Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

Arrr, Matey.

I said good bye to Jazz at around 4:30. I ate a cucumber and green pepper sandwhich and a handfull of Ritz Bit Sanwhiches. You know, the crackers with cheese in the middle of them? They're good, aren't they? It's like Josh and Coke Zero. He drinks so much Coke Zero he crys fizzy, brown, delicious tears. I eat so many Ritz...well...let's not get into that.

I sat at the table, finishing off the last bit of my sandwhich when my dad walked in. "Hey Moo." He kissed the top of my head. Dad always called me Moo. No one else even knew I had that nickname. Most people called me Jaws, a nickname that my friend Mariah had given me when I first moved to town.

"Hi dad." I said, shoving the plate away from me. "What's up?" I asked, shifting in my seat, my feet hitting the floor, so my dad could sit down.

"Nothing. You gotta work in a few minutes?" I looked at the clock. 4: 49...4:50. I nodded at him. "You want me to drop you off? I have to go pick up some stuff from the store anyways." I smiled at the opportunity to spend time with my dad. He was usually in his office working. He was also a novelist. He penned 3 novels by the time I was 10. He'd been having trouble writing since then though. He got so busy with filming, he set the writing aside. When I was born up until I was about 9, my dad only filmed maybe about 3 movies a year. Now he's up to half a dozen a year. Any time I got to spend time with my dad was the best time in the world. I loved my dad so much, and I missed him a lot when he was gone. I loved my mom SO much, but I felt much closer to my dad. I liked it when the entire family could be together, including Evangeline, my half-sister. But she lived in England with her real father once he finally stepped up and agreed that he would like to care for her. She was older than me,19 to be exact, so she could live with Brad, her father, or our mom. The last time I saw Evangeline was when I was 10, before we moved to Canada. I talked to her all the time, and we'd have webchats over Skype, a webcam chat site.

"Yeah, sure dad! I'd like that. I'll get my bag and shoes and we can go." I got up, and my dad said he'd be waiting in the car. I quickly got my stuff and met my dad in the car. We drove off, keeping a nice pace.

"So...how is school going?" Dad asked me.

"Real well. I'm liking all my classes right now and..." I stopped when I was about to mention Josh.

"And what?" My dad looked at me quizically. "Does it have something to do with that boy," I quickly corrected him by saying 'Josh'., "Josh?" He smiled at me. I nodded a little bit. "He's a nice kid. I'd be happy if you two started dating." Dad turned a corner.

"I have a date with him tomorow." I said, blushing. Dad smiled at me.

"That's great! You know, I think you should know, I don't care much for the John boy you were 'supposedly' seeing." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't think me and him can be more than friends to be honest." I shrugged.

Dad pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. I got out and said goodbye to my dad. "Do you need a ride home?"

"I'll just call you if I do." I waved him goodbye and walked into the restaurant. There were minimal people, like always. It got busy around 5:30, and died around 8:00. I said hello to Greg, my boss, got my note pad and pen and started to work.

The time flew by, and by 8:00, I was tired.

"Hey, Jaws. Want me to make you a veggie burger?" Greg asked from the kitchen. I nodded, "No 'shrooms or tomo-tats, right?"

"You betcha buddy." I laughed. Me and Greg were like brother and sister. We had a lot of inside jokes and we always picked on one another. I sat on the counter where the till was and chatted a bit with Greg.

"So, how was your summer?" Greg asked.

"Oh, it was amaze balls." Greg laughed. I could swear now, there were no people in the restaurant. "My dad came home, I went camping, I slept...a lot. And I went to Vancouver and met the most AMAZING boy ever." Greg leaned over the counter in the kitchen.

"Ooh, is he cute?" He asked me.

"Oh, mega cute! Too young for you though." Greg pouted, then laughed.

"Oh well. I have Davin. And ooh girl, he is damn good in bed." He winked at me.

"Greg! Keep your gay-ness to a minimum! I'm getting a serious fruit fly vibe over here!" I laughed and he stuck his toungue out at me.

One of the many reasons I loved Greg was he was gay, and didn't care who knew! He was such a loving person, and believed that everyone deserved to be treated equally. Even though Greg and Davin wont get married, Davin, who is one of the sweetest boys I have ever met, said that they don't need rings and papers to prove they love one another.

"Hey, YOU keep YOUR gayness to yourself!" Greg retorted back.

"I'm not even gay you canteloupe!" I laughed,nearly falling off the counter. I heard the chime above the door jingle. I hoped off the counter, just as Greg called out.

