Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

The Lettuce War

I had one of the worst days at school. It was so bad I don't even feel like talking about it. But I will anyways.

It started in Science class when a beaker me and Jazz were working with exploded and a shard, a rather large fucker, got caught in my arm. I had to get it pulled out by the shop teacher who had the first aid degree. Then I got sent to the doctor to get stitches (Josh accompanied me, because he was in shop class at the time). Then when I got back to school, I tripped up the stairs, scraping and bruising both knees. And to make it all worse, I was partnered with John in Social Studies for a project. He kept asking me about Josh and I told him to shut up and work repeatedly.

I got out of school and rushed home to get ready for my date with Josh. I showered, blow dried my hair, put it up in a funky up do, took it out of the funk up do, put it half up, took the half down. Then, I took some mouse and ruffled my hair, making it look piece-y and Hayley Williams-ish from the Misery Business video.

I looked at all my clothes, throwing them all over my floor. I flopped down on my bed after 15 minutes of throwing all my clothes around.
There was a light knock at my door. "Yeah?" The door opened, revealing my mom. She frowned at me.

"Josline. What are you doing?" She sat down next to me on my bed.

"I don't know what to wear on my date with Josh." I huffed. Mom laughed slightly.

"Oh, dear. Well, I don't think you're going to find anything in here. Looks like a hurricane hit your room." I sat up and looked at my floor. You couldn't even see an inch of it. And I had a fairly large room. That is just HOW many clothes I had. I did had a walk in closet after all...

"Well, I've never been on a date before!" I said, "I have no clue what to wear."

"You have ALL these clothes and you dont know what to wear?" My mom shook her head. She looked at my floor, picking up pieces of clothes. "These jeans, this shirt, this hoodie. Go." Mom walked out of my room and closed my door. I looked at the clothes she layed on my bed. I stared at the hoodie for a long time before throwing it back on the floor. I decided on a black vest that was hanging up on the back of my door.

After struggling trying to get my electric blue skinny jeans up over my ass, attempting to close a vital button on my white dress shirt, and throwing on my vest, I looked at myself in the floor length mirror at myself.

"Yeah. Totally rockstar dateable." I laughed at my own joke, looking around for the shoes I wanted to wear. I frowned, deciding that I should pick up my hurricane of a room before Josh showed up.

After I picked up my clothes, I went into a cleaning frenzy. I cleaned up random things I would never clean...like my bed. I would usually leave my blankets in one big ball on my bed. I organized my movies in order they were made, in alphabetical order, and of course, the movies my dad were in came first. I had 123 movies on my shelf at the time. Do you know how fun it is to organize 123 movies? You try it some time. You'll throw a couple of them on the floor.

There was another light knock at my door. My dad opened it, smiling at me. "Jaws...Why is your room clean?" He stepped in, looking around in disbelief. I looked back at him, my eyes filled with exhaustion.

"I don't know! You've been asking me to clean my room for DAYS!" I fell backwards on my bed. My dad chuckled.

"Well, Josh is here if you're interested." He left the room, leaving the door open. I looked at my clock. 5:57. I laughed, finding it funny that Josh was on time. I got off my bed and walked down the stairs, missing the last two. I walked around to the front door where Airin was talking to Josh. My mom took my wrist gently.

"Kay, Josline..." She looked at me sternly. "I want you to have fun, but remember, be back by 11. And call if you're going to be late!" She let go of my wrist and pushed me towards Josh. My mom nodded at Josh. "Be careful too."

"We will mom. Don't worry." I said, slipping on my shoes.

"Do you have your phone?"

"Yes."

"Money?"

"Yes."

"What about..." I cut my mom off.

"I got everything mom! Calm down. I'll only be gone for a few hours." I laughed and hugged my brother good bye. "Have fun at Marques tonight." I winked at him.

"I'm not gonna have any fun with Jazz constantly watching us!" He made a sour face and laughed. I joined in the laugh and walked out the door with Josh. We got to his car, opening my door first.

"How gentlemanly. Why the change?" I got in the car as he walked over to his side. He got in and started up the car.

