Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

What Time Is It? Oh Right, Killing Time.

Frank.

It's been weeks, WEEKS and still, she refuses to look at me! What did I do to make her act like I don't exist? I was there for her when she needed someone to save her from being homeless! I was there for her when she was still shaky with living with mom and me. I was there! And what do I get in return? She fucking leaves and lives with the man whore over there.

Taking the glass bottles of ink out of its wrapping, I started throwing them in the drawers. Some might break. Some would care. I am not a part of "some."

Man whore walked by the storage room before rounding back and seeing me almost destroy the bottles.

"Careful with those! They're expensive!" he ordered.

I looked over my shoulder, giving him a look of disgust. "Fuck off."

"What is your problem Frank?"

I stood up, stomping my way over to him. "You're my fucking problem! You took her away from me!"

"Look you stupid idiot, I didn't do a single damn thing. She won't tell me why she ran away but it has something to do with you! That's all I know! Every time I have the decency to mention your name nicely in the conversation, she goes back to being blank and she starts shaking! I don't know what the fuck you did but I swear I'll break your face if you scare her ever again!"

"You manipulated her! I know you did! The Jes I know would never avoid me! She would be talking to me right now! She would be giving me her warm hugs everyday! She'd bake cookies for the three of us and then claim that she owed us so much more than baked goods!"

I was breathing heavily. God he made me so damn angry. He took her away from me. I want my Jes back.

Darren walked away from me. He knew I was right. I cracked my knuckles, going back to putting the bottles of ink into their drawers.

When I finally got a break and I didn't have to see his ugly face around, I took a breather. It was nearing closing time. I sighed, feeling so tired all of a sudden.

Why did he brainwash her? Jes never even looks at me anymore. I even noticed her and Darren getting closer to each other. She was a playful little kitten. And he, well he's just a dirt ugly beast.

I sighed, hearing the heavy thumping of my heart against my chest. If I even thought of that asshole, my hands felt tingly and I had an urge to punch something. Where's my girlfriend when I need her? She promised that she would stop by today.

Oh right she gave me a letter to read. I took it out and unfolded the contents. Most of the paper was blank except for the middle. In big letters, she wrote in her messy handwriting, 'I'm done with you. Have a good life.'

Oh my god. She broke up with me! In a letter! What the hell?! Why couldn't she do this in person? I feel so stupid and embarrassed! How pathetic is it to break up with someone from a letter? Not even a letter! I-I don't know what to call this but it isn't a letter!

My anger was getting the best of me. That became sadness right away. I cried, I literally cried right then and there. I could care less if anyone called me a chick. Nothing's going right in my life. Jes won't talk to me. I just lost one of my best friends! And Casey broke up with me. How much worse can this all be?

A small hand touched the back of mine. I looked up to see Jes pouting her lips. This is the first time she's even acknowledged me since she ran away. I couldn't deal with it. More tears ushered from my eyes.

She sat down next to me, rubbing my back gently. "I'm sorry Frank. You don't need all of this crazy in your life," Jes whispered.

I turned my neck to look at her. "I miss you," I whispered into her hair.

She looked down at her feet; I watched her the entire time. Her eyes slowly looked back at mine. Her eyes, they're so pretty. She stopped wearing the blue contacts I bought for her. I guess she got clear ones because her eyes, they're so gray. It wasn't a noticeable gray color, but a very dark hue. Still, her eyes were gorgeous.

It was in that moment when I realized she wasn't scared anymore. "Frank I-"

"Jes?" She turned away from my gaze and ran out of the shop, leaving me speechless. I leaned forward, looking out the store window. She was talking to man whore.

I grumbled, sighing. I should have gone to grab my things before Damien locked everything up but I kept staring at Jes and Darren. They were leaning against his car, nowhere near ready to go back to his apartment.

I shuddered. He had better not try anything there. He had better not even look at her the wrong way. If he does and I find out, and I definitely will, I will permanently damage that stupid smile of his that a lot of girls like.

Anyways, back to the scene. Darren's arm was around Jes' small body. Has she lost weight since she's been away from us? I hope not. She's too skinny as it is.

I almost snapped when Jes willingly snaked her right arm around Darren's waist and her left hand was on his chest. After a few more minutes, their conversation ended and he opened the door for her so she could sit on the passenger side. He went to his side, left the car on for a minute, and then drove off.

Maybe it's just me but she looked a little TOO happy there. Oh god, I hope she isn't doing anything him. I hope she's still my innocent girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE angry Frank. He's fun.