You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 06

Chapter 6
[Normal POV]

AN HOUR BEFORE GRADUATION...


"Gerard! I can't find my dress!" Lindsey shouted.

"Look in the closet!" Gerard yelled back from the bathroom.

He heard a door open.

"FOUND IT!" She yelled.

He smiled and finished fixing his hair. Lindsey came into the bathroom and took her make-up out. Gerard stared at her.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said.

She smiled, "Thank you. You don't look half bad yourself."

He scoffed, "So, I'm not sexy?

"Oh, Gerard. You are more then sexy."

He smiled big then kissed her cheek. She finished doing her make-up.

"GERARD! LINDSEY! TIME TO GO!" Gerard's mom yelled.

"Okay." Gerard said.

Gerard held his arm out for Lindsey to link it. She placed her arm around his and they
walked down the stairs, meeting with a flash.

"Aw Mom! No pictures!" Gerard said.

"Oh hush. You only graduate once."

After five minutes of pictures, Gerard and Lindsey were on their way to graduating.

"You guys look lovely tonight." Gerard's mom said.

Gerard, Lindsey and Mikey were in the back seat. Gerard's dad was driving and Gerard's
mom was in the passenger seat.

"Thank you, Donna." Lindsey said.

"Aw, honey, It's no problem."

Lindsey smiled. Gerard's moms smiled and stared out her window. Gerard took a hold of Lindsey's hand, she looked at him and smiled. They pulled into the driveway of the school. Gerard got out and helped Lindsey out. Gerard's mom and dad came over and hugged and kissed them both. Gerard and Lindsey laced fingers and walked into the building. Some of Lindsey's friends came over.

"Oh my gosh! You look gorgeous baby!" One said.

"Thanks, you look beautiful too!" Lindsey said.

"I'll see you later." Gerard whispered in her ear.

"Okay. Bye."

He kissed her on the cheek and walked away.

"So.. You and Gerard, huh?" One of her friends asked.

She smiled and nodded.

"When?"

"A day ago, or so."

"You two haven't kissed yet?"

"No. Just the cheek."

"Well. Christ. Kiss the man."

"I can't. He might not be ready."

This conversation went on for about fifteen minutes. Little did Lindsey know, Gerard was having the same conversation with one of his friends.

[Gerard's POV]

"When are you gonna kiss her?" Ray asked.

"Tonight."

"Tonight?! When!?"

"After a song."

"What song?"

"I don't know.. I'll think of one."

I smiled at the thought of kissing Lindsey. I was gonna suprise her, I couldn't wait.

[Normal POV]
AT THE DANCE...


Gerard's hanging with his friends and Lindsey is sitting down on the chair with her friends. Everyone was having fun. Lindsey wasn't though. Gerard hadn't asked her to dance, yet.

"Is your boyfriend ever gonna ask you to dance?" One of her friends said.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"Some boyfriend he is." Her friend scoffed.

Just then, the song that was previously on ended.

"Okay, this one is just for the couples." The DJ said into the microphone.

Lindsey sighed and put her head down staring at her hands.

"Would a Lindsey Cooper like to dance?" She heard.

She looked up, and saw Gerard standing there waiting for her to take his hand. She smiled, nodded and took his hand. He led her onto the dance floor. He put his arms around her waist and she put her arms around his neck.

"You look so beautiful tonight, Lindsey." He said.

"Thank you." She said, then blushed.

They danced with each other just staring into each others eyes. The song finally ended, she felt Gerard's lips connect with hers. She gasped, but kissed back. He ran his tongue across her bottom lip, she opened her mouth. Their tongues massaged each others. They heard 'Aww's' and pulled away. Both Gerard and Lindsey's friends were crowded around them. Lindsey smiled and buried her head into Gerard's chest to hide her blushing.

"It's about time you two kissed." Ray said.

"We just started dating." Gerard said.

"Oh well. You two should of kissed even before you guys started dating."

Gerard and Lindsey said goodbye to Ray. They were outside at this point, waiting for Gerard's mom. Lindsey was cuddled into Gerard's chest.

"Ya know.. I've been thinking about that kiss.." Gerard said.

"What?"

Gerard put his hand under Lindsey's chin and lifted her face up. Both of their lips met again. Lindsey gasped and kissed back. Gerard pulled away first.

"Run away with me?" Lindsey asked.

"Anytime you want."

(A/N: I had to do it! xD)

--------------------------------------
Good? Bad? COMMENT!
If I get enough comments, I'll post another update!