You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 28.

Chapter 28
[Gerard's POV]


Lindsey and I both fell to the floor, I felt my shirt getting soaked with something warm. I looked down at Lindsey. She was shot.

"Babe, can you hear me?" I said, tears streaming down my face.

This can't be happening. A whole bunch of people we're screaming and I took out my phone and called the ambulance and police.

"Hello, 911, what is your emergency?"

"My fiancee has been shot and there was a gun battle." I said, frantic.

"Okay sir, where are you?"

I told them my destination and they said there would be police cars and an ambulance there in a few minutes. I hung my phone up and tried to get Lindsey to talk to me.

Her breathing was choppy. I cried, I was pretty sure the baby was dead, the person shot her in the stomach. However, the bullet didn't come out of her stomach. It must be inside her. I cringed at the thought.

"Lindsey.. Please, speak to me." I cried.

She didn't say anything. I let a few more tears stream down my face. I heard the sirens.

"Just hold on a little bit longer, Lindsey." I whispered.

The medics came in and tore her from my arms. I watched as they put her in a stretcher, and put her in the ambulance. A police woman came up to me.

"Good evening, sir. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?" She asked.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and nodded.

"What exactly were you doing before the shooting?"

"Lindsey and I were dancing."

"Her name is Lindsey?" She questioned.

I nodded, she wrote down some stuff on the notebook in front of her.

"How is she related to you?" The police officer questioned.

"She's my fiancee."

"Okay, could you please explain to me how you knew she got shot?"

"Well, we were dancing. We just got done eating dinner. It's our three year anniversary today. And I heard a gun shot, and Lindsey fell in my arms." I said, choking at the last word.

"Oh. Did you and Lindsey have any children?"

"Yes, we have a son. And she was expecting."

"Oh, so she was pregnant?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, we thought so."

I nodded and bit my lip. The officer asked me a few more questions. Pretty soon I was on the way to the hospital. I called Mikey and Lizi, they were on their way over with Gage, seeing as he wouldn't go to sleep. I rushed into the hospital and ran to the desk.

"Ms. Lindsey Cooper's room, please?"

"She's getting surgery, I'm sorry you can't see her, but if you wait here I'm sure you'll be able to see her soon."

I bit my lip and went to sit down in one of the uncomfortable chairs. I looked around the hospital. I was here so many times before. After a few more minutes, I heard someone call my name. I saw Mikey and Lizi coming down the hall. Mikey was carrying Gage.

He put him down and Gage started running towards me. I stood up from my chair and bent down. Gage ran into my arms, I picked him up and kissed his head. I started crying. No, not crying. Sobbing.

"I love you, Gage." I whispered.

I let go of Gage and sat him on the chair. He had no clue what was going on.

"What happened?" He asked.

I put my hands on my face and sighed. I pulled my hands away and stared at me. He was kicking his feet back and forth waiting for an answer.

"Mommy got hurt tonight."

"How?"

I couldn't explain to him she got shot, he wouldn't understand. I didn't know what to tell him, I'd have to tell him a lie.

"She hurt her foot."

Gage nodded. I looked up at Mikey and Lizi, they were staring down at me. I stood up and spoke in a whisper.

"I can't tell Gage she got shot, he wouldn't understand."

"Gerard, we are so sorry about what happened." Lizi said, pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks Lizi." I said, hugging her back.

I felt someone pull at my leg, I looked down. Gage was standing there.

"I sleepy." He said.

I sighed and went down to his level.

"We can't go home, but you can sleep on me, okay?"

He nodded, I picked him up and he snuggled in my shoulder. He slowly went to sleep. I sat down and held Gage in my arms. Mikey came over to me.

"Gee, me and Lizi are going to head back home, we are so tired."

"Okay, but would you mind staying at my place? Sandy need someone to watch her."

"Yeah, we were going to stay there anyway. Lizi's parents are home and they don't like me." He said.

I smiled and nodded. We said our goodbyes, and they left. I kept holding Gage, he was still fast asleep in my arms. I was tired, myself, but I couldn't go to sleep. Gage opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Are we home?"

"No, we are still at the hospital."

"Is mommy okay?"

"I don't know I haven't gotten to see her."

Gage just sat on my lap, I was rubbing his head. It felt like forever when the doctor finally came out. I sat Gage down and told him to stay there. I went over to the doctor.

"How is she?"

"We managed to get the bullet out, she lost the baby." He said.

He looked like he wanted to say something else.

"There's something else.." I said.

He nodded.

"What is it?"

"She might not make it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update. Writers block.

COMMENTS??

Also, while you're at it, read my new story You Are The One.