Status: Completed

Emotionless Story

emotionless

"Howard! Don’t leave. Think about the kids!" I heard mommy yell at daddy.

"I'm sorry Lizzy. Good bye." He said.

No daddy is leaving! "Daddy don't go! I'll clean up my toys more! I'll be nicer to Jack, Ian, and Jade! You can't leave. Who is gonna take me to father son camp? Who is gonna teach me baseball? Who is gonna give me the talk that Ian said only dads can give? Don’t go!" I said. Tears streaming down my face not that I knew if he was coming back this time.

"Howard. Please, we need you." Mommy said as she started to cry.

"Mommy don't cry. DADDY! DON’T MAKE MOMMY CRY! I HATE YOU!" I yelled no one should make mommy cry.

"Good bye. I'm not sorry this time. You said it yourself Lizzy, I'm a terrible father and husband."

"HOWARD PLEASE!" mommy said. "Aiden, honey, please go to your room."

"ELIZABETH DON’T YOU THROW THAT AT ME." Daddy yelled through the door. The fights were getting worse and worse. I didn’t mean to make daddy leave, not again. He said that was the last time he is coming back. I heard another crash and in an instant Jack, Ian, and Jade were all in my room. Jack was carrying baby jade. Ian came in and told me it was alright. Jack and Ian were both older then me. You see, I was 7, Ian was 12, Jack was 14, and Jade was 2 at the time. I heard the front door slam and Jack set sleeping Jade down, and ran out to see if mommy was alright.

"IAN!" Jack yelled as he picked up the phone to call grandma. She always knew what to do about daddy being mean. I looked out of the door and I saw mommy lying on the floor. Her face was wet with tears and around her eye was purple. She was lying in broken glass and a lot of it was in her leg.

"Mommy? MOMMY? JACK, IAN! She's not awake! What did daddy do?!" I asked. She wouldn’t wake up. I started crying.

"Mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy." I blubbered holding her hand all the while uncontrollable sobs escaping my lips and shaking my whole body.

"911? This is Jack, yes, that one, she's unconscious. Mmhm laying in broken glass. Bruised around the face. Probably hit. 2343 Westfield drive. Yep I'll see you soon, patrick. Bye." Jack said to the hospital guy into the phone. They probably know all of us by now. This isn't the first time this has happened.

"John and Dan are here, jack!" I yelled as I saw the familiar flashing red and blue lights.
That was fifteen years ago and I still haven't seen him or heard from him. How does he sleep at night. He's probably off with some slut, not even thinking of us. Hm, I wonder if it ever crossed his mind that I would be famous someday. I wonder if it ever crossed his mind that Jack would become a powerful lawyer, specializing in domestic violence. Or that Ian would win several golden globes for his acting performances. Or that Jade would become a very famous supermodel, modeling for only the best designers. Or that mom would become a world known author for her book titled, You don’t have to live with an abusive husband/boyfriend. Not that he would care, of course. I was having coffee with Ian and Jack, Jade was doing a photo shoot, thinking once again about dad and that night that he left. He broke all of us all of our hearts. I have finally learned to be emotionless though. Jade was only two and it broke her heart because dad was supposed to come to her dance recital. He used to be my hero, the one person I looked up to. Nice example, dad.

"Hey guys, remember the night that dad left?" I asked

"Yeah, what about it?" Jack said.

"Tell me more about it. And all that was running through your head and all of that stuff." I said

"Why? I bet he doesn’t even know we're alive." Ian muttered.

"Of course he does. We're famous." I said, gesturing to the paparazzi standing outside the window.

"Well after dad finally got home from 'work' mom asked him where he was, he obviously said work. But knowing the man slut he is, he was at his boss's house. She noticed that he was, well you know what you look like after… yeah. But back to the story, he denied it. There was a bunch of yelling and then what you heard. Mom said, Howard don’t go think about the kids. And yeah, then you walked in, the look on dads face was amused that you were trying to bargain and sticking up for mom. Mom asked you to leave, then it got bad so we brought jade into your room and we held you guys for a while, then the front door slammed. And I called 911… again." Jack said, a pained look on his face.

"It kills me that he would hurt mom. And you if you wouldn’t have left." Ian said.

"Got it down, thanks." I said as I finished writing Jack and Ian's side of the story. I had already got Jade's and I can't ask that from mom, it would kill her.

"What for?" Ian asked.

"Come to our concert when we play for Boston. Here are the tickets." I said handing the tickets to them. "Everything is arranged. I'm gonna give these to Mom and Jade."

"Okay, I'll write that down." Jack said pulling out his blackberry. Ian followed suit.

"That's not writing it down." I said. " I have to go. I'll see you guys soon."

