There's Too Much Green To Feel Blue

Pervert Pop

Peter decided to surprise the girls for lunch. He called ahead and said he was bringing lunch, but Sam told him to go to the laundry mat at the corner of the street. Curious, Peter headed there with bags of food in hand. When he entered, he saw Lily sitting on a washing machine with Sam standing next to her, folding clothes.
"Daddy!" Lily cried, reaching her arms out for him when she caught sight of him.
"Hey, working man!" Sam greeted.
"What's all this? Why are you here?" Peter asked after he hugged Lily.
"We are here because I discovered your pile of dirty clothes." Sam answered.
"What?"
"See, let me tell you a story." Sam said dropping a shirt and leaning against the washing machine.
"Lily wanted to color but she had no paper. So she's like, 'My dad has some in his room!'. So I go in and I can't find any so I open the closet and this tidal wave," she spread open her arms, "of clothes just falls on me!" she placed her hands on her hips, "Your closets don't like you!"
"Why do you think that they don't like you?" Pete asked laughing.
"Because I'm so awesome!"
The serious tone in Sam's voice made Peter laugh. "Okay, so what are you doing here?" Pete asked.
"Well, I couldn't help but notice that the clothes smelled funky," she wrinkled her nose at the word, "so I came here."
"You know there are washing machine at the apartment building. Why didn't you use the machines in the building?" Pete said.
"Oh, yeah, but I wanted to get out of the house. You have us cooped up in the house all day, Pete. But, we're women!"
"We're women!" Lily echoed.
"We need our freedom!" Sam cried.
"Freedom!" Lily echoed.
"All right, it's okay, I understand. You guys need to get out sometimes, that's totally cool." Peter said.
"Of course it's cool, it's me!" Sam said like it was obvious.
"You wanna go and eat now?" Peter asked.
"Yeah, about that," Sam said, "since I was coming here, I brought my clothes, too."
"Oh." Peter said.
"They're almost done drying." Sam said, "Why don't you guys go ahead and I'll catch up?"
"Sure." Peter said.
"Okay, here you go." she handed Peter a white basket full of folded clothing.
Petr picked Lily up from the maching and put her on the ground, "Here, baby, hold this." he handed Lily the bags of food, "Be careful." Then he took the basket of clothes.
"I'll catch up." Sam said.
"Okay," Peter nodded and they left the laundromat.
The machine buzzed and Sam began to unload all the clothes in a basket. She heard a chuckle off to her right. She looked over and saw William sitting on a seat, holding an open newspaper.
"How long have you been there?" Sam asked.
"I've been here with you pretty much since we left the building." he answered smirking.
"We?" Sam muttered to herself, "You, you followed me here?" Sam pointed at herself.
William chuckled again.
"Why?" Sam asked bewildered.
"I was bored, I saw you leaving the building, I wondered what you were doing and I came here with you." he answered simply.
"You're sick." Sam said.
He made a kissy face at her. Sam turned away and returned to unloading her clothes.
"You eating lunch with that guy?" William asked gesturing with his head to the door.
"Peter? Yeah." Sam said, not turning.
"Huh, that was Peter." he said mostly to himself, "That's right."
Sam turned to stare at him.
"You know, you got me last time." he said waving a finger at her.
"I did what I could." Sam said.
In a flash, William had thrown the newspaper aside, got close to her and put his hands on the machine on either side of her, trapping her.
"I underestimated you. I thought I'd have you in bed in one day and I didn't."
"So, what are you trying to say?" Sam asked, unable to take her eyes from his face.
"Nothing, I just feel like you owe me." William said.
"Ha!" Sam laughed, "Yeah, right!"
William smiled, "I like you, you've got style."
"And you've got to go." Sam said.
He smiled again and backed away.
"You need any help with that?" he asked as Sam finished loading her things.
"Oh, what a gentleman." Sam said sarcastically.
"I can be gentle." William said, "Wanna see?"
