Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Basically, I'm His Favourite.

Getting back to my normal life was proving to be a little bit stressful. I knew that people were going to be curious about what happened, but it was still bothering me.
My relationship with Marque was basically back to square one. It felt like we were back at the beginning of our relationship where everything was awkward and we didn't know just how we felt about one another.

I loved Marque more than anything. I loved him more than music and pie combined. And that was a lot. I felt like I screwed up with him, but when he came and saw me in the hospital just once, it made me feel like he wanted to give us another chance, that he was sorry. I didn't think he would show up with Jazz, but I was sure glad that he did.

Some things had been starting to look up though.

I drove Jaws to work on Saturday. The first Saturday she had decided to go back to work. I went inside to just pick up a burger for dinner, because I didn't want to make anything. Dad had gone back to work on his movie, and mom was in Kelowna for a few days. Greg smiled at Jaws when she walked into the building and almost immediatly went to work. Greg then noticed me and smiled.

"Hey, Airin! How ya feeling?" He asked me. I walked over to the counter where Greg was standing. I noticed Davin was in the back cooking.

"I'm much better now. No one else is on right now?" I asked, looking around the restaurant. Josline was the only waitress that day.

"No, it's only the three of us. Well, one new guy is supposed to start on Monday." Greg said. I leaned on the counter. Then I had an idea.

"Hey Greg...if I went home and got my resume..." I started. Greg looked at me.

"Say no more Airin! If you want a job here, you've pretty much got it. Just get a resume into me." Greg said.

"Awesome. I'll go get it now." I started to walk out the door, then remembered my veggie burger mission. "Oh, Greg, can I get a veggie burger too?" I asked. Greg nodded and wrote it down for me. I walked out of the restuarant into the near February air, and drove home. Quickly I got one of my resumes printed off my computer and drove back to the restaurant. I handed Greg the resume, and in return he handed me my burger. I thanked him and he said that he would call me whenever I could start. I said thank you and yelled to Jaws I would come pick her up later.

My drive home was a lot more pleasant than what my drives usually were. I was happy that things were starting to pick up in my life again. Now I just had to work on getting Marque to stop blaming himself for what had happened to me.