Status: EL FINITO!

I Can't Be Without You

It Was Out Of No Where

As soon as we walked out of the subway, the rain just started to pour down. Josh and I looked at one another, and in complete syncronization, we started running back to Josh's car. Josh was a little faster, so he pulled on my hand as we ran. As we ran through the puddles, my shoes, socks, and most of my pants got soaked. My hair and all it's wonderous volume had flattened into a straight mess, and my nice, WHITE shirt was see through (luckily I had a vest over top of it, so Josh couldn't see my bra).

Josh was just about as soaked as I was. He nearly fell a couple of times. Josh fought with his keys on the passenger side of the door.

"Come on! Hurry up!" I jumped up and down, trying to keep warm. Josh swung open my door, and slid across the hood of his car, which failed miserably, because he slid of the front instead of the other side, and opened his door. I jumped in the car, knowing that the seat would be soaked as soon as I sat down. Both our doors shut at the same time and we sat in the car, heavy breathing from the exhaustion of running. I looked at Josh who was already looking at me. We both smiled.

Laughter engulfed the car, and that was all that happened for 3 minutes. It felt amazing to be sitting in a car with someone who I didn't even need to say anything to, to start laughing. I don't think either of us knew what we were laughing about. All I knew was, I was in a car, laughing my ass off, with someone I truely cared for. It was just natural to be with Josh.

It's what happened next I didn't expect.

Josh was closer to me than what I expected. He was leaning towards me, and I could feel my heavy breathing keeping at a steady pace. My heart started to flutter as he got even more close. My breathing slowed, but still was not at a normal pace.

"Jaws..." Josh muttered under his breath. It's then and there, right in his car, he kissed me.

Of course, my first initial reaction was 'what?', but as soon as the shock wore off, Josh had already pulled away from me. I could feel that my face was red, and I was not one to get embarassed easily. I was always super confident around guys. What was so different around Josh?

"I'm sorry. That was out of line." Josh said, starting to back away.

"No, no. It wasn't...I liked it." My cheeks burned as Josh smiled a cheeky grin at me. The silence was creepy after that. The car had just been filled with laughter, now, silence.

"We should probably get back before we soak the car seats." Josh said.

"Eh, I bet they're already soaked. I mean, we DID run through 5 puddles." I smiled. Josh nodded, chuckling slightly.

We pulled out of the parking lot and headed out onto the highway. "You know, John would HIGHLY dissaprove of this." Josh smiled.

"Fuck John." I said.

"Ooh, you would?" Josh laughed.

"No you dummy. I don't care about John. Seriously, I never cared about him much anyways. He was a dick." I said, shrugging.

"And I'm not?"

"You have your dick moments." We both laughed. The silence over came the car once again, music soflty coming out of the speakers. 'Jet Airliner' by the Steve Miller Band came on, and Josh turned on the radio. We both sang along to it, then the chorus came up, and it was if our minds were locked with one another.

"Bingo jet had a light on!" We stopped singing and looked at eachother. "You know about that?" We said together, "No way!"

"Man, that's so cool." Josh said. "Josline, would it be weird to say that we're made for eachother?"

Josh dropped me off at my house. My mom asked me how everything went. I told her about the movie and subway.
As soon as I got in my room, my cell phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered casually.

"Hi Jaws! How was your date?" Jazz chirped happily into the phone. I looked at my door, walking over to it and closing it.

"You know...I had a lot more fun than what I thought I would." I said. Jazz was quiet. She obviously wanted details. "Well, we went to see that scary movie. Josh put his arm around me when I got scared." Jazz made a little 'aww' noise. "And then we went to subway...then it started to rain." I pulled at my soaked clothes. I told her to hang on one second while I changed into my PJ's and threw my wet clothes over my clothing rack by the heater. I picked up my phone again, and I could hear Jazz tapping on something on her end. "And he kissed me." Jazz was silent for a few seconds. She then let out a huge squeal.

"Oh, my, GOD! Really?" I had to hold the phone away from ear, because I didnt want to risk getting my ear drum blown out.

"Yes!" I yelled back at the phone.

"OH MY GOD!" it was a very bad idea to put the phone back up to my ear when she screamed that.

"You killed my ear!" I yelled back at her.

"Oh...sorry. Oh, my God." She whisper screamed at me. I laughed. "Well...how was it?"

"It was...kind of sweet. I mean, we just ran all the way from Subway to the theatre and then we start laughing about NOTHING. It was one of these 'out of nowhere' kind of things." I said, sitting on my bed, playing with my wet hair.

"Aww...That's so cute!" Jazz gushed. I kind of smiled. "Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" She asked, with a little TOO much enthusiasm

"No..."

"WHAT?! Ooh, I'm going to have to talk to that boy!" Jazz said. We both laughed.

Jazz finally got off the phone with me and I went to have yet ANOTHER shower. When I walked into the bathroom, I noticed my hair had gone flat and my makeup was spotty. I laughed lightly and peeled off my pajamas, getting into the shower.