Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

After The Fall

"You have got to be kidding me! He didn't do anything at all?! I mean your mom and sisters, they couldn't say anything or your father would do something really rash to them, but damn he didn’t give Vince a death threat! What the hell!" Casey screamed, throwing my pillow to the floor.

I munched on some chips, letting her finish her outburst. The things she said were what I thought and screamed the moment I could.

After I thought it was safe to talk, I shrugged. "He's stupid, he can't help it. You really can't fix stupid. It doesn't matter though. Not anymore."

"And to think he's so cute! That brown hair and gray eyes are good for nothing!"

"You got that right," I laughed. I reached my fingers into the bowl, touching nothing but crumbs. I looked down at the bowl to find all the chips were gone. I frowned like a kid dropping their ice cream cone.

Casey giggled. "I'll get some more for us."

I handed her the bowl, wiping my hands on a paper towel. By the time I finished wiping my hands clean, Casey still hadn't come back. It doesn't take the long to re-stock junk food.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I walked out my room. I expected to see her head pop out from the stairway but there was no blond headed girl in sight. I descended down the steps, hearing two voices. The voices sounded angry. Oh this can't be good.

I jumped down two steps at a time, hearing Frank and Casey argue.

"Whatever you're doing, stop! Leave her alone!" Frank growled. His glare darted to the spot where I just stood. Luckily, I moved against the wall so no one could see me. Back to this leaving me alone business.

"I'm trying to be her friend! Don't you think she needs someone of her same gender to talk to? I'm sure it's boring just talking to you all day," Casey shrilled.

"You're planning something. You're going to corrupt her and make her hate me!"

"Now why would I do that when she likes you?"

After that, I raced up the stairs, closing the door silently behind me. I ran to my bed, hiding under the covers. It had never felt so comfortable and safe as it did tonight.

Why did Casey have to tell him that? Now he knows! I don't care that he probably already knew but now he definitely knows I have feelings for him! Wonderful, that is just what my life is.

The floorboards creaked, letting me know someone walked into the room. I really hoped it was Mrs. Iero, even though I knew she had a double shift tonight.

"You heard didn't you?"

I nodded my head through the covers. I wasn't sure if she could see the nod. I think she did when she peeled my blanket away from my head, succeeding in messing up my hair.

"Don't be angry. Please don't. It's all part of the plan."

I dared to turn so I was facing her. "What plan?" I asked.

Casey smiled, one of those mischievous ones that damn near scared me. That smile led me to believe she came up with a mastermind plan in as little as two months. She inspected her sparkly red painted fingernails for a while. Then she looked back at me.

"Did you know that today marked summer vacation for us?" I shook my head. "Oh well it is! That means Frank works full time at the shop until school starts again. That means that tomorrow you are wearing one of the outfits you bought today."

The thought of being around Frank for the entire summer for longer periods of time made me happy. I couldn't hide the smile on my face. Casey saw and patted my head while lying on the chair with an adjustable back next to my bed.

She went on to explain what her entire plan was about. She labeled it "Project Jes Gets Frank Or So Help Me." It was a cute name and I couldn't deny the laughter that erupted from my throat.

After the fit of giggles was over, Casey explained to me the different levels or "phases" or her plan she was going to initiate. The only thing she didn't tell me was the specifics of the phases. She only told me how many there were.

About halfway through explaining her plan, she fell asleep unexpectedly on the chair. I shook my head, grabbing a fleece blanket from my closet and draped it over her sleeping body.

I tucked her in like a mother would to find her with that mischievous smile on her lips again. What are you dreaming about lady?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to enjoy the next few chapters.