Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

A Day To Remember; Not The Band

Darren was going to be here in an hour and I still don't know what to wear. Crap, this is not good. I dug through my dresser, trying to find a shirt to wear. Maybe I should wear black. Never mind, I'll look like everyone else if I wear black.

"Are you done yet?" Frank asked, knocking on my door.

"No!" I replied, trying to find a non-black shirt.

"Well you need to hurry it up. He's going to be here soon."

"I know damn it!"

I went back to my dresser, finding a purple shirt with random boxes etched onto the shirt. Eh, let's wear this shirt then. I slipped the shirt on, found a pair of black jeans, and laced up my high top Converse shoes. I looked like a Punk, but so what? I was going to a Sheet Monkeys show again and I cannot wait!

I ran down the stairs, seeing Darren waiting on the couch. When he said one hour, he meant it. Give it to him to be on time.

"Are we ready?" I asked, fixing my shirt.

"Been ready," Darren scoffed.

We reached the venue about an hour and half before the Monkeys were going to play onstage. There weren't as many people here as the first time I went to one of their shows. I wasn't complaining, that only meant I could get closer to the stage and catch Ash's eye, if I was lucky.

I reached for Frank and Darren's hands, dragging them around the area to the right stage area. The whole tour was a mini Warped Tour of international bands. You would think there weren't that many since most of the bands came from California and foreign bands usually stay in their country, but there were easily over 20 bands here, sitting around, drinking water, and waiting for their turn to perform.

It took most of our free time finding where the band was going to play. It turned out that they were supposed to play main stage but a quick decision forced them to play on the other side of the concert area.

The three of us ran to the correct place, hoping we weren't late. We were all out of breath by the time Ash walked on stage and introduced him and the band.

I smiled; when I went to their show, I had so much fun. It was definitely a day to remember.

"Hello everyone! We are the Sheet Monkeys!" Ash spoke into the microphone, his Brazilian accent shining through.

Girls from all around me screamed their hearts out, waving their hands in the air. I covered my ears in a hurry so I wouldn't turn deaf. I actually wanted to hear him sing.

After the fan girls calmed down, Ash and the others began to play. I recognized Average right away, jumping up and down to the beat.

Eventually, the people in the crowd pushed me up closer and closer to the barricades that separated the fans from the band. I was so hypnotized in Ash's singing, I didn't realize some random person picked me up and threw me up to the crowds. When I realized people were touching my butt, my trance was definitely broken.

I screamed, slapping the hands that were touching me. A guy crowd surfing next to me gave me a thumbs up. I gave him a panicked look. I didn't want this!

"It's fun! Calm it!" he screamed, pointing to the band.

I sighed angrily, letting the crowd of people push my body towards the front. I was able to turn my body around so my face was towards the band. When I was close enough, I screamed out to Ash, waving my hands. He caught sight of me and smiled while singing. Awesome, he remembers me!

I crowd surfed for another two songs until the band's time was up. Another group of hands lowered me down to the ground. Gee, people have manners here.

I dusted my shirt and rearranged it from when people were touching me. Turning around, Frank and Darren ran up to me, their eyes widened.

"Where were you?!" Darren yelled, taking hold of my shoulders.

Frank slapped Darren's hands away and took hold of my left hand. "Don't do that! We were afraid-"

"That I ran away," I sighed.

They looked down at their feet. I shook my head; they really weren't going to trust me until a long time.

"I brought the camera!" Darren added, holding it up in the air.

Frank cleared his throat, "Let's go see the Sheet Monkeys."
♠ ♠ ♠
The Sheet Monkeys are a real band! Click below if you'd like to check them out.

Sheet Monkeys