You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 04

Chapter 4.
[Gerard's POV]

I listen on the other line as I hear Lindsey's dad yelling at her.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" She yelled.

"HANG THAT FUCKING PHONE UP NOW!"

"HELP! HE-"

With that the phone cut off. I need to get over there. I put my phone into my pocket and ran out of the house. I saw her dad getting into the car, I hid behind a tree until he was out of site. I went over to her house and climbed up into her window. She was laying on the floor sobbing. I went over to her and put my arms around her.

"Gerard, it hurts." She cried.

"It's okay. I'm here, I'm here." I whispered into her ear.

She cried and I put my arms around her.

"Gerard. We can't stay here. What if my dad comes back. He said he didn't want me to see
you again." She said, a little to fast.

"It's okay. I won't let him hurt you. I'll help you pack your stuff." I said.

She smiled, I got up first and helped her up. She winced in pain.

"Where did he hurt you?"

She shook her head and started crying. I sighed and pulled her in my arms. I held her close
and rubbed her back.

"Me and you are gonna run away." I said.

"Wh-what?" She said.

"We are gonna run away together."

She smiled.

"After graduation, you and I. No one else. We will get an apartment or something. Away from
Jersey."

"I can't. My dad wouldn't let me."

"Stop thinking about him. Are you gonna stay here and get beat everday. Or, are you gonna come with me and not get hurt at all."

"I want to go with you, but I can't leave my dad." She said.

"Don't worry about him. Forget about that asshole. Just me and you."

She smiled and nodded.

"I would love that."

I smiled and kissed her cheek. She blushed.

"Lets get some of your stuff packed."

She nodded and got out a big duffel bag. We finished packing her stuff. We heard a car come into the drive way. She got scared and held onto me.

"Jump out of the window, I'll take care of him."

"Gerard, he can hurt you."

"Just go!"

She nodded and jumped out the back window. Her father came into the room.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?! AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY DAUGHTERS ROOM?!"
He yelled.

I grabbed the lamp off of her side table.

"This is for hurting Lindsey."

I whacked him hard in the face. He rocked a bit then fell to the floor. I quick grabbed her bag and threw it out the window. I jumped out and landed next to her. She was on the ground crying in pain.

"Babe, come on. Hes knocked out."

"It hurts Gerard. It hurts."

"When we get to my house, I'll take a look at it."

She got up, very slowly. She winced in pain. I put her bag over my shoulder and put my arm around her waist. She put her arm around my neck. We walked to my house. I opened the door for her. Mikey was coming down the stairs.

"Gerard. Lindsey. What happened?" Mikey asked.

"I'll tell you later." I whispered.

I helped Lindsey up the stairs. We got into my room and she fell on the bed.

"Do you want to sleep?"

"Yes." She said, weakly.

I kissed her forehead and she laid there. I put her bag at the end of my bed. I started to walk out.

"Gerard?"

I stopped and turned around.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"Will you lay with me?"

I smiled a bit and nodded. I laid next to her and put my arm around her. She buried her head into my chest, and I rubbed her head. Her breathing steadied and she became calm. She fell asleep. I smiled and kissed her head. Pretty soon, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

[Lindsey's POV]

I woke up, feeling a little pain. My dad slapped me across the face, then kicked me in the stomach and sides a few times. I looked up at Gerard, I must of fallen asleep in his arms. The room was dark, except for blue, red and white lights flickering. I removed myself from Gerard's arms and went over to the window. Cops and ambulances were at my house. I gasped and went over to Gerard.

"Gerard? Gerard? Did you kill my dad?" I asked, shaking him.

He jumped and looked at me.

"Wh-what?"

"Did you kill my dad?"

"No. Why? What the fuck?"

He got off the bed and went towards the window.

"I didn't kill him. He was breathing when he hit the floor."

"Gerard. We have to go look."

He took my hand and we ran to my house.

"Sir, what happened?" I asked a police officer.

"Who are you?"

"Lindsey Cooper. I live here."

"Oh. Miss. Cooper, you're father committed suicide."

________________________________________

I know you are reading this. comment. :D