book he was. He even looked kind of cute but in a little kid way. I leaned up from my seat which had been leaned back. Ryan must have done it. My head throbbed and my eyes hurt but it felt good in a way. Now that I thought back upon it…crying and freaking out like I did seemed dramatic and childish. Ryan must think I’m a loser.
“Hey.” My voice croaked. Ryan looked over at me. He smiled then wiped his cheek. I automatically wiped mine in imitation. What came off happened to be receipt from Wal-mart. “Real Smooth Tayber” I thought to myself.
“So would you like to tell me what all of that was about?” His eyebrow rose as he interrogated me.
“It just some mild issues with Aaron. No biggie.” I smiled and stretched my body as much as I could in his tiny car.
“This is your second day at school and you already had a mental breakdown about a guy? I didn’t know you got around that fast.” He laughed as he said this to show me that he was joking. I appreciated his humor right now.
“Aaron is my step-brother. He’s trying to get me in with his friends by “hooking me up”. I used air quotations with my fingers to emphasize the hooking up part. Ryan smiled.
“Which Aaron is it? And who is he “hooking” you up with?” He mimicked my air quotations which made him look absolutely ridiculous.
“Aaron Malin is my step-brother and Mason Yoakum is the guy I’m going out with according to Aaron.” I explained. Ryan’s eyes widened.
“You’re Aaron Malin’s step-sister? I heard him talking about you a week before you even came here!”
“What do you mean by talking?” The confusion seeped through my voice. He ran a hand through his hair and looked uncomfortable.
“You know what? I have band practice.” He closed his book and sat it down in the backseat which was littered already with books and trash. Ryan pulled on his seat belt and waited for me to do so before he put the key in the ignition.
The ride to my house was quiet and awkward. I watched the houses pass by me in a blue but my mind was still wondering about the whole “talking” ordeal that Aaron had been doing. It didn’t make sense to me.
We pulled up into my drive-way. No one was home yet but I had a key. I watched as Ryan’s car sputtered out of my drive way and down the route we had just taken. As soon as I was inside I went into the kitchen to get something to drink. The fridge was open but as soon as they heard me walk in they shut the door.
It was Aaron.
“Hey.” His monotone voice was clearly recognizable now.
“Hi.” I replied. I grabbed a can of Sunkist from the pantry and was about to head out before Aaron spoke
“We have cold drinks in the ice box…” I tempted a smile.
“That’s alright. I can handle my drinks hot.” I walked out feeling a bit less stressed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like my writing has went down the drain.
This sucks.
Sorry.... =/
Swimming is kicking my butt and I barely have enough time to do homework let alone revise chapters.