There's Too Much Green To Feel Blue

The Motherf-ing Princess

Sam and Mike made their way up two floors talking and laughing all the way.
"Man, you're funny." Mike said as they walked into the apartment, "Now I know why Hash hates you."
"Why?" Sam asked curiously as she gathered sketch pads from her couch.
"Because you're cool." Mike answered.
"And Hash is not cool?" Sam asked as she went to the counter to organize her things.
Mike thought for a minute, "Not your kind of cool."
"Huh." Sam said. She had a sudden thought, "You know...never mind."
"What?" Mike asked.
Sam turned to him, "Now that we're on the subject, Hash said that Peter was small in the pants. I wonder how big you are that makes her say Peter's small."
"Ah," Mike smiled, "Say no more." Mike unbuckled his belt and pulled his pants down.
"Ah!" Sam cried out absolutely horrified, "Put it away!"
"Oh, look," Mike cooed, "He likes you."
Sam turned away and covered her eyes, "Jhonny Christ, that was scary." she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and turned to him, "Sit on the floor before I regret bringing you up here."
He pulled up his pants and went to the back wall of the kitchen, "Don't act like you didn't like it." Mike said smirking.
"Oh, I'm not acting." Sam said following him.
They sat on the floor. Mike posed for her while Sam etched quick sketches. Mike was thoroughly enjoying himself but after a while, he grew bored.
"This is starting to feel so blah." he said, "I think I should take my shirt off."
"No, no, we're good." Sam tried to assure him.
"Trust me, I look better with less clothing." Mike said sitting up.
"That's not necessary--no!" Sam attempted to stop him as he tried pulling his shirt off.
"Wait, you don't know what you're doing!" Mike cried with his shirt half off, "There's true inspiration underneath this shirt!"
Mike gripped her shoulders--and the door to the apartment opened. Mike and Sam froze as an oblivious William walked in with a tea cup.
"Princess, I know this is a cliche, but can I have some--" he caught sight of the awkward postion Sam and Mike had frozen in. He dropped the cup and it shattered on the floor, "SUGAR!" he shrieked. He blinked at them, "Mike?!" he cried.
"William?" Mike asked.
"William?" Sam repeated.
"Princess?!" William cried.
"Princess?" Mike looked at Sam confused.
"Princess? With my best friend?" William cried.
"Princess?" Mike repeated.
"I have a name!" Sam cried.
"Sam," William walked into the apartment and stood over them, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"
"Um," Sam glanced at Mike, "drawing."
"Mike," William said incredulously, "that's my girl!"
"Oh!" Mike smiled, "Is this the girl you're been trying to get?"
"Yeah," William stepped forward and helped Mike stand.
"Nice." Mike congrajulated, "She's hot."
"Excuse me, I'm right here!" Sam said indignantly.
William moved forward to help Sam up, "What were you doing and what's all this?" he looked around at all the scattered papers on the floor.
"I told you I was drawing." Sam said as she stood up, "Ugh, I'm going to need Dr. Feel after today."
"What were you drawing with this idiot?" William asked.
Mike fixed his shirt, "Me." he said proudly.
William looked at Sam for an answer.
"I was drawing the idiot." Sam confirmed.
William picked up a few papers from the floor. He studied them and then turned to his friend, "Damn it, Mike, I've been trying all summer to get Sam and you got farther than me in one day! You got your own girl!" he frowned, "Where is your girl?"
"With her husband." Mike said.
"And who's her husband?" William asked.
"Peter." Sam answered.
"No way." William grinned, "Oh, how the plot thickens. This building's starting to turn into Melrose Place." he smiled, "Well, as long as we're both here, how about you draw the two of us?"
Sam made a face, "I'm not sure I want to hang out with either of you anymore."
William cocked his head forward, "I learned a song on my guitar for you."
"Oh!" Sam wrung her hands together, "Which one?"
"I'll play it for you," William smirked, "if you draw me and Mike."
"Deal." Sam said instantly, "Spread out on the floor."
"That's what I like to hear." Mike said.
"Ha." William high-fived him.
Both men sat on the floor.
"Nice outfit, honey." William said as Sam settled on the floor in front of them.
