There's Too Much Green To Feel Blue

Bubbli-i-i-i-ing

The three were in William's apartment, all of them completely drunk. They were seated on William's long green couch and were slumped over each other. Sam was in the middle with Peter to her right and William to her left. Pete and Sam were listening quietly as William told them a long story that he had felt the need to say. He closed his eyes when he finished.
"Dude, that is an amazing story." Peter said stonily.
"I looove wine!" Sam proclaimed.
William opened his eyes, sagged in his seat and placed his arms on his virtually non-existent stomach, "Wentz, have you ever had a threesome?"
"No." Peter answered honestly.
"Well, you know," William turned to Sam, "there are three of us..."
"Two guys and a girl?" Peter asked, "I'd rather with two girls."
"I'd rather with two girls, too, than you two." Sam said.
"There's an idea." Peter said.
"No, I want this threesome." William insisted. He rolled his head to Sam, "With this gorgeous...angel--doll...right, Pam---? Um, Pam, Whitney, um, Sam?"
Sam looked at him as if she didn't know who he was, "You're weird."
"And you're attractive, so take off your fucking pants!" William cried.
Sam turned to Peter, "Did you hear that? You're attractive, take off your fucking pants!"
Peter sighed, stood up and began to unbuckle his belt.
"Yes!" Sam cried. She threw herself down to help pull of his pants.
"Whoa, whoa," William pulled Sam back, "If this threesome's going to happen, you should take your clothes off first."
"I'm not that drunk to take my clothes off." Sam said.
"I'll send for more wine." William said.
"William," Sam said, "Why are we listening to Enrique Iglesias?"
"Oh, good," Peter said sitting down with his pants still on, "You can hear it, too."
"Is that what we're listening to?" William asked, "I thought it was just you." he laughed.
"Can I call you Billy?" Sam asked.
"Can I sleep with you?" William asked.
"This is a really soft couch." Peter said stroking the couch. "I...I just want to lay in it." he stretched out.
"I want to lay in Sam." William said and then laughed hysterically.
Sam leaned toward Peter, "Did you hear that? He wants to have sex with me. And he's not--" Sam burst into laughter, "he's not ever going to get to!" she doubled over and laughed.
William's stereo changed to 'Loose Lips'.
Sam gasped and sat up, "Kimya!"
Peter sat up as Sam turned to William. "You like Kimya Dawson?"
"I saw that shirt you wore that said 'Kimya Dawson is my Home Girl' and I looked her up." William answered.
They quieted as they listened to the song and when the song came to the chorus, they all sang together.
" 'We won't stop until somebody calls the cops and, even then, we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened!' "
"I think, maybe...we should all be friends." William said.
"Sure, I'll be your friend....for drugs!" Sam said stupidly.
"You--you are my best friend, Willy." Peter said, "I...I love you, man!"
They reached over Sam and tried to embrace but Sam fidgeted.
"Leave me alone!" she cried.
"But we love you, too!" Peter said.
"I was raised by my nanny.....I called her Nana......she raised me.....Nana, I called her.......Nana, she was the one who raised me....Nana.....Oh, my God, we should totally make a web video right now." William said shakily climbing to his feet.
"I already have an idea!" Sam said getting up unsteadily, "I.....want to dance!"
Before they even knew what they were doing, William set up a camera and Sam put on 'Stronger' by Kanye West. In their drunken state, they danced and lip-synched to the song in front of the camera. William did the robot, Sam pranced around the room and sang while Peter shook his head and pretended to play guitar.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Peter awoke on his couch, fully dressed and with a headache worse than the day before. He picked his cell phone off the floor, it read 9:30 am. Peter groaned and sat up, he had no idea what happened or how he had gotten there. The door burst open. Sam walked in holding her lime green laptop open in her hands.
"Why do I have five thousand hits on my YouTube account?" she asked.
Peter winced and placed a hand to his head, "I don't know, stop yelling." she asked.
"Oh, you're still hanging over, here." Sam tossed him a medicine bottle.
