There's Too Much Green To Feel Blue

Chain Me Free

The next morning, Sam awoke and gathered things for a shower. She went to her bathroom, looked into the mirror and let out a frightened squeal. All over her neck were small purple splotches. She turned her neck and examined it in the mirror. She touched each spot with her fingers.
"Oh, my God, I've woken up with Chris Angel's neck!" she cried disgustedly, "That rat bastard." she swore at Pete.
She showered and quickly dressed in black skinny pants, a black jacket, a neon blue shirt and blue converse. She searched every room for her favorite black scarf to cover her ugly hickies but she couldn't find it. Frustrated, she headed out.
William exited his apartment at the same time she did.
"Aw, man," he placed a hand on his mouth and pointed at her, "He marked you!"
"Well, good morning." Sam said annoyed.
"You're dirty." William said.
"Go fuck yourself." Sam said irritably.
She stomped into Peter's apartment a short while later. Peter was standing next to the couch. To no surprise, his neck was also covered in purple spots.
"You did this to me." Sam accused, pointing a finger at her throat, "You suck."
"Clearly," he said surveying his neck, "Well, what are you complaining about? Nobody has to see you, you can stay home all day. I have to go to work."
"Don't worry, I'll help you. Is my scarf here?" Sam asked.
"Yeah, I have a bunch of your stuff all over the place. I think I live in your closet." Peter said turning to the kitchen.
"Ha ha ha ha ha." Sam said sarcastically.
"What's with you?" Peter asked turning back.
"I hate hickey's, Peter!" Sam stamped her foot.
"You let me do them to you!" Peter defended.
"You tricked me!" Sam said.
"Sam, sit down and have some tea." Peter said.
"Not without my scarf." Sam said.
She finally left the closed doorway and began to search for her scarf. She searched behind the couch.
"Yah, I found my bag!" She pulled out a big teal bag.
She placed it on the couch arm, opened it up and rummaged through it.
"Peter, don't get dressed." Sam called out.
"All right!" Peter said excitedly from the kitchen.
"I'm going to put make-up on you, Hello Kitty." Sam explained, "Go to your room, I'll be right there."
Peter obeyed and went to the room while Sam searched for her scarf. After ten minutes, she gave up. She went to the room with the bag.
"Peter!" Sam scolded when she saw him seated on the bed.
He was wearing his black work pants and his collared white shirt unbuttoned and open.
"What? You took too long." Peter said.
Sam sighed and placed her bag next to him.
Peter grinned, "You didn't give me a kiss today."
"Yeah, well, you did plenty of that." Sam pointed at her neck.
"Are you really mad at me?" Peter asked, half laughing.
"No." Sam admitted, "But, damn it, Peter, I really hate hickeys! People are either going to think we're both whores or that we tried to choke each other."
"Okay, okay, so we got a little carried away." Peter said.
Sam grabbed a bottle of foundation and a sponge, "We'll have to hide these from Lily."
"I know." Peter said.
"Hold still." Sam instructed.
She quickly applied the foundation on his neck and spread it as she stood over him. Sam kept applying until the spots were less visible. Lily came in, sat next to Peter and watched. Sam zipped her jacket up to try to hide her spots but it didn't help much.
"What are you doing?" Lily asked.
"Putting make up on your dad." Sam said.
"Why?" Lily asked.
"Because he wants to look pretty." Sam smiled.
"Me, I want some!" Lily said excitedly.
"Okay." Sam pretended to put make up on Lily.
"Do I look pretty?" Lily asked.
"You always look pretty, baby." Peter said. He looked at Sam, "Just like Sam."
"Yay!" Lily cheered.
"Go see yourself, baby." Peter encouraged.
Lily jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom. Sam threw the make up in the bag and Peter slid his hands around her waist. He layed back on the bed and gently layed back on the bed and gently pulled her on top of him.
"Peter!" Sam scolded.
"You didn't say good morning." Peter said.
Sam placed her hands on his bare chest and kissed him. Peter chuckled and gave her ear a quick nibble. Sam quickly pulled away.
"Peter!" Sam said half laughing, "That's how I got these!" she pointed at her neck.