"That sounds lovely." Sam said picking up her full basket, "No, thank you."
"You're a dirty girl deep down inside, aren't you? I know you are." he grinned, surveying her.
Sam couldn't help it, she grinned, "You know it!" she joked. She began to walk away.
He laughed, "Hell, yeah!" He followed her.
"So, what time can I come over?" he asked.
"How about I come over instead?" Sam laughed as she opened the laundromat door.
"Even better." William said.
"You can't be serious." Sam said still laughing as they walked down the street.
"Why not?" William asked striding faster to walk alongside her.
"I'm not coming over." Sam said.
"So, then, can I?" he asked.
"No!" she said.
"Well, then, what are we going to do?" William asked when they reached the door to the apartment building. He held it open for her.
"I am going to eat lunch. I don't know what you're going to do." she said entering the building.
"I'm going to do something with you." he said.
"No, you're going to do something with you're hand." Sam retorted as they walked up the small flight of stairs for the elevator.
William snorted, "I don't need my hand." he said as they reached the landing and Sam pressed the button. The elevator came and they entered.
"Going up." Sam said as she pressed the button to their floor.
"I know I am." William said, leaning against the wall.
Sam rolled her eyes. She decided to play it safe and stay in front of the buttons, a small distance from William.
"Why so far away?" William asked.
" 'Why so far away?' " Sam mimicked, "That's you."
William chuckled.
"You're something else." he said.
"Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you."
William smirked, "Oh, so you're thinking of me?"
Sam sighed, "Yes, I was thinking of you." she said deciding to let him have some fun.
"Maybe you should put those thoughts of me to rest, it might be too much to handle for that pretty head of yours. You might have to lay down."
"Really?" Sam said turning to face him, "And where, out of curiousity, do you suggest I lay down?"
William smiled wider.
"Nice." Sam smiled, "Beat you to your own pick up line." She turned and pressed a button.
William unfolded his arms and stood up straight, alarmed. "Did you just press a button to another floor?" he asked, pointing a finger at the buttons, the smile gone from his face.
"Yeah." It was Sam's turn to smirk.
"You're not going up with me?" William said, wearing an 'I can't believe you just did that smile.'
"Not today." she said.
The door's opened and revealed Peter's floor.
"Later, Love Guru." Sam called.
"See ya, babe." William said leaning against the wall and folding his arms again.
Sam could hear him laughing to himself as the doors closed behind her.
She entered Peter's apartment and deposited her basket full of clothes on the wall next to her. Peter raised an eyebrow at her from the counter.
"What happened?" Peter asked popping food into his mouth.
She shook her head, "Oh, sit!" Peter said, slapping a hand on the counter and pulling up a stool with the other hand.
"Hold on a sec, compadre." she said. She went over and sat with him.
He shoved a bag of food at her, "Tell me everything." he said excitedly.
"Well, you're awfully attentive." Sam said glancing at him and extracting food from the bag.
"This'll be interesting." Peter grinned.
Sam took a deep breath, leaned forward and said, "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance."
Peter stared at her, his mouth agape, an laughed hard. "Wow," Peter laughed, "There is no match for you."
"Of course not, I'm Sam." she said putting a chip in her mouth.
"It's never a dull moment with you, huh?" Peter asked stabbing his food with his fork.
"Guess that's why people like me." Sam smiled.
"Thanks for taking care of the clothes." Peter spoke up, "I think we were already running low on clean clothes."
"Let's do something kinky!" Sam suggested excitedly.
"What?!" Peter said dropping his fork.
"Yeah, let's go out and buy some chocolate or something." she said, her eyes twinkling.
"I..." he stuttered.
"We don't have to do anything kinky-kinky." Sam said reading Peter's expression, "I just want to do something fun and exciting!"
"I dare you," Peter said, looking at his plate and playing with his food, "to go to that William guy and tell him what you just told me."
