Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

A Mix Of Hate And Sadness Equals Exile

Oh god, why did I let him do that? I'm letting him think that I want a hook up or a relationship out of this. Why did I do that?

Oh, I know. It's because I'm Jes and I'm nothing but a screw up. I just destroy people's lives and then cause more distress when I run away.

I figured that since I just messed up Darren's life, he might as well get the answers to the questions he's been asking me for three months.

I let him know why I ran away the first time. I let him know why I ran away the second time. I let him know that Frank's anger reminded me of my dad's viciousness. I let him kiss me.

I even let Darren get closer to me. You may think I let it slip out by accident about my life, but I didn't. I did it on purpose. I wanted to feel loved again, comforted. Since Frank seems to hate me, Darren was the only person left I could lean on.

I sighed, I never make the right decisions do I? I believed my thought more and more as I played what happened previously in my mind.

"Tell me why you ran away, please?"

"Darren, I can't!"

"Why not?"

I grumbled; he wouldn't stop asking the damn question. I punched his arm and screamed. "FINE! I'll tell you! I ran away the first time because my father almost choked me to death! I ran away the second time because I was nothing but a problem! My real family is depressed because of me. Frank is unhappy. They don't want me. I was only a burden even though I helped with the bills and food. I'm a burden to you too."

By now, the tears flowed down my cheeks relentlessly. I would have tried to stop myself from crying but I realized I don't care anymore. If crying is the only way to make me try to forget everything, then so be it.

Darren raised his eyebrow at me. "What are you talking about? They love you!"

"Yeah they love me when all I do is make them angry!"

"Who?"

"Frank! Who else?"

"He's a boy and a teenager Jes. That happens all the time."


It had been hours of silence until Darren spoke up. "I think it's time for you to go home."

I looked at him in shock. Home? I want to go home. The only thing is, would they take me back?
♠ ♠ ♠
Which home is she talking about?

Oh and this is the shortest chapter I've ever written for this story!