You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 14.

Chapter 14
[Gerard's POV]


I was standing down stairs, waiting for Lindsey to come down. First, my mom came down. I just stared at her.

"Just wait, Lindsey is fixing her make-up." She said.

I nodded. What I have to tell her tonight might break her heart.
I stared at the clock on the wall, we have about fifteen minutes to get there. I was just staring at the clock when I heard the sound of heels coming down the stairs.

[Normal POV]

Gerard just stared in amazement of how beautiful Lindsey looked. Lindsey smiled and went towards him.

"Holy shit. You look amazing." He whispered.

Lindsey smiled and kissed Gerard softly.

Gerard coughed and said, "We should get going."

Gerard took Lindsey's hand and they both walked to the car.

HALF AN HOUR LATER...

Gerard and Lindsey are sitting in the restaurant. Gerard sighed and reached over and grabbed her hands.

"Lindsey.. I have something to tell you." He said

He saw Lindsey swallow and her eyes get really wide.

"Wh-What is it?" She said.

Gerard looked at Lindsey, but she was looking away.

"Lindsey, look at me." Gerard said.

Lindsey wouldn't look at him. Gerard grabbed Lindsey's face, she looked at him and a tear slid down her cheek.

"Babe, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Gerard said.

Lindsey shook Gerard's hands off her face and she stood up and started to head for the bathroom. Gerard stood up and ran after her. He grabbed her hand and took her outside. He took her face in his hands and stared at her.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

Lindsey shook her head and let a couple more tears slide down her cheeks. Gerard wiped them off with his thumb and he kissed her softly.

"You have no reason to cry. I love you more then anything. If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, it's never going to happen." He said.

"Do you promise?" Lindsey asked.

"I promise I will never break your heart."

"Then what do you need to tell me?"

Gerard sighed, and prayed she wouldn't give the reaction he didn't want to see.

"Ray and I are going on a trip to New York for about three weeks." Gerard said.

"So, you are leaving me?"

"Only for three weeks. It's not going to be long."

"When are you leaving?"

"Two days."

Lindsey started crying, Gerard embraced her in a hug.

"Don't cry. Please." He whispered.

"I don't want you to go." She said.

"I have to. This place wants to look at my art work."

Lindsey sighed and removed herself from Gerard's arms. She wiped her eyes. She looked at Gerard and started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked, starting to laugh.

"I cry way to much." Lindsey said.

Gerard smiled and kissed her cheek.

"No you don't." Gerard said.

"Yeah, I do. What do you say we go back in the restaurant?" She asked.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Does my make-up look okay?"

"Why are you always full of questions?" Gerard laughed.

Lindsey smiled. Gerard took her hand and they both went into the restaurant.

AN HOUR LATER....
[Gerard's POV]


Lindsey and I are driving home. Lindsey didn't say much at dinner.

"Babe, are you okay? You didn't say much at dinner." I said.

Lindsey continued to stare out the window, she didn't say anything. I poked her, she jumped and looked at me.

"Sorry. Did you say something?" She asked.

"Yeah. Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm just thinking.." She sighed.

We pulled into the driveway, it was only about eight thirty.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She shrugged, and tucked a loose hair behind her ears. She was scared.

"You're scared. What's wrong?" I said, getting a little loud.

"It's nothing, Gerard..." She said.

"It IS something. You always tuck a loose hair behind your ears when you're scared." I said.

She didn't say anything, she just stared at the floor. I sighed and got out of the car, I went to the other side and opened the passenger door. Lindsey got out and gripped onto me. I felt horrible for making her cry, but maybe I could get a career for my art work. Once I got into the house, I realized how tired I was. I looked down at Lindsey, she looked about ready to pass out. Once we got into the bedroom, I laid face down on the bed. Lindsey got her pajama's and went into the bathroom to change. I turned over and stared up at the ceiling. I started thinking about the way Lindsey was acting tonight, I can tell its not about me going to New York... There's something else bothering her..

[Normal POV]

A few minutes later, Lindsey came out of the bathroom and laid next to Gerard. He could tell she was crying.

"Babe, there's something wrong.. What is it?" He said, rubbing her face.

"It's nothing, Gee. Don't worry about it."

He sighed and kissed her softly.

"I love you, Lindsey Marie Cooper." He said.

"And I love you, Gerard Arthur Way."

Pretty soon, they both drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
-------------

Alright..
It seems as though people are loosing interest in my story..
First I start with over 60 readers.. Now I only have 9..
Does my story suck that bad?
Should I stop writing?
Comments. Please? =(