Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

It's Nothing of Great Importance

The next few days had gone by pretty fast. It was Thursday, and we got out of school early, because they had to set up for "Parent-Teacher" night. Jazz came over to my house that day for a few hours before I had to work. Jazz and I sat in the basement, the sounds of Fall Out Boy's album "Foile a deux" coming out of the stereo, doing our homework.

"Man, this is such a great album." Jazz said as The Gold Shiped Standard came on. I nodded my head in agreement, aswell as in beat with the song.

"Oh, I know! I was at their concert April 10th. Fuck man, they give a good show!" I said, a bit enthusiasticly. Jazz looked at me strangely.

"I was at that concert!" She said, setting down her science book. "I went with Marque!" She said.

"No way! Where were you?"

"Row 18, seat 2 section 104. Where were you?" She asked, looking at me intently.

"I had floor seats. I was rocking out infront of the stage." I said.

"How was that? Pretty loud huh?" Jazz giggled her Jazzy B giggle.

"Oh yeah. REAL loud. I couldn't hear properly for DAYS!" I threw my arm up in exaggeration. "You see those drumsticks on my drum set?" I pointed to them, Jazz nodding. "One of from Rian Dawson, the other is from Andy" I smiled at her.

"Aww! Lucky!" She said. "Did you get water thrown at you by Trace?" She asked, putting her elbows on her knees.

"I did! He swore alot!" Jazz giggled, agreeing with me. "Okay, dumb question...did you have the meet and greet package?" She asked. I turned a slight shade of red.

One part about having an actor for a dad, I had more privillages than most kids my age. I got backstage access to concerts, I got to go to Europe, or Mexico, or Hawaii whenever my dad wanted a "family vacation". Sometimes I forgot how spoiled I really was. My dad always told me and Airin that if we wanted something, we had to earn it. My dad, even though he did spoil us, made us get jobs, and he made us save our money for things we wanted. Dad wanted us to EARN what we wanted, and not just get it handed to us on a silver platter. I liked working, though. I saved my money, and I bought my clothes, or guitar parts for my guitars, or new drum sticks, or guitar strings with my own money. I sometimes forgot that my dad was even famous until he left for a movie shoot.

"Yeah..." I said, embarassed. "But I bought those tickets myself!" I exclaimed. Jazz nodded.

"Wait...you were with Airin?" I nodded at her question, "Was he wearing your rainbow hoodie and a bright green hat?" I nodded again, "And were you the girl in knee high socks, red converse,an All Time Low shirt and in booty shorts?" I turned pink again.

"Yeah, that was me...and Airin." I said sheepishly.

"I kind of figured it was Airin, cause he had flamingo coloured hair, so I thought it was him. But I didn't know it was you. I thought it might of been his girlfriend." Jazz shrugged, "She had bright orange hair, so I didn't think it was you."

"Oh...right, I did have orange hair! I forgot about that!" I said, tugging at my light brown and black streaked hair. "I completely forgot I had orange hair." I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket when it started ringing. I motioned for Jazz to pause the CD for a minute. I looked at the screen, smiling. "Hey Josh. What's up?" I asked.

"Hey hon. Nothing, just calling to see what you were doing." He said pleasantly.

"Oh, I'm just doing homework with Jazz before I go to work." Jazz smiled at me, making little kissing sounds. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh, you work tonight? When?" He asked me.

"Umm...at 5:00, until 8:30. Why?" I said, leaning on the arm of my chair.

"Just wondering. Might drop by tonight." He said. I smiled at him, even though he couldn't see me.

"Sounds cool. I gotta finish my homework though. So..." I trailed off.

"Alright, I better do mine too. See ya later babe." He said. I felt all of my limbs go numb.

"See ya." I hung up the phone, placing it on the table. Jazz pressed the play button again and Fall Out Boy filled the room yet again.

"What did Josh want?" Jazz asked, looking at me with a glint of hope in her eyes.

"Oh, he just wanted to know what I was doing. And when I was working. He said he might drop by later." I turned pink.

"Aww. You know, I swear he likes you. And don't pull that 'I'm not his type crap' with me! You guys are totally good together. It's a gut feeling, but I think he likes you." I rolled my eyes at her again.

"Sure..." I trailed off into a story slash memory.

Josh and I sat outside on his porch, watching the stars outside, a strange site for Vancouver. Josh sat in a chair while I was on the porch swing.

"So, Josline...you got any man in your life?" Josh asked after a long silence between the two of us.

"Why, you interested?" I said playfully.

Josh laughed, "No, but I'm just wondering." He said. I heaved a great sigh.

"Well, there is this guy, John. He likes me, but he's...extremely flirtatious. There is this girl Elaine at my school. She looks like one of those super gorgeous models out of the magazines. He flirts with her alot."

"So, why don't you give him a chance?" Josh asked,leaning closer. I shrugged.

"There is some other guy I know...I haven't known him long, but I'm quite fond of him." I said, "But I'm just afraid of falling for someone. I was burned bad."

"So you're gonna let one little burn stop you? Why don't you go for it? Maybe he likes you too." Josh shrugged back at me.

"I highly doubt that sweetie." I smiled, "But thanks."


"Aww...Josh really said that to you?" Jazz asked smiling. I nodded, still a bit pink. "See! I think he likes you! Even back then I think he liked you!" Jazz nodded rapidly, as if she was trying to convince me that she was right, and I was just floating in my sea of wrong.

"Maybe...but seriously? He can have ANY girl he wants. Why would he want a little frump like me?" I said, and Jazz gave me stern look.

"You are NOT a frump. You are one of THE prettiest girls at school! Do you know how many guys have had crushes on you?" I shook my head. "A fair few." I shrugged, which made Jazz throw her arms up in frustration. "You are SO difficult!"

"You don't think I know this?" I laughed, which made Jazz laugh.