Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Jesus Dad

The movie ended and I decided to give Josh a quick tour of the house.
Josh was completely in awe when he met my dad however. They spent most of the time talking.

'Come on dad. I haven't seen him in 3 months, and you're talking to him like you're old buddies.' I leaned my face against the palm of my hand when they started talking with one another. I sat at the table, just listening to their conversation.

"So, what is it really like being recognized when you go out in public?" Josh asked attentitvely. My dad laughed.

"Well, it's not easy. I mean, people you meet are pretty cool, but in all seriousness, it can get a little bit over-whelming at times..." My dad started, but was interupted by my mom, Chloe.

"Jon...maybe you should let Josh and Josline have THEIR time together." Chloe said, leaning against the frame of the dining room door.

"Come on Chloe..." My mom gave my dad a stern look. "Sorry dear." My dad muttered. I giggled and got up from my chair.

"Hey mom, where is Airin?" I asked. My mom paused for a moment, gone into a thinking mode.

"I think he's at work right now." She finally decided on her answer. I smiled and motioned for Josh to follow me. He got up from his chair, saying goodbye to my parents.

"Here, is where the magic happens." I smirked at Josh.

"Ooh, that kind of magic?" He said.

"No!" I smacked his arm playfully. I pulled open the door to the basement, "The stairs are kind of steep..." I stated, Josh taking a hold of my hand. His hand send sparks down my spine.

"I'm TERRIBLE at steep steps." He whispered. I smiled and reached the bottom of the stairs. I pushed open the other door, revealing mine and Airins recording room. Josh stared in awe as I showed him all of the instruments. I ushered him to my side of the room (Airin would shoot anyone who touched his stuff). Josh picked up an acoustic and once again, I zoned into a memory.

"Well, this is my area of the house." Josh said, showing Airin, Jazz, Marque and myself his ensuite. He opened the door to another room, which had musical equipment scattered across it. I looked at all of the acoustics hung up on the wall, and then spotted a specific guitar.

"Is that a Flying V,original 1968 model? Part of the Gibson Gloss Series?" I asked, examining a Flying V guitar sitting in the corner. Josh walked up to me.

"You know guitars?" He asked. Airing muttered a 'yes she does' from the other side of the room. I kneeled down next to guitar, examining the neck of the guitar.

"This isn't the original neck of the guitar. It looks like it's been replaced with a newer model...Probably a 2007." I looked up at Josh, who looked thoroughly impressed.

"Yeah, how did you know that?" I stood up and shrugged.

"I know my way around guitars." I smiled.

"Okay...well...what's that one miss smarty mc smarty pants?" He pointed to a blue guitar next to it.

"American Vintage Strat.1957 model, ocean turqouise maple. Fender's most popular guitar." I looked at Josh, who's mouth was hanging open a little. He turned around to Matt.

"I think I'm in love with this girl." Everyone cracked up laughing.


"Hey Josline..." I snapped out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You looked spaced. I thought I should bring you back to Earth." He smiled. I laughed slightly. I don't know why I was having so many flashbacks. That could of just of been my peak of insanity.

Josh set the guitar back in the case and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I need to get going. I do have a curfew after all..." He said, smiling lop-sidedly.

"Oh...don't go. I haven't seen you in three months!" I gasped, throwing my arms around his shoulders in an over-dramatic way. "You just can't go!"

Josh laughed, my face in sync with his chest as he did so. "Sorry hon, but I do gotta go."

"You sure you can't stay for dinner?" I asked, staring up at him with my deep blue eyes. He smiled warmly at me, kissing my forehead.

"I'll call my parents..."