"What's this?" Peter asked picking up the bottle.
"What, you don't want to go home and get stoned?" Sam asked, a smile playing on her lips, "Just take it, it'll make you feel better. Would I drug you?"
"I don't know." Peter said spilling the small pills onto his hand, "I don't know what we're capable of after these two days."
"Why? Do you remember anything?" Sam asked sitting next to him and placing the computer on her lap.
"Nope." Peter said.
"Me neither and I definetely don't remember this." Sam clicked on the video.
Peter watched it with growing surprise. He watched himself dance and pretend to rap.
"What's worse is that we didn't turn the camera off right away." Sam said.
Peter watched as Sam's face came to the screen after the music had turned off.
"I don't...don't...I really don't know where I am right now." she turned her head, "Call the police, I think we're dead." She stayed quiet for a few minutes and suddenly sang, " 'Flip on the tele, wrestle with Jimmy, something is bubbli-i-i-i-ing'......I can't remember the rest.....oh, well, 'Say it ain't sooooo'!"
Then, Peter came into view next to Sam while William wandered in the background. "Sam, I gotta tell you something." he paused, "I think there's a fish down my pants.........I remember when I was little....."
Behind them, there was a crash. In the corner of the screen, William could be seen walking into a book shelf and falling down on his back.
"Did anybody hear that?" he called from the floor.
"Turn the camera off, Sam." Peter said.
Pete and Sam watched as the video became shaky as Sam picked up the camera.
"How--how do I turn it off?" Sam asked.
"Right here, I think." Peter reached forward and they were suddenly seen in night vision.
"No, I think it's this one." Sam said and the screen went black.
Peter turned to Sam, "Let's never go to William's place again."
Sam held out her pinky, "Pinky swear?"
"Pinky swear." Peter said wrapping his pinky around hers, "Let's kiss on it, too." He quickly leaned forwward and pecked Sam's cheek.
Sam giggled, "Peter, did I wake you? You're still wearing the clothes from yesterday." she suddenly gasped excitedly, "Can I dress you?"
Without waiting for an answer, she ran toward his room. She realized Peter wasn't with her, she ran back, grabbed Peter's had and pulled him toward the room. She immediately attacked his closet.
"I love your closet, Pete Wentz." Sam said rummaging around, " 'It's fun to go exploring'," she sang, " 'exploring in your closet!' "
Pete watched as she threw possible choices onto the bed. He studied Sam as she talked a mile a minute and threw things aside. She wore a black tube top dress and a green cardigan with black flats. He forgot about his headache for a few seconds. In that moment, he felt like the luckiest man alive. He owed alot to Sam, and he knew very well that he wasn't the most interesting person in the world, it was a miracle that Sam stayed with him. He watched Sam as he pulled out a lilac jacket. She slipped off her cardigan, tossed it onto the bed and put on his jacket.
"Peter, didn't you hear me?" Sam asked snapping Peter out of his thoughts, "I said, isn't this the jacket you were wearing when I met you?"
"Oh," Peter instantly grinned, "Yeah, it was." He walked over to her and slowly slid his arms around her. "You remember?" he asked.
"I remember everything about you." Sam smiled.
"Really?" Peter whispered.
He had the sudden urge to lay her down on his mattress but a wave of pain engulfed his head. He put a hand to his head and Sam stepped away from him.
"Take your pills, Peter," Sam said, she turned to the bed.
"Oh, yeah." Peter said looking at the pills in his hand.
"Take those with food, Peter Monster." Sam said with her back to him.
"Sam," Peter moved forward and wrapped her in his arms from behind her, "I need to ask you something." he rested his chin on her shoulder.
"What?" Sam asked.
"Do you," Pete chuckled, "do you want to make breakfast for me?"
Sam laughed and turned to face him, "I thought you'd never ask."
"I am the happiest man alive." Peter said embracing her.
Sam giggled, "Get dressed, I'll cook." she pointed at the bed where the clothes were laid out.