"Really?" Sam said pushing her food aside and staring at Peter with complete seriousness and attention, "Are you really daring me?"
Peter paused from his food and looked up at her, "Yes, yes, I'm really daring you."
Sam smiled.
One second Peter was putting food in his mouth, the next second, he was being dragged out of his apartment by his left arm.
"Where are we going?" Lily asked startled as Sam dragged her by her right arm.
"We're going to do something kinky!" Sam cried as she pulled them down small stairs and into the elevator.
Lily looked at Peter and opened her mouth. "Daddy, what's kink--"
"Lily!" Peter said shocked, "Sam! What--"
Sam let them go and shoved them into the elevator. She jumped in, pushed the button and jumped up and down as the elevator began to descend. Peter and Lily pressed themselves against the wall.
"Daddy, what's wrong with Sam?" Lily whispered.
"She's gone crazy." Peter whispered back.
Lily put a small hand over her mouth and giggled.
Peter was feeling slightly anxious but curious to see what would happen. When the elevator dinged and the doors slid open, Sam grabbed their arms again and they flew down the small stairs and into the lobby.
Robert merely glanced at them and immediately perked up.
"Hi!" he said.
Sam was the only one to answer. "Hi!" she said cheerfully.
"I thought you were going to tell William!" Peter hissed.
"Shh!" she quickly hissed. "Do you mind watching Lily for about three minutes?"
"Um, uh, yea--" Robert managed before Sam grabbed Peter and ran up the stairs, to the elevator.
"Wait!" Robert chased after them, "What for?" he asked stopping at the foot of the stairs.
"We're going to do something kinky!" Sam cheered.
"What?!" Robert cried out.
Peter laughed as Sam pulled him back into the elevator. When the elevator began to move up, Peter had to put a hand up on the wall to steady himself. He had his other hand wrapped around his stomach, he was doubled over laughing.
"This is going to be fun!" Sam said watching the numbers at the top of the elevator change.
"This is going to be fun!" she repeated. Sam turned and shook Peter excitedly.
When she released him, Peter took a much needed deep breath.
"I can't believe we're actually doing this!" Peter breathed.
"Believe it, Petey, we're doing it!" Sam proclaimed as the elevator stopped and the doors opened.
Sam grabbed his arm again and pulled him. She headed to the end of the hallway.
"What was it that I said?" she asked hooking her arm around his arm, " 'Let's do something kinky?' "
"Yeah." Peter said laughing.
"Okay." she let him go and pushed him up against the wall, "Stay there."
She faced the door, plumped her hair, fixed her shirt, took a deep breath and knocked on the door. She winked at Peter, who was pressed against the wall, as they heard approaching footsteps. Peter grinned in response.
The door opened and Sam immediately smiled.
"Hi." she said.
"Hi." Peter heard William's sly voice, "Can I help you with something?"
"Yes, yes, you can." Sam said, "I have something I would like to tell you." she hid a hand behind her back and crossed her fingers, "I really think you want to hear this."
"Okay, shoot." William said crossing his arms.
"William, in the past three minutes that we've been apart, I've realized that I love you and, as a result, would like to tell you the following : Let's do something kinky!" she exclaimed brimming with delight.
"Really?!" William's voice turned to utter surprise.
Sam, who had been giggling since the words had left her mouth, burst out laughing.
Peter put a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. William reached out, grabbed Sam's arm and began to pull her into his apartment.
"Oh, honey...." Sam placed a hand on his shoulder, still laughing, "...no."
Still holding in his laughter, he slid an arm around her waist, pulled her away and they both ran to the elevator laughing. They didn't stop laughing until they reached the lobby.
"I better go, I'll see you later!" Peter waved and ran out the door as soon as they climbed down the stairs.
Sam went to Robert with her face flushed and a smile on her face.
"What did you do?" Robert asked, almost too scared to know.
"Something I will remember for a long time." she said taking Lily's hand and walking away.