Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Struggles Letting Go.

Josline Marie Jaulby. I had to be one of the weirdest girls to ever walk the planet. I was small and looked shy at first sight. But when you got closer to me, I was rather loud.

That is, until I met Josh. Josh made me lose my thought mid-sentence; shut me up when I was spazzing. Over-all, he brought out the best in me.

It didn’t start that way.

“Jaws, will you PLEASE hurry up?” My brother Airin called from the other side of my bedroom door.

“I’m coming! Jesus!” I yelled back at him. I picked up my back pack and binders, opening the door to reveal my brothers purple and red hair. He looked like a fruit salad. “Ready.”

“You take so long!” Airing whined.

“I take 15 minutes, you take 40.” I retorted back. Airin pouted, folding his arms.

“That’s why I got up early.” He stuck his tongue out at me and smiled.

The two of us got in Airins car, Airin struggling to get the keys into the ignition. The entire 5 minutes he was fighting with his car, I thought back to the summer.

“Are you sure you can’t stay a few more days?” Josh begged me, pouting.

“I’m sorry Josh. I have to go back to school.”

“School doesn’t start for another month!” Josh frowned.

“Our mom is expecting us back tomorrow.” I said. Josh moved closer to me, taking my hands in his. My fingers tingled, which in turn, made my spine tingle. Josh gave me the strangest feeling in the world, something I don’t think I had ever felt before.

“Then leave tomorrow in the morning.” Josh pulled me in closer, so I was right up against his body. “Please?” I stuttered for my words. His eyes mesmerized me. I leaned my head on his chest, breathing in his scent. I looked up at him, his eyes were just beautiful, and full of hope.

“OY! Josline! We have to head out now!” Airin called from the car, honking the horn. “Move it! NOW!”

I looked back and glared at my brother. I looked back at Josh, my heart sinking. “I’m sorry Josh. I promise I will call you, or write you e-mails every day.”


I never did.

“Josline? Jaws?” Airin snapped his fingers in front of me. I zoned back into reality. “We’re here.” He motioned to the school. I unbuckled myself and got out of the car. Airin and myself walked up the steps to the school, Airin pulling open the door. There were many people already in the school. Some people said hello to Airin and myself, mostly Airin though. I had zoned out, but jumped out of my skin when a pair of arms found their way around my waist. I looked up at who had their arms around me. It was John, the boy who had a crush on me. To be honest, I did like John, but he flirted with a lot of girls, and I didn’t know if he would really be faithful or not.

His chin rested on my shoulder. “I missed you.” He whispered into my ear. I smiled and turned around in his arms.

“I missed you too.”

I didn’t miss him all that much.

“Mmm,” he took my hand and we started walking down the hallway. “How was Vancouver?” He asked, trying to keep a conversation between the two of us.

“Oh, really cool. I haven’t been there in 4 years. I met some really cool people, and jammed with a soon to be famous band.” I said, keeping a casual tone.

“A soon to be famous band?”

“You know, that band that Matt is in?” I said, pointing back at Matt and Jazz.

“Oh, yeah. That one.” John said. It sounded like he wasn’t very interested in what I had to say, so I told him I would catch up with him later. I waved goodbye and walked over to Jazz and Matt, who were sitting in a little nook of the common area. Jazz looked at me as I approached. She leaped up from her chair, nearly knocking me over in a fit of joy.

“Jaws! I missed you!” She screeched in my ear. I pushed her away, sticking my finger in my ear. “Oops, sorry.” She frowned sheepishly, backing away.

I laughed, “It’s okay Jazz.” I smiled. Jazz returned the smile. I turned to Matt and waved, “Hey Matt, how’s things with the band?” I asked casually.

“Oh, things are going great. I’m going back to Vancouver over Christmas break to see how everything is. But when I left, it was all good.” He smiled his famous Matt smile. It was infectious, I just had to smile back. “How’s things with you and John?” he asked. I looked at Jazz, who just nodded.

John and Jazz were best friends, and I didn’t want her to feel bad if I said anything wrong. “He’s a sweet guy, but I just don’t know how long I can do this.” I sighed. “I do like John, but can he really stay faithful? He’s flirty, and hits on pretty much every single girl. I mean, just look at how he acts around Elaine.” I sighed and looked over at a table in the common area. Elaine was a tall, brown haired, thin, pretty girl. Lot’s of guys had crushes on her, and she made girls like me feel inadequate. She was one of these girls who looked like they had just stepped out of a modeling magazine. Not a flaw one them.

“John really is trying.” Jazz said. “I know he can be a little bit of an ass sometimes, but he really likes you.”

“I know that Jazz. But seriously, I don’t know how much I like him. I don’t even think I like him as a boyfriend anymore.”

“You guys haven’t even made it official though.” Matt piped up. I nodded in agreement. I opened my mouth to say something, but I saw someone who made my heart stop completely. I looked at the boy who was walking towards us, his light brown hair some-what shimmering from the light coming through the windows.

“You forget my number?” Josh looked at me straight in the eye, a hint of amusement touching them.

No, no, no, no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, if you need ANY information on anything about the story you don't understand, ASK ME!