"I'm trying to make a good impression. Hence why I showed up early." He said as he backed out of my car port. We drove down the road into town in silence. It was kind of uncomfortable, because Josh was usually really talkative, especially around me.

"Hence? Wow. You've even improved your vocabulary." I giggled as Josh continued to drive. "So, where do you plan on taking me." Josh turned the corner to go into the next city, getting out onto the highway.

"Well miss, I thought we'd start the eve by seeing a moving picture show, followed by a bite to eat at the diner down the road from the picture show house." Josh looked at me smiling a cheeky smile.

"Sounds like a splendid idea Joshua." I smiled back at him.

" 'kay, no. Joshua equals no-no. Josh is yes-yes." The way Josh had said that made me laugh uncontrolably for a minute. He looked like one of those kids who had just been called the wrong time the whole year at school, horror-struck that no one had learned his name by now.

"Sorry, Josh." I rolled my eyes and we shared another laugh.

We finally reached the theatre and Josh bought our tickets, he wouldn't even let me hear what we were going to watch.
We lined up to get our popcorn and drinks, Josh complaining that there was no Coke Zero. I told him to suck it up and put his big girl panties on.

When we got into the hall way where the separate theatres were, I saw the marquees over the doors. We passed 1, 2, 3, and 4. Leaving 5 left.

"Josh, you did NOT but tickets to that horror movie did you?"I clung onto his arm. I didn't like scary movies. I watched my dads first ever movie, Mary Park, and it was SUPER scary. Of course I watched it when I was 7, so of course it would be scary.

"No, why would I do that?" He winked at me, pushing the door open.

The movie was scary right off the bat...even though it was the commercials that scared me first because I didn't expect them to come on so soon. Then the actual movie had someone being stabbed right away. Deffinatly not my favourite thing. I could watch CSI and shows like that, but I could never watch scary movies.

Half way through was when everything started to get real bloody. I had curled right up in my chair, becoming a little ball. I guess Josh has felt my discomfort and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I felt comforted immediatly. I looked up at Josh and smiled, in turn, he returned it. We finished watching to movie, I hid my face numerous times before it was over.

We walked out of the theatre, our arms linked with one anothers. We didn't get back in Josh's car, but we walked to the Subway just down the road. We didn't want a big fancy sit down meal...even though Boston Pizza is really good right after a mouth.

"You know, I'm not gonna be able to sleep for days." I said, letting my arm slip from his. Josh looked at me with a slight smirk on his face.

"If monsters come and try to kill you, I will come a destroy them with my epic ninja skills." Josh looked extremely proud as we entered the 7-11 parking lot (we still had to go across the street to get to Subway).

"Oh, your epic ninja skills? I highly doubt that." I smiled at him. We got to the edge of the sidewalk and ran across the road to get to the subway.

Getting our food, we sat down at a little table, with the extremely uncomfortable chairs. I had brought my legs up and crossed them. I picked at the green peppers in my sub before actually taking a bite.

I had a veggie sub. I wasn't really a vegetarian, well, I was trying. Airin was a veg, so I ate alot of the soy products at dinner. They were good, but I did like my meat every once in a while.

We ate in silence for a little while, before Josh spoke up. "How's your arm?" He asked, motioning to the bandage wrapped around my arm. I looked down at my arm slightly.

"Painful." I frowned.

"It still hurts?"

"I had to get stitched you dummy. Of course it would!" I laughed as Josh had a mock-hurt face on. I heard him mutter a slight "bitch" under his breath. "I heard that."

"No you didn't." Josh now looked innocent.

"Sure." I looked at a fallen piece of lettuce on the table. I picked it up and flung it across the table right at Josh. It hit him in the nose and he jumped back slightly.

"What was that for?" He questioned. Before I could answer, the lettuce was flung back at me. It got stuck in my hair. I pulled it out, wacing it at Josh menacingly.

"You got lettuce in my hair!" I tried to say with a straight face. It didn't last long, for soon I was cracking up. Josh joined in and for the first time in a long time, I was laughing a genuine laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are apreciated =)