Sam was wearing a short jean skirt and a long, white, v-neck shirt that read in green letters : Livng Dead Girl.
"Thank you, Donatello Versacci." Sam said, "You look nice, too." she said giving his blue v-neck shirt and tight jeans a quick glance, "Make it fierce." Sam said holding up her sketch pad.
"I'm always fierce." William said.
She drew sketches of them for a while before they retreated to William's apartment to hear the new song.
While Sam freaked over the song, Pete and Hash were arguing. Peter was growing tired of this quickly and he didn't want to bring his stress level up any further.
"Hash," he said rubbing his face exasperatedly, "I hate this. You always have to be the star, the center of attention. This arguing is going nowhere." he sighed, "I want you to leave and I don't want you to come back until you're adult enough to talk things out."
"You are telling me to be an adult?" Hash asked half laughing, "Well, someone had a big boy breakfast today."
"I'm serious." Pete said.
Hash shook her head, "No, you're not. This is coming from a man with bad company."
"Bad company?" Peter asked.
"You hang out with a girl who--"
"Who's a happy person." Peter defended, "What is wrong with you, why do you hate her?"
"Because--" Hash cried before she stopped herself, "I don't have to explain anything to you. Now, where is my boyfriend?"
"Come on, let's go." Peter said motioning to the door, "My baby-sitter is looking after your boyfriend."
They went to Sam's apartment and knocked but they got no answer. Peter began to get worried. He didn't like the idea of sweet Sam being with Mike, the supermodel look alike.
"Oh, my God, she's taken my boyfriend." Hash said astonished, "Peter, where are they?"
"Oh, my Lord." Peter placed a hand on his mouth, "Maybe I should call her."
William's door burst open. William came out, followed by Sam and then Mike. Sam was dancing, William and Mike banged their hands on the wall to the beat of Sam's singing.
"Get it girl, get it, get it, girl." Sam sang, "Get it girl, get it, get it, girl. To the front, to the side, to the back but don't let 'em ride. Keep goin' girl it's your night, don't let them steal your light. I know he thinks you're fine and stuff, but does he know how to wind you up?"
William and Mike stopped banging on the wall and danced on their feet.
"Mike!" Hash cried out.
"Sam!" Peter cried.
"Peter." Sam immediately ran to him.
"So, we all come face to face." William walked over and stood next to Sam, Peter and Hash. William arched an eyebrow, "My, do we have a big mess on our hands."
"Who are you?" Hash asked him.
William glanced at Peter, then Sam, quickly licked his lips and said, "I'm--"
"My neighbor." Sam interuppted. She had caught the look he had given to Peter and was fearful of what he would say, "He's my neighbor."
"Mike, what were you doing?" Hash asked.
"I was having fun, babe." Mike answered.
"No," Hash said, "you don't have fun with her!"
"What? She's badass!" Mike said smiling at Sam.
Furious, Hash grabbed Mike's wrist and pulled him away. William folded his arms and laughed.
"See ya, Sam!" Mike called out, "William, call me if ya'll are ever hanging out."
"Yeah," William called back.
They watched Hash and Mike leave.
"Badass." Peter grumbled. He unknowingly grabbed Sam's hand.
"What? I am badass." Sam said.
"Yeah, but you're only badass with me." Pete opened Sam's door and pulled her inside.
"Bye, William!" Sam called.
William blew her a kiss before Peter closed the door.
Five minutes later, Pete and Sam left to pick up Lily and then returned to Peter's apartment.
"Sam, I'm hungry." Lily said, "Can you make me something to eat?"
"Yeah, me too, all I ate was fruit today," Peter smiled, "during our foreplay."
Sam stopped rummaging through the kitchen and giggled.
Lily looked up at her father, "Daddy, what's fore--"
"Lily, why don't you show me the clothes grandma bought you?" Peter said quickly.
Lily made a face, "I didn't like the clothes grandma bought me."
"Well, you only have to wear them in front of grandma." Peter said.
"Lily," Sam called, "do you want a warm casserole?"
"Si!" Lily said loudly.
Peter looked at her curiously. Sam smiled.
"I've been teaching Lily some spanish." she said.
Pete bent down toward Lily, "Go get the clothes."
Lily ran to her room. Peter straightened up and turned to Sam, "I never asked you, how do you know spanish?"
