Status: Thank you for reading!

The Long Journey Ahead

This Couldn't Be Any Weirder

I still couldn't get over how nice this room was. Motels usually don't have rooms that look identical to the ones in the Hilton, do they?

I walked into the bathroom, wanting to wash my face. My eyes felt heavy and I was sure I needed sleep but I wanted to yell at Frank some more. The boy has jealousy issues and I have to sort it out with him before the end of this night.

After I finished washing my face, I walked back out to where the beds were. Frank sat there, his shoulders drooped, and his head hung low. He looked asleep. Should I let him savor the few moments of silence before I shake up his anger? Should I just slap him on the face right now and make him even angrier?

It was a difficult choice and I never was able to choose my options. When I decided to wake him up, a knock on the door made him jump. His red eyes glared at me before I rolled my own.

The door opened before we gave the person the okay to come inside. A portly man walked into the room, pushing a cart in front of him. He smiled at Frank and laughed when he looked at me.

"It's true!" he beamed. "You're back! Our goddess is back!" He then left the cart there and rushed out the room. I could still hear him whooping even with the door closed.

"What was that?" Frank asked.

"If I knew..."

Frank shrugged and walked over to the cart. He lifted the metal lid and stared at the cheeseburgers, French fries, soda, and desserts on the table. Being of the male gender, his hand immediately took a fry. I slapped it away, letting it fall to the carpet. He shot me a dirty look.

"Why did you do that?" he snarled.

"Are you stupid?" I hissed. "You don't know where the food's been! We never ordered room service! They could've poisoned the food for all we know!"

"I don't care! I'm hungry!" On cue, his stomach growled viciously. He placed his hand over his stomach and rubbed it.

I rolled my eyes again, taking the lid from him. I covered the food and pushed the cart away. "I'm hungry too but I don't trust the people here. Something weird is going on," I explained.

"Yeah...I get this weird vibe. Let's just get some sleep and then we can leave in the morning."

I nodded, crawling over to the left side of the bed. Frank went to the opposite side, hesitating. I gave him a weird look as his eyes shifted back and forth from the bed and me.

"We-we're gonna sleep in the same bed," he whispered.

"Yes, we are," I agreed. What is wrong with him? I made an 'Oh' sound, understanding why he was suddenly so nervous.

I took the huge duvet, folded it in half and placed it in the middle of the bed. "There, we're separated since you seem to have girl problems," I said, clapping my hands together.

"Shut up!" he snapped, folding his arms against his chest.

I rolled my eyes yet again and lay down on the bed. We're really going to argue childishly and tell each other to shut up for the next couple of hours.

It was very dark out when I heard something move in the room. At first, I thought the window was open and it made the curtains sway, but I never remembered cracking open a window. Frank and I couldn’t care less about how stifling hot the room felt since we couldn’t stop arguing.

My ears went on high alert and my eyes shot open in the darkness. I couldn't see a single thing but I could hear someone. I heard the sound of windbreaker pants swishing around and soft mutterings.

Oh my god, we're going to die!

As quietly as I could, I reached for any part of Frank's body with my left arm. I felt around until my hand felt his cheek. I tapped what I think was his cheek a little to get him to wake up. He stirred and placed his hand over mine, almost lovingly.

That was when I knew he heard the other person in the room. His hand clenched on top of mine. The lights turned on and I screamed.

"WHO ARE YOU? GET OUT!" Frank screeched sitting up.

I closed my eyes and readied myself for death. Frank wasn't screaming anymore so they must've gotten him. I cried silently for him. I wish we had never gotten into that argument.

It seemed like forever when everything remained silent. I opened an eye. At the end of the bed was an older woman along with a boy in his teens. They stared at me in wonder.

"You are back!" the woman laughed and pointed at me.

I slid back as far as I could into the pillows. Why was she wearing the exact outfit I have on? Why was that boy eyeing me weirdly? Where is Frank?

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him. I sighed in relief. He didn't die.

"Our goddess is back with us!" the boy praised, dropping to his knees and kneeling before me.

"What?" Frank questioned.

The woman rolled her eyes. "Our goddess, you," she pointed to me, "my dear, you are our Goddess of Conveyance—transport."

"Suits you," Frank muttered. I gave him a death glare. Did he want to argue again, when we have crazy people in our room?

"Your highness, we must get you ready for your ceremony with your...prince," the boy said, still kneeling.

So I just changed from a goddess to a princess. This isn't freaky!

"Oh, uhm, sure! I just have to look decent and I'll be out in a jiffy!" I exclaimed, faking excitement.

The two of them grinned in happiness and left Frank and I alone. The second I they were far off; I jumped out of bed and put my shoes back on.

"What are you doing?" Frank hissed.

"Getting out of here you idiot! I'm not staying with these crazy people!"

"Oh...right."

He can be so stupid sometimes. I waited until Frank put his shoes on before cracking open the door a few centimeters to check if anyone was waiting outside the door.

Once the coast was clear, I grabbed Frank's hand and we ran out of the motel as fast as we could. Darren's car was sitting at the end of the parking lot of the motel. I pulled harder on Frank's hand as I pushed myself to run to the car faster.

Darren was asleep in the front from what I could tell. Luckily, the back doors were open so I crawled inside as fast as I could. Frank climbed in after and slammed the door shut, locking it behind him.

Darren jumped out of his seat and saw us. "What are you two doing here?" he asked. He sounded like a dying robot from the sleep in his voice.

I opened my mouth to explain to him but Frank's face stopped me from seeing anything past him. I tried pushing Frank's face away but he wouldn't move. I whined, slapping my thighs.

"I'm sorry for being jealous," he whispered and kissed me. I didn't expect that to happen.