Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

Now Watch As The Predator Gets Ready To Strike

For two weeks, Casey has picked out my work outfits and forced me into them every single morning. Yes, I still argued and fidgeted with her against my clothes. I would have regret buying all these shirts, jeans, skirts, and leggings except for the fact that Frank paid more attention to me. I wanted this attention from him, but it made me wonder, why didn't he give me any attention before when I was plain old Jes?

I didn't have time to think about it today. We were so busy it wasn't even funny. A group of guys walked into the store, demanding for tattoos and piercings. There were nine of them and all nine of them wanted to get something done today.

I was scrambling around, tending to Damien and Darren's needs. It was so annoying having to run to the storage room and back to get them their supplies and equipment every few minutes. It wasn't easy running in pumps either. I'm so angry Casey made me wear these! Anything that is not sneakers, I hate. Why is she so damn mean?

I stomped past her into the storage room, again. She was talking to a few of the customers, who I guess were her friends. It's nice for her to know people. I don't care, but I am going to care later on when I yell at her for making me wear these painful shoes!

Right after I handed Frank and Darren new needles in their packages, Damien yelled at me to run to the counter and tend to the finished customers. I would've thrown my damned shoe at his head if I could have.

I ran to the counter, surprised I wasn't slipping or falling. Well, I spoke too soon. I was a few inches from the sturdy glass before my left foot collapsed under me and I was falling to my left side. Damn it, damn it! I already made a mental note to go get band-aids after this fall.

I didn't feel myself against the floor, though. I opened my eyes in a daze. I was leaning against a very gorgeous guy. He smiled toothily at me, pulling me up to my feet. I might have blushed at the fact that he pushed strands of my hair to the back of my ear.

I did a quick over of what he needed to pay for. I saw his red eyebrow secured by a silver barbell. I waved for him to come over so he could pay for his piercing.

He handed me the amount that was due and a slipped a 10 for me. I scoffed; what the hell was he trying to pull? I almost didn't want to give him back his five bucks. When I did though, his hand brushed mine, and he held it there. I tried wiggling free of his grasp but he didn't let go. He wasn't even looking at my hand. The entire time he was looking into my eyes.

"Let go," I whined softly. I even looked over to Casey in hopes that she would help me out. She stood up, along with the two other friends of her's and walked to my direction.

"What's up?" she asked loudly, loud enough for everyone to hear. I saw Darren's Mohawk lift up. The whirring sound of Damien's tattooing machine halted.

The guy in front of me finally diverted his stare at my eyes down to my hand. With expert speed, he raised the back of my hand to his lips and he kissed it softly.

Frank was over in an instant, the rubber gloves on his hands still there. He torn them off hurriedly, pushed the guy back, and took hold off my hand that held the saliva.

"Don't touch her!" Frank sneered, taking the end of his shirt and wiping my hand quickly. I turned to look at him. Am I dreaming or was he being protective of me?

"I was just being a gentleman," the guy replied.

Frank's eyes narrowed, his grip on my hand getting tighter and tighter. I wasn't sure what was happening but I did notice that everyone returned to their business besides Frank and the 'gentleman'. They were stuck in a glare. Eventually the gentleman laughed and walked away, saying later to his friends.

Frank closed his eyes and sighed. He re-opened them and faced me. "Don't let anyone take advantage of you like that," he muttered and hugged me with enough force to push me back a few steps.

I hugged him back, trying to figure out just what he meant by that. My eyes darted over to Casey who was intently staring at me. I raised an eyebrow at her. She just smiled and nodded her head, as though she accomplished something.

That's when I finally understood it. All of her friends that came into the shop, they only came because she wanted Frank to be jealous of the attention I was given. What a sly bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year :)