"Josline, there be some customers that need refilling. Arr." He said in his wacky pirate voice. He loved the Pirates of The Carribean.

"Aye, I be on it matey." I took my note pad out of my pocket and walked over to the table, grabbing 3 menus. "Hi, and welcome. I'm Josline, and here are your menus." I set them out on the table. One of the people had his head turned, so I couldn't really tell who it was. I looked in the window, seeing a reflection. It deffinatly was Josh. He turned his head back around and smiled at me.

"Since when are you polite to people, you scallywag?" He chuckled. He obviously heard Greg and mine's conversation.

"Only when I'm on duty, good sir." I laughed.

"So, this is the Josline you were talking about?" The woman, Josh's mother said. "You're very cute." She told me. I turned pink and said thank you. "He's been speaking very highly of you." Josh's mom said.

"Oh, has he?" I questioned. This time, Josh's dad chimed in.

"He hasn't talked about anything else except for you for days!" He said, placing a hand on his forehead.

I laughed as Josh was being embarassed. "Anyways, what can I get you to drink?" I said, uncapping my pen. Josh's parents ordered coffee's.

"Do you have coke zero?" Josh said, rubbing his chin.

"Sorry dear, we have regular coke."

"That's not good enough! I demand coke zero!" He slammed his hands down on the table lightly. I looked at him with my tilted 'what-did-you-say-look'.

"You will drink what ever I give you mister." I chuckled.

"Yes dear." He muttered quietly. I giggled.

"I'll see if we have any." I walked off into the back and poured the coffee, taking the sugar packets and creamers out of the fridge. I looked around for a coke zero, finally having to give up the one I had in my bag. It hadn't been opened, so it was okay. I went back to where the coffee was and got a tray, placing everything on it. Greg leaned over the counter.

"Is that Josh?" He motioned to Josh. I nodded, "Damn girl, you were right. He is mega cute!" Greg squealed quietly. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him, taking their drinks to them. I set everything on the table,placing the tray under my arm.

"Do you know what you guys want to eat?" I said, pressing the pen to my notepad.

"Yes, I'd like the fish and chips please." Josh's mom, who I later found out was Carolynne, said.

"BLT burger for me please." Josh's dad, Miles, said.

Josh scanned the menu for a little bit, before saying, "Chicken fingers." I laughed at him, saying that was on the kiddie menu, but I could work it out. I gave Greg their order, who in return, gave me my burger. I sat back on the counter, facing the Ramsay family, setting my plate on my lap. I began to eat, and I honestly felt some-what of a pig. I don't know why, but I did.

When their order arrived, I gave their food to them and went back to my nearly devoured burger. Josh motioned for me to come over, and pulled up another chair for me. I sat down with them and Greg started shutting off all the ovens. It was about 8:20, and I got off in 10 minutes.

We all laughed and enjoyed ourselves as they ate. I cleared up their plates and gave them to Greg, who was washing some dishes. I took out my phone and saw I had a missed call from my dad. I put my note pad away and rung up their cost for dinner.

"You're off now, right Jaws?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, I was going to call my dad to come get me." I said, pulling my phone out.

Carolynne stopped me, "Oh, we'll give you a ride home dear." She smiled at me.

"Oh, no that's fine. I haven't seen my dad in a while. I want to spend as much time with him as I can." I said. Carolynne smiled understandingly.

"Alright. Well, it was nice meeting you." She shook my hand, and Miles did aswell. They walked out the door, leaving Josh and me. I walked around the counter and hugged him. He returned it. We were there for a few minutes, before my phone rung. I jumped, making Josh let go of me. It was my dad. I answered it.

"Yeah dad, what is it?" I asked.

"I'm watching you." He laughed. I looked behind Josh, seeing my dad's car.

"Dad, you're a goof!" I said, hanging up the phone. I looked at Josh and smiled. "See you tomorow." I said. Josh hesitated for a moment before saying goodbye. He left in a bit of a hurry. I was a little shocked by his reaction. "I'm off Greg." I said. Greg called a goodbye and I left, jogging over to my dads car.

"Hey sweetie." He greeted, turning the car on again. We drove off, the drive a little bit quiet, since I was real tired."How was work?"

"Good...Josh and his parents came in." I said. Dad nodded, keeping his eyes on the road.

When we got home, I had a shower, read for an hour and then went to bed. I had no idea what tomorow would be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOKIE! NO MEMORY! :D
You probably wont get another chapter for a little while, because my chemistry homework is proving difficult >.<