There's Too Much Green To Feel Blue

Dirty Little Secret

Sam went up to her apartment and was seconds from turning the knob to her door when that familiar sly voice stopped her.
"Evening, pretty girl." William's voice was right behind her, standing with his arms crossed.
"Hmm, evening?" Sam said turning to face William.
"What?" he said.
"Nothing, I'm just wondering if you really mean that or if it's just an introduction to another pick up line."
William smiled, "Then let's skip all the pick up lines and get into bed."
"You don't know when to quit, I'll give you that much." Sam said.
"How about you give me a little more?"
"William, why do you want me so bad?" Sam asked.
In a sudden movement, he grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in the eyes.
"From the moment I saw you, I wanted you in bed. When I didn't have you that day, you drove me crazy." he shook her as he said the last word, "It's been a few days and I haven't had you yet. Now," he pointed a finger, "I'm not at the point of begging yet, but don't think I haven't thought about it. So I'm telling you to get into my bedroom," he pointed into his open apartment, "and let me give it to you!" he released her.
"Oh, William, you're such a joker!" she shoved him lightly and burst out laughing.
William stood there unbelievingly. Still laughing, Sam went into her apartment, grabbed a few dirty garments and went back out. She was still laughing and William was still standing there.
"Where you going?" William asked.
"I have some dirty clothes." Sam said.
"Really? This doesn't look like it's yours." he plucked one of Peter's white shirts from the bundle in her arms.
He stretched the shirt out, "You cheating on me?"
"It's Peter's." Sam said swiping it back.
"Oh, that's right. You expect me to believe that you're not sleeping with him when you have this?"
"He happens to be a dirty eater." Sam said.
"He's dirty, all right."
"Hmm, I wonder how his shirt would fit me."
Sam dumped all the other clothes on the floor and slipped on the collared shirt.
"It's slightly bigger than me." Sam said examining the sleeves, "Mmm, he smells good."
"You would know." William said.
"No, his shirt smells nice, look." she bent down, grabbed another of his shirts and tossed it to William.
He caught it and took a wiff, "He does smell good." He smelled the shirt again.
A lady neighbor was in the process of putting her keys in the door when she caught sight of Sam and William smelling the clothes. William and Sam saw her.
"Oh, we're smelling the clothes of the guys she's sleeping with." William explained.
"No, I am not sleeping with him." Sam said.
"Yeah, she is, with Peter Wentz. He lives a few floors down!" William managed to say before the lady scurried into her apartment.
Sam crossed her arms, "Thanks."
"You're welcome, babe." William grinned.
"I better go wash these things." she gripped the shirt, "You want to see something from my old stripper days?"
"You used to be a stripper?!" William asked, his eyes lighting up.
"No." Sam slipped off Peter's shirt.
"Woo." William said, "How about you do that with your cute little dress inside my bedroom?"
"Not now when I have things to wash." Sam said bending down and scooping up the clothes.
"May I join you?" William asked.
"Are you going to wash, too?" Sam asked straightening up.
Nah, I'm just going to stare at you."
Sam looked at William, "Okay," she said.
They went down to the laundry room inside the building.
"Wow, there's actually people here washing clothes at night?" Sam said as they walked into the room.
"Yeah, why?" William said searching the room with his eyes.
"I don't know, it's weird to wash clothes at night." Sam said heading to the machines closest to the door.
"You're weird." William said following her.
Sam opened the machine and turned to William, "Maybe that's why you like me." she said.
"That must be it." William said.
"Here, make yourself useful." Sam pressed the clothes into William's arms.
"Are you sure you wouldn't want me to be useful in other ways?" he asked gathering the clothes.
"I have my boyfriend for that." Sam said.
"Right, Wentz." he said.
"No." Sam said.
"You expect me to believe you have a boyfriend that's not Peter, when you're washing Peter's clothes?"
"Yes." Sam said simply.
"Whatever, will you go to bed with me?"
Sam clicked her tongue, "If you're going to be cochino, then, leave." Sam said grabbing the clothes from him.
"Ooh, you know spanish, that's hot. That'll come in handy."
"When?" Sam asked.
"When you're rolling in bed with me."
"Whatever, dude!"
"Oh, you know what? I'm kind of tired of chasing you. You're coming with me."
He bent down, scooped her off her feet and cradled her in his arms. Sam gave a little squeal.
"William!" she laughed, "Put me down!"
"No, I want you." he said without shame.
"You'll have me if you put me down!" she laughed.
"Really?" he said. He gently set her down on her feet.
"No." Sam said grinning.
William looked up at the ceiling exasperated, "Tease." he accused.
Sam smiled at him, "Always."
Sam turned to the machines and began to sort the clothes. "Look, I think this would look nice on you." she grabbed a puffy, jean skirt and pressed it to his thighs.
William grabbed the skirt.
"With this top." Sam pressed a pink muscle shirt to his chest.
Willaim looked at them, then, quietly, slipped them on over his faded, tight jeans and tight tan skirt.
"What do you think, is it me?" he asked.
Sam studied him. She nodded. "Yeah." she turned to the machine again, "I'll need them when I start washing the colors."
"I could get used to this." he said ruffling the skirt.
"William, tell me about yourself." Sam said as she threw clothes into the machine.
"I'm horny, I want sex, what more is there to say?" he said.
"Where'd you come from? What are your parents like?"
William folded his arms and shifted his weight to his right leg. "Why don't you tell me?" he challenged.
Sam dropped the last of the clothes into the machine and turned to him.
"Okay, your parents are probably rich enough to buy the entire state and you've probably never been to school because you're rich enough to get by through life to do whatever you want."