"Bye! Be safe." Jack said

"Bye little bro." Ian said.

"USE PROTECTION!" Jack yelled right as I was about to open the door. I flicked him off. Yeah, I know, I'm nice.

After I gave mom and Jade their tickets, I went to my writing spot. Only I knew about this secret garden. And I wrote it down.
I showed Zack, and he wrote down the music so Jay and Leon could play it. Zack was the only other one who knew the lyrics. To everyone else, it was a surprise.
>>>>>>>>>FF to the concert.

"Hey Boston!" I yelled, "Are you ready for Full Moon? LET ME HEAR YOU HOWL!" My request was granted as everyone was screaming or howling.
After playing: More then a game, Howl, Slip up, and Misty, I decided to premier my new song.

"You ready for a special treat?" I yelled, I wonder how many minds thought pervertedly.

"HELL YEAH!" was the response.

"Well we're gonna slow it down a bit. This is emotionless." I gave no time for protest, as I started to sing.

Hey dad
I'm writing to you
not to tell you, that I still hate you
just to ask you
how you feel
and how we fell apart
how this fell apart

Are you happy out there in this great wide world?
Do you think about your sons?
Do you miss your little girl?
When you lay your head down
How do you sleep at night?
Do you even wonder if we're all right?

But we're all right
we're all right

it's been a long hard road without you by my side
why weren't you there all the nights that we cried
you broke my mother's heart
you broke your children for life
it's not ok,
but we're all right
I remember the days, you were a hero in my eyes
but those are just a long lost memory of mine
I spent so many years learning how to survive
Now, I'm writing just to let you know I'm still alive

the days I spent so cold, so hungry
were full of hate
I was so angry
the scars run deep inside this tattooed body
there's things I'll take, to my grave
but I'm okay
I'm okay

it's been a long hard road without you by my side
why weren't you there all the nights that we cried
you broke my mother's heart
you broke your children for life
it's not ok,
but we're all right
I remember the days, you were a hero in my eyes
but those are just a long lost memory of mine
Now, I'm writing just to let you know I'm still alive
yeah, I'm still alive

sometimes
I forgive
yeah and this time
I'll admit
that I miss you, said I miss you

it's been a long hard road without you by my side
why weren't you there all the nights that we cried
you broke my mother's heart
you broke your children for life
it's not ok,
but we're all right
I remember the days, you were a hero in my eyes
but those are just a long lost memory of mine
Now, I'm writing just to let you know I'm still alive

and sometimes
I forgive
and this time
I'll admit
that I miss you, I miss you
hey dad

Bye the end of the song, almost everyone in the room was in tears including me. I looked over to where my brothers were seated with their wives, my mom who was holding on to Jade for support. They were in tears. Even my band mates were tearing up. Then the cheers started. We had 5 encores for that song.

"Based on a true story." I said into the microphone. After that we went off stage and in the dressing room I was congratulated by everyone. My band mates and me went through the similar situations. All of our parents were divorced. Whether it was about mom or dad.

"Group hug!" Zack announced when he noticed that we were all crying. 15 years of not having a dad and it felt great to sing that song. We were in the middle of a group hug when my family walked in.

"Oh, Aiden!" my mom said running to hug me makeup smeared and tears streaking down her face. "It was beautiful!"

"I'm speechless. That was the BEST song you have ever written." My seventeen-year-old sister stated, stunned. She also was crying along with my mother. Jack, Marie (His wife), Ian, and grace also came over. We had all had been crying, remembering that night. The night that changed my life. The next day, we went in and recorded the song. It became number one within a week of releasing the album. Within a month I received a letter. It read:

Aiden,
I enjoyed your song. I'm sorry I haven't been there. I am currently residing with my fiancée. I would like you and your siblings to attend the wedding.
It would be great publicity for us. Enclosed is an address this is where the wedding will be held in six months. I hope to see you soon
-Howard
Hmm, sorry my ass. Let's see that address. NO! That’s where mom and dad got married. I wrote back:

Father,
I am sorry, but you are not going to be seeing my siblings or me soon. You hurt some of the most important people in my life. You don’t know how it is to go through not having a father. Being scarred for life, and I speak for all of us when I say this, I cant even describe how much pain you put me through. Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great. Listen to that song when you want to hear from me. Read mom's book, watch Ian's movies, come to one of Jake's client's trials. But don’t ever think for a minute that you can just come back in our lives. You messed up. Know that we're alive. How do you sleep at night. Answer some of the questions in the song.
-Aiden

Everyone that dad hurt saw this letter. Everyone agreed on what I said. I miss what kills me. I wonder if we meant anything to him. After all, as my friends in 3oh! 3 say, don't trust a ho, never trust a ho……