Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Dinner, Lemon Juice and Women...Oh My!

"Josline, door!" mom called from the kitchen. I walked out of the living room, still in my pyjamas, which were superman boxer shorts and a lime green tank top. "Oh, you could wear something else." Mom sighed, and turned back to the dinner she was making. I laughed a little. I opened the door and to reveal Matt and Josh. They both looked rather cold.

"Nice P.J.'s." Matt snickered, walking past me.

"Nice face!" I retorted back. I heard my mom laugh.

"Thank you!" Matt chimed. I heard Matt say hi to my mom. Josh stepped into the house, taking off his jacket and boots. Josh looked at me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'd rather see them off." Josh whispered in my ear. I flushed a light pink.

"Not now Josh! Not with my mom around!" I giggled.

"No sexy time?" I shook my head. "Oh...oh well!" Josh laughed and let go of me and I quickly ran up to my room to my room to change into something else. I decided on plain, black jeans and a red t-shirt. As soon as I hit the last step on the staircase, the doorbell rang. I went to open the door, and the faces of the Baxters appeared infront of me.

"Hi guys!" I said, letting them inside. Chris nodded and walked by me, holding a caserole dish of some kind. "Airin is downstairs if you are interested Marque." Marque blushed a bright red and nodded. "Jazz, no helping with dinner!" I laughed. Jazz frowned at me.

Everyone was sitting around the table, waiting for dinner. The front door opened and you could hear my dad talking to himself. "Stupid snow, stupid scarf, stupid jacket..."

"Jon, company." Mom said. My dad stopped talking.

"Oh." Dad's face appeared around the corner. "Hey all." He said. There was a chorus of "hello's" from everyone. Dad sat down in a chair next to Airin.

"Jon, did you get the lemon juice?" Mom asked. Dad's face went from pleasant to grim. Dad got up from his chair and walked back towards the front door.

"Stupid snow, stupid scarf, stupid lemon juice." Everyone laughed at my dad's misfortune.

Dinner went by smoothly, after my dad had gotten the lemon juice. Chris and my dad were talking about random things, mostly Chris was saying things like 'you should come over and see my exercise stuff'. Jazz and Marque would roll their eyes at their father. My mom leaned over the table, her eyes peering at Chris. Chris stopped talking and looked at my mom, a little scared. "What?" He asked.

"Chris, you need friends." Jazz, Marque and I burst out laughing. Chris looked rather sad.

"First my kids, now Chloe!" Chris frowned.

"Dad, you do need friends..." Jazz said.

"I would hate to do this Chris, but I have a friend, and she..."

"She?" Chris spluttered.

"Yes. She. Samantha is very kind. She loves hockey, she's a culinary and fine arts student, oh! And she loves to ski." I saw Chris pay more attention when hockey was mentioned. "And yes, I understand your fear of women, but Sam is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met." Chris mumbled something into his dessert.

"Dad, you really could use it." Marque said. Chris mumbled again. "Dad...come on. She seem like she would be nice." Everything was silent while Chris pondered his thoughts.

"Fine." Chris finally said. My mom smiled at her so-far working match-making plan.

After dinner, people were scattered through out the house. Matt was talking to my dad about his books. Jazz was trying to help my mom with dishes, but she was refusing. Evetually she gave up and went to hang out with her dad. Airin and Marque were cuddled up with one another on the couch, Airin was playing with Marque's fingers, Marque's head resting on Airins shoulder. Josh and I were sitting at the dining room table. I looked at Marque and Airin for a little while before I finally said something to Josh.

"They seem to have made up alright." I said.

"Yeah?" Josh replied.

"Yeah, they seem...real happy with one another again." I said as Airin wrapped his arm around Marque's shoulders. I don't know what had happened to make them get along with one another so well again, but whatever it was, I was happy that it helped. I admired that they could get through something so horrible and then still be together in the end. I looked at Josh and smiled. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to Josh. I probably would have been seriously depressed. Josh was the best thing that ever happened in my life.

Josh smiled back at me and leaned over in his seat and kissed me lightly. " Love you Jaws."

"Love you too Josh."

"Love you more!" Josh smiled at me.

"I love you more too!" Josh looked at me for a few seconds and then laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 more chapters left
=| I'm not looking forward to ending this story, but it's been SO much fun writing it. I can't wait for you guys to read the sequel, because it's turning out to be really good so far!
AND Mrs_Jessica_Midnight and Acadia.Is.Gone, you get special cookes for always commenting.
Yay!
=)