As Sam retreated to the kitchen, Peter dressed in jeans, a black undershirt, a white polo shirt and, since Sam had his jacket on, he slipped on Sam's cardigan.
"Hey, nice," Sam complimented as she served him his food.
Peter sat at the counter, ate a bit and swallowed his pill, "I'm going to pick up Lily later, want to go to the park afterwards?"
"That depends." Sam said leaning forward, "How are you going to convince me to go?"
"I don't need to convince you, I'm going, that's all you need." Peter said.
"Maybe." Sam said.
"You look pretty in my jacket." Peter commented.
"Thanks," Sam said, "I look good in my own jacket, too."
Peter smiled, "You should compliment me back."
"No." Sam said.
"You have to, I complimented you." Peter said.
"Okay," Sam said, "Peter, you play air guitar pretty good." she said referring to the video.
Peter's mouth dropped open and Sam laughed, "I will never get tired of that face."
"I will never get tired of your face." Peter said.
Sam looked at him, "You sissy."
Peter laughed, "I gotta go pick up Lily from my mom's in a while, want to come with me?"
"Sure, while you're at it, why don't you just chain me to the wall, give me a gun with one bullet and make me listen to Ashlee Simpson cd's, nothing's bound to go wrong." Sam said.
"Sam, you've got it all wrong." Peter said.
"Peter, she's a woman with no talent and she's a liar." Sam argued.
"I meant you've got it all wrong about my mother." Peter said.
"Oh." Sam said, "Okay, but I know I'm right about that L.O., L.O., L.O.S.E.R.."
"Sure," Peter said, "My mom just--"
"Hates me, I know." Sam said.
Peter opened his mouth to argue but Sam placed a hand on his to stop him.
"It's okay, cupid, I don't mind. In this world, we will always be criticized, it's unavoidable, even when we die, people will still talk. What kind of a person would I be if I let it bother me?" Sam said
"She doesn't hate you." Peter insisted.
"Dislikes me, whatever. Don't worry, Peter, while you go, I'll shop. I know the perfect pair of shoes that will go really good with some of the clothes in your closet. I'll buy them for you."
"Sam," Peter smirked, "You give me so much and I never give you anything in return."
"Yes, you do." Sam said.
"Yeah, but, I mean, something physical." Peter said.
Sam raised and eyebrow, "Physical? Now, that's something else."
Peter burst out laughing, "You're dirty."
"Well, I do what I can." Sam smiled.
When Peter finished eating, they sat on the couch and tried to remember what they had done while they had been drunk. But when a few hours went by and they couldn't recover any memories, Sam left to shop and Peter to retrieve Lily. But before he went to his mother's house, he called Brendon up and made a quick stop at the hospital.
Peter sat on the bed of an empty hospital room eating a jello while Brendon cleaned up.
"What happened to the patient of this room." Peter asked.
"Um," Brendon said with his back to Peter as he folded blankets, "he died."
Peter froze and stared at Brendon's back, "On this bed?" he asked, fearful of the answer.
"Um, no." Brendon said with a small smile.
He turned to Peter, sat on top of a small table against the wall, "So," he clapped his hands, "how was your date with Sam?"
"We got drunk." Peter said sighing.
"Oh, yeah," Brendon smirked.
"No, it wasn't like that." Peter assured, "Nothing happened....well, actually, I don't remember," he paused, "and we did wake up on my bed together--"
"Aw, yeah!" Brendon cheered.
"No, we didn't do anything," Peter paused again, "well, I did wake up in my underwear--"
"What? Aw, now you have to tell me everything!" Brendon urged.
"Nothing happened, I swear, I hardly remember any of the night. I don't even know how we got home. Then, we got drunk the next day, too. I woke up with no pants, a headache, Sam, her neighbor and a hit on YouTube."
"Do you remember anything at all?" Brendon asked.
"Yes," Peter said letting out a happy sigh, "she looked so nice and she was so grounded, she was just being herself."