William smiled.
"What I don't know is what you're doing living in an apartment building like this when you can get one somewhere high up with a view." Sam finished.
William grinned wider. He put a hand on the machine next to Sam's and used it to prop himself up.
"So, how'd you know?"
"Mmm, let's just say I know the type." Sam said gathering the rest of the clothes.
"Really?" William got closer to her, placed an arm around her and his other arm on the side of her head. "Well, let's just say I know the type, too."
He leaned in close.
More scared about his comment than the attempted kiss, Sam moved away and William grazed her cheek.
"Maybe I should leave." William grinned.
Her eyes locked on him, her mouth slightly agape, she nodded. "Yeah." she said in a low voice.
He blew her a kiss and left the laundry room.
Sam placed her hands on the machine to support herself. If that wasn't the scariest thing anyone had ever told her in quite a while. Sam wasn't proud of it, buy William was right. Sam was as every bit as wealthy as William thought. Actually, more wealthy than he thought. Of course he would know the type, the wealthy type, that is. Sam was just surprised that he saw right through her so quickly. She hated her wealth, she really did and she worked hard to hide it. Maybe it didn't help that she had so many things, but she didn't really care about her inanimate objects. The most important things to her were her experiences and her music. She hated that she had everything handed to her so quickly and readily during her childhood. She felt that she had been robbed of some valuable experiences, that's why she had decided to break out on her own. Instead of going to college, her, Gabe and a few friends moved to Mexico and lived there for a few years to live on their own and live among some of the most humble people she'd ever seen. She missed Mexico alot. It was a blessing to see such nice people try to get by day by day. Sam had grown up among rich, aristocratic children and she had never gotten along with many of them, except Gabe and her friend Sarah. It was both a blessing and a curse to be the most rich heiress in the state. And she really was the richest heiress in the state. There had been a well known public article on a magazine recently that counted down the top 20 richest people in the state and she had been placed as number one. She hated it, which is why she had to hide it from everybody. She knew that upon knowing who she was, people would immediately treat her as if she were queen. Sam was willing to do almost anything for people not to treat her that way and just treat her as if she were just her, Sam. Not Samantha the Heiress, just Sam. Now Sam knew that she was lucky to have it so easy in life, but she also knew that there were many more not so lucky. For years, Sam thought she was trapped in her lavish lifestyle and she had become horribly depressed. Her lifestyle depressed her horribly, but she hardly thought of herself. What made her happy was helping other people and she had the ability to do that, money was no problem. That's why Peter was so cool to her. He worked hard just to keep the two people he loves happy. She had never seen someone as hard working as Peter and he deserved to have a baby-sitter who charged next to nothing. She wasn't really doing it for the money, she just wanted to help. Come to think of it, now she remembered who else was in that magazine article. William Beckett, second richest person in the state, that's how she had known about him. What the heck was he doing in this cozy little apartment building?
She sighed and grabbed the clothes a little more roughly than necessary. She looked at the clothes and then looked at the doorway. She threw down the clothes and ran after William.
"William, wait! I need my clothes back!" she cried.
"There's only one way you're getting them!" William yelled back.
"No!" Sam ran faster.
She caught up to him and tackled him from behind, toppling them both onto the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sam came in the next morning looking disgruntled. She had Peter's clothes on hangers.
"Cool, you got them clean!" Peter cheered.
Sam strode forward and handed him his clothes, "You better keep them clean, you have no idea what I had to go through to get them that way."
She handed the clothes to him, exhaled loudly and shook her head, "Okay," she smiled, "Where's the muntchkin?"
"Still sleeping."
"Good." Sam dropped her bag and threw herself onto the couch.
"Tired?" Peter said.
"Yeah." Sam said closing her eyes.
"Why?" Peter questioned.
"Nightmares, hunnybun."
"Really, about?" Peter asked pouring himself some coffee.
"Rich people."
Peter cocked an eyebrow at her from the kitchen. "Okay, I'm going to get in the shower." Peter said.
"Can I come with you?" Sam mumbled.
"What?" he said turning back to her.
He heard a loud snore come from the couch. He laughed and went to the shower.
Sam was woken up by Lily mere minutes before Peter walked out the door.
"Wake up, wake up!" Lily yelled in Sam's face. She shook Sam roughly.
"Leave me alone, economists!" she said sitting up and opening her eyes.
Peter rushed to Sam. He leaned in close. "Sam!" he said loudly.
Sam's eyes flew open, "Peter?"
"Econo--"
"Nobody." Sam responded quickly. "What's going on?"
"I'm leaving." Peter said. He was fully dressed in his work clothes.
"What?" her hands flew to her head, "No, I didn't feed you!" she ran to her bag.
"That's okay, just feed Lily later."
"No, you will eat!"
Peter opened his mouth to protest. Sam took the opportunity to grab a muffin from her bag and stuff it in his mouth. Peter's eyes widened.
"Mmm, this one's different!" Peter said pulling it out of his mouth and chewing.
"It's blue berry." Sam said.
"It's love." Peter said.
"Ah, ah, ah!" Lily jumped up and down with her mouth open.
Sam handed her a muffin. Sam handed Pete her peach colored bag. "Here, little boy blue. The muffin's are in there."
Peter slid his arm into the bags' straps, "You're awesome."
"Duh." Sam said. She turned Peter around and pushed him in the right direction.
Peter left the apartment. As he walked away, he heard Lily.
"What do you want to do, Sam?"
"Sleep." Sam moaned.
"No, now I want to dance!" Lily protested.
Sam gasped, "Dance off, dance off! Let's see who wins!"