Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Work, Work, Play.

My week seemed to go by much faster than what I would like. It was Thursday night, and I had just started work at 4. There weren't many people, so I wasn't getting all stressed just then. Greg had mentioned something to me about a new guy starting. He couldn't remember his name when he told me. The new guy started at 5, and it was my job to train him.

I was in the back storage getting more creamers for the fridge, when I heard my name callled.
"Hey, Josline. The new guy is here." I picked up the box of creamers and held it under my arm and agasint my hip. I walked out to the front of the restaurant, and set the box down on a counter. I looked up past Greg.

"Matt? You're the newbie?" I said, walking up beside Greg.

"Yeah...yeah I am." Matt laughed. "I can't be a lawn maintenance specialist forever..."

"So you two already know eachother? That's great." Greg said. "Okay, Josline, it's your rightful duty to train young Matt here.Now, I want him to be ALIVE by the end of his shift." Greg laughed and walked back into the kitchen. I laughed and turned to Matt.

"Ah, okay. Well, I guess I should show you some stuff..." I said, looking around the restaurant. It wasn't a big place, but you did get confused if you didn't know you way around. I motioned for Matt to follow me. I pointed to the side of the counter where the register was. "Menues are always there." I said. Matt nodded and then followed me around the counter. I handed him a pad of paper and a pen. "There are always here. Except someone keeps stealing the pens." I said, frowning.

"It's probably you who steals them." Matt laughed. I stopped in my tracks.

"Yeah, it probably is..." I laughed also.

Training Matt proved a lot funnier than what I thought it would. I helped him wait a few tables before sending him out on his own. He messed up a few orders at one point, but I stepped in and helped. It was closing time, and Matt and I were cleaning up.

"Jaws, where does this go?" Matt asked, holding up a random, empty ketchup bottle.

"Give it to Greg, he'll deal with it." I said, cleaning off a table. Matt nodded and brought the ketchup bottle into the back. He appeared again, and I ambushed him with a question. "Hey Matt. On Saturday, would you want to come to my house for dinner?" Matt stopped and thought for a moment.

"Is your mom cooking?"He asked. I nodded. "YES! I'll be there! I love your mom's cooking." He smiled. Matt always showed up if there was free food involved. I smiled at Matts enthusiasm. Matt finished cleaning up, and grabbed his back pack from behind the counter. I saw a book poking out of a pocket. It was a book, and the cover looked very familiar.

"Matt...is that an Irby Brothers book in your back pack?" I said, trying to get a better look at it. Matt stopped and I saw his face go a slight shade of pink. "I didn't think you were the book-type." I teased. Matt turned around and looked rather embarassed.

"Josh was talking about them and he told me to read them. I read the back and though, 'oh great, something like Twilight'. But then I read the first page and I was like 'whoa! Zombies? Blowing shit up? I love it!'" I laughed at Matts embarrassment that he liked a book. "Travis Starr is a rad author."

"Yeah...that's my dad for you." Matt looked confused.

"You...your dad? No way." I took the book out from Matts pack and flipped to the 'author info' section. Under the picture, it read,

Travis Starr, real name Jonathan Jaulby...

Then it talked about where he was from and a bit about his family. "Why didn't I notice this before?" Matt looked now, some-what ashamed. Then he looked up, "I know an author slash actor and his family!" Greg then called from the back.

"I do too. No big D." Greg said, making Matt and I laugh. Matt left, because his mom was picking him up. Greg was starting to turn off the lights in the restuarant. I was doing some last minute clean-ups, when the bell jingled above the door. I didn't look up, thinking it might have been my mom or Airin to come and pick me up. I kept cleaning up the table when a pair of arms were snaked aroundme. I turned around in the arms and faced Josh.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, placing my arms around his neck. Josh planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"Well, I thought since that we don't have school tomorow, and that I caught Airin on his way out to come pick you up, so I thought I'd come get you instead." Josh said.

"Oh, well thanks." I said, I went and quickly got my things and said goodbye to Greg. I got into Josh's car, and he started to drive off. We talked about how school was going and how life in general was. I felt that whenever I was with Josh, life was good. I couldn't complain, because I couldn't find a thing to complain about.

Josh pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine. I was unbuckling myself. I caught Josh looking at me."What?" I laughed a little. Josh wiggled his eyes suggestively at me.

"No one's around, we can get away with it." Josh said playfully, leaning over in his seat, so he was slightly over me.

"Psht, no. My mom and dad would shoot you." I laughed. Just as I said the last few words, the front door of the house was opened, and then my dad appeared in the door way, his arms folded across his chest, his head tiltled slightly. "See." I said. Josh moved away, a little embarassed. I turned a little pink myself. I gave Josh one quick kiss before getting out of the car.

"I'll call you tomorow baby." Josh said. I smiled and said goodbye. I walked up to the front door and waved Josh goodbye. My dad waved aswell before going inside. He was only wearing a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt. I closed the door behind me ans shivered lightly.

"You've really fallen for him." Dad stated. I looked at him, very surprised that he was really acknowledging mine and Josh's relationship. I blushed a little.

"Yeah...I have."
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is in Marque's POV...and there will be INTENSE-ness...not saying what KIND of intenseness, but there WILL be intenseness.