"Ah, yes." Brendon grinned, "So, how was it, how did you feel?"
"I don't know, I was so confused!" Peter cried, "I didn't know if I should've kissed her, or grabbed her hand, or taken her home, or buy her flowers....I didn't know what I was doing there or why I even did it and, at the same time, a part of me just wanted to reach out and grab her boobs!"
"I totally understand." Brendon said, "And how's Hash?"
"Who? Oh, I don't know, fine, I guess." Pete set his jello aside, groaned, placed his hands over his face and layed back on the bed, "What is happening? I spent all this time with her and I let her dress me."
"It's easy, Peter." Brendon said bringing up his legs indian style, "You have feelings for her."
"I'm not sure, actually." Peter said sitting up, "I still love Hash, like, alot, I think, even though I hate her too."
"And that's the advantage Sam has over Hash." Brendon reasined, "You don't hate Sam at all."
"I'm still in alot of pain and I need to think." Peter said, "Well, I'll call you up or something, I gotta go pick up my kid." he stood up.
"What's Sam doing right now?" Brendon asked.
"Buying me shoes." Peter answered.
"Wow, Pete," Brendon marveled, "you got to do something. I wish I had a girl that bought me shoes." he raised up his left foot, "My shoes are pretty....odd."
Peter left the hospital, picked Lily up and went back to the apartment building. They parked in the parking lot and walked around the building to the front door. As he and Lily walked hand in hand, Pete noticed the small bushes that lined the walls of the building. The bushes had grown small red flowers. Peter immediately picked the largest one. Pete and Lily rounded the building and walked to the door, but then stopped as they saw Sam walking up the door. Peter hid the flower behind his back.
"I found the shoes!" she said. She opened up the lilac box in her hands.
"Oh, man." Peter said as he stared at the big purple high top sneakers lined with yellow strips, "They're awesome!"
"Do I know you or what?" Sam asked closing the box.
"I wanna carry them!" Lily cried holding up her hands.
Sam gave her the box.
"I know you, too." Peter said and he presented the flower to her.
"Aww," Sam gasped, "it's so pretty!" she gladly accepted the flower.
"Yeah, well, I never give you anything and it reminded me of you because it was prettier than all the rest." Peter said bowing his head shyly.
Sam opened her mouth to reply as the door to the building opened and the manager stepped out.
"Oh, hey, Nigel." Peter said hiding his frustration, "What you been up to?"
"Not much." the manager replied, "I'm just about to go water my favorite bushes that grow along the sides of the building. They just grew their flowers, I tend to them everyday."
Sam's eyes went wide. She hid the flower behind her back, "Have fun." she smiled.
Nigel walked past them, as he did, Sam turned in the spot to conceal the flower behind her back. They waited until he had disappeared.
"You want to take a walk?" Peter asked.
"Yes." Sam grinned.
"Yes!" Lily cheered.
"Okay." Peter said, "Let's go put the shoes inside."
In ten minutes, they were strolling down the park. Peter and Sam walked side by side as Lily skipped happily ahead of them.
A silence had fallen between Sam and Peter, very much like the silences they had late at night. It was as if they knew what was running through each other's heads. They had an understanding, a secret that only they knew, it was a beautiful secret that made them feel peaceful and happy. They walked with their heads bowed, but with knowing, shy smiles on their faces. And they couldn't have chosen a better place to feel what they felt. The warm sun shined on them, the color of the leaves and grass were vibrant, the sound of Lily's feet as they scraped on the cement, the people talking and the children laughing just added to the sweeping feeling that they felt. It was hard not to smile with all the warm things in the atmostphere.
Peter looked down at Sam's stray left hand, the other held her flower. Without even thinking too much about it, Peter carefully slipped his hand into Sam's. They didn't look at each other, they didn't question the act, they didn't say anything. All they knew was that it felt right, their hands felt like they belonged together and they had no problem with it. In fact, they were very okay with it.
They walked down the park with their lips smiling, their cheeks flushed, their hands warm and their chests bubbling.