Sam didn't look at him, "I, um, lived three years of my life in Mexico City with a friend."
Peter stared at her, "Sam, those are the kind of things that I don't know about you from before we met. I don't even know anything about your parents."
"It's no big deal, Peter." Sam said. She walked to the living room and looked out the side window.
"Yes, it is, Sam." Peter said, "Just tell me one thing, one thing about your parents."
Sam sighed heavily, turned and stood in front of Peter, "All right, my father's from New York and my mom is from here, Chicago. I have my father's eyes and my mom's body."
Peter looked over at her and tried to picture a man and woman that could've raised Sam.
"Thanks, Sam." Peter said, he opened his arms and pulled Sam into them, "Was that hard?"
"Actually, yeah." Sam said from his shoulder.
"I'm sorry," Peter stroked her hair, "I needed to know."
"Maybe you do." Sam said.
"What?" Peter asked.
"Nothing." Sam said.
Peter smiled, "So, is your mom as hot as you?"
Sam laughed, wrapped her arms around Pete's neck and hugged him tighter.
"Do you have your mother's hair?" Peter asked.
"Yes." Sam answered.
"Okay," Peter said, "no more questions."
"Thanks." Sam pulled away and went to the kitchen.
Sam stayed there until the clock striked two in the morning. She exited the apartment and stood on the threshold so that Peter could say good night.
He gave her a hug, a kiss on the cheek and held both her hands, "Are you sure you don't want to stay longer?"
"Why, do you still want to have sex with me?" Sam smiled.
"What?" Peter asked.
"Nothing." she gave him a final hug and walked away.
Peter stared at her, "Do you want to--?"
"Good night!" Sam called.
Sam was heading to her doorway when William opened his door.
"Is it sleepy time?" he asked her.
"Yeah." Sam said.
He smiled at her, "Come here, give me a kiss good night."
Sam had no way to prepare for what happened next. In three seconds, William stepped forward, dipped her and kissed her. Then he let her go.
Sam gasped, "William!"
"Yes, baby." he said placidly.
Sam was so scandalized, she lost her breath, "Good one." she breathed before swiftly entering her apartment.
William smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Peter sat behind the counter with papers spread out in front of him. He was at work with finances but he wasn't paying attention. He was telling Sam everything that had happened the day before with Hash. They hadn't talked about it the day before because he wanted to keep Sam in high spirits.
"So, now, I really need a lawyer." Peter concluded.
"Ugh, lawyers." Sam said from the couch, "If we didn't have lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers." she stretched her leg out and stared at her foot.
She wore a white shirt, very short cut-offs, a long gray v-neck top that hid the shorts and black flats.
"I guess so." Peter said.
Sam lowered her foot and sat up straight, "Whoa," she said, "I just had deja vu!"
"Really?" Peter asked.
"Yeah about you saying 'I guess so' and me staring at my foot!" Sam exclaimed, "Trippy stuff."
Peter chuckled.
Lily came into the living room, "Hey, Sam!"
Sam stared at her, "Oh, my gosh, you look so cute!"
Lily was wearing a long white dress with thick straps, her small hair was loose.
"Someone is looking fierce!" Sam cried out. She got on her knees and looked her over, "Fa-bu-lous!"
"Really?" Lily gushed.
"Yes, I'm jealous!" Sam said, "Did you your grandma buy it for you?"
"No, daddy did." Lily said.
"Is that so?" Sam looked at Peter, "Nice." she complimented, "very chic. Why don't you buy me sexy dresses?"
"You're sexy by yourself?" Peter said.
Sam shrugged, "I won't argue with that one."
Lily turned to Peter, "Can I have some juice?"
"Yeah, baby, just be careful." Peter answered.
Lily went to the fridge and opened it, "There's no juice left."
"Okay, honey, we'll get some later, can you wait?" Peter asked.
"Yes." Lily said.
Sam got up, went to the counter and leaned forward toward Peter, "There's a law firm down by the next street you could check out."
"Yeah," Peter said, "I probably might."
"Okay, I'll be right back, I'm going to go buy some juices for Lily." she headed toward the door.
"I'll go with you, Sam." Lily ran to her. Sam took her hand.
"Be careful, both of you." Peter said protectively.
They exited the apartment.
Five minutes later, Sam burst into the apartment out of breath. Peter nearly fell out of his chair.
"Peter, I just saw Hash. She was headed down the direction of the law firm!"
Peter immediately stood up, "No"
Without a word, they ran as fast as they could out of the apartment, into the elevator, through the lobby and out into the busy streets. Far in the distance, Peter saw the flash of red-brown that was most definetely Hash's hair. Hash sensed the pair of eyes staring at her. She turned and saw Pete and Sam frozen outside the apartment building. Hash turned back and began to run.
"The hunt is on!" Sam declared as they ran.
They dodged the people surrounding them. They both knew how incredibly important this was so they ran with all the strenght they had. They ran and ran. Hash wasn't getting too far ahead. She was running on pointy high heels. However, she was still ahead. Sam and Peter were determined to stop her from getting to the law firm by reaching it first. Peter was running faster than Sam. He had a clear five feet on her. Sam wasn't worried about catching up as long as they reached the law firm first.
William was standing next to a nearby ice cream vendor with a cone in his hand. He saw Peter run by. He glanced at him and didn't think much of it. Then Sam ran by. Immediately alerted, William threw the ice cream aside. Not pausing to see that it landed in an old lady's face, he ran after Sam.
Without warning, Sam slipped on a sudden dip in the pavement. As she began to fall, William reached out and caught her.
She looked at him, "You have long legs!" she realized.
William smirked, "That's not all I have that's--"
"William," Sam said, "if you can reach the law firm before her," she pointed at Hash, "I swear, on Freddie Mercury's grave, that I will sleep with you."
William ran full speed ahead, pumping his legs as fast as they would go. He easily surpassed Peter within seconds.
Sam ran ahead and caught up to Peter. In the distance, they could see Hash crossing over to the following street where the law firm stood in the middle. But William was right on her tail. He smoothly ran by Hash and he disappeared into the crowd.
"Oh, my God, Peter, I think William reached it." Sam cried.
They ran even faster. They stopped two building's before the firm as they saw William run over and touch the door. And then everything happened in slow motion. Sam and Peter were about to celebrate, when Hash stepped up next to William. William, to their utter horror, pulled the door open and let her pass. Hash smirked at Sam and Pete as she stepped into the law firm.
Sam and Peter felt their stomachs drop in disappointment.
"Damn it," Peter said. He turned and began a slow walk to the apartment.
Sam watched him walk. She turned and William was right behind her.
"Finally?" he asked, "Can we do it right now?" he stepped forward to place his arms around her.
"William, you scrotum head!" Sam pushed him away, "Why'd you let Hash into the firm?"
"You didn't say not to. You just said to get there first." William explained, "I kept my end of the deal, now you have to keep yours."
"No!" Sam pushed him away, "we'll talk about this later!"
She ran and caught up to Peter. They walked in silence to the apartment's. Lily and Robert greeted them in the lobby.
"Daddy, did you win the race?" Lily asked.
"No, your mother did." Peter grumbled.
"She cheated." Sam said.
Peter sighed, grabbed Lily's hand and they headed to the elevator.
In the apartment, Lily watched cartoons in the living room while Sam and Peter rested on their backs on Pete's bed.
"I can't believe we went through all that for nothing." Peter said.
"I know, now I'm paying for it with prostitution." Sam said.
Peter looked at her, "What?"
"Nothing." Sam said.
Peter pulled up a long pillow from next to him and layed it out between them. They both rested their heads on it. Peter turned to look at her but Sam remained her back.
"Don't worry, Peter, that law firm looked cheap anyways." Sam tried to make him feel better, "I'll find you one that's really good."
"The good one's cost money." Peter said.
"I'll find you one in your price range." Sam said, "I'm sure my parents must know someone."
Peter smiled, placed his fingers on Sam's cheek and tried turning her head to face him. Sam smiled and purposefully moved away. Peter moved toward her. Again, Sam moved away, Peter followed her. They did this until they had gone all over the bed. Sam finally settled next to Peter on the pillow. But, to tease him just a little more, Sam turned over so he faced her back. Peter didn't mind. He merely placed an arm around her and pulled himself closer to her.