"You liked it!" Peter said.
Sam smiled, slipped her arms around his stomach and layed her head on his chest. Peter placed his hands on her back and squeezed her closer to him.
"You're really not mad at me, right?" Peter asked again.
"No." Sam answered, "You said I was pretty." she added.
"Yeah." Peter said in an almost surpised tone, "Why, you don't want me to say it?"
"No, it's just nice to hear, I guess." Sam said.
Peter grinned and kissed the top of her head.
"You hungry?" Sam asked.
"No." Peter said.
"Yes, you are, you're starving." Sam said, "I want a melon!" she tried to get up but Peter held her back.
She leaned up, gave him a quick kiss and then Peter allowed her to climb off. After they ate, Peter had to immediately take off.
"Wait, where's my scarf?" Sam called as he began to step out the door.
"In my closet, top shelf." Peter called back.
Sam waited until he left before she ran to the closet and grabbed her scarf. She went to the bathroom mirror, fitted it around her neck and then visited Lily in her room.
"Lily, come here." Sam said. She got down on her knees as Lily came up to her, "Lily, I want to go out and do some things but I don't want your father to know about it."
"Uhu." Lily nodded.
"What am I going to have to do to get you to keep quiet--"
"Three toys and a happy meal." Lily interrupted in a business-like tone, "And," she raised a finger, "an ice cream cone."
Sam nodded, "We can do that. Let's go."
So Sam and Lily spent the day out, Lily happily playing with her new toys while Sam checked out all the law firms she hadn't seen the day before. It was very tiring work for Lily. After a few hours, Sam had to carry her and that made her tired. Sam gave up near lunch time. She took Lily for her happy meal and then they headed home.
"And what do we do if daddy starts asking questions?" Sam asked as they entered the apartment.
"Act stupid and deny everything." Lily responded.
"That's my girl." Sam said satisfied.
It was a long Friday for Peter. His job seemed to stretch on forever. He was already looking forward to spending the weekend with Sam. As soon as it was time, he raced back home. He burst into the apartment in an almost crazy manner.
"Daddy!" Lily yelled. She ran to him.
Sam scooped her up and carried her to Peter.
"My babies." Peter said. He placed an arm around Sam. He kissed Lily's cheek and then kissed Sam's.
"Dad." Lily stretched her arms out.
Sam handed Lily over. Lily wrapped her arms around Peter's neck.
"Muah. Muah. Muah." she said as she gave Peter three kisses on his cheek.
"My little girl." Peter cooed. He bent down and let her on the floor, "Go play, daddy needs to talk to Sam." He stood back up as Lily walked away. "Did you take care of your love spots?"
"The scarf worked fine." Sam said, "But I'm putting on make up tomorrow."
Unless I make new ones." Peter grinned and pulled her toward him. He kissed her and rested his arms on her shoulders, "So, what did you do today?"
"Um..." Sam said, "....think about you?"
Peter laughed, "Right, what'd you do?"
"I did think about you." Sam said, "And I watched Will and Grace re-runs. I love Jack and Karen, they're my favorite."
Peter smiled, "I'm tired."
"Let's watch some tv." Sam suggested.
They sat and flipped through channels.
"Wouldn't it be cool to learn a Bollywood dance?" Sam asked randomly after a few minutes of silence.
Peter turned to her, "What?"
"You know, what they do in the end of every Middle Eastern movie? It would be awesome." Sam said.
Why do I like you?" Peter asked, "You're so weird."
"Yeah, you're un poco loco en el coco, too." Sam said.
"But you're still my girl." Peter said embracing her.
"Mmm," Sam said, "Anything to get in my pants."
Peter laughed, "My girl." he said. He pulled her closer. "Take that scarf off, I'm giving you more." he teased. He reached for the scarf.
"No!" Sam licked her thumb and rubbed off some of the make up on his neck, revealing a purple spot.
"I'll get you." Peter threw himself on top of her and they wrestled.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Saturday, Sam was at Peter's apartment bright and early. She wore a small red dress and white shorts so tiny that the dress completely covered them. Peter wore a white shirt, jeans and a brown jacket. Sam, Pete and Lily spent the morning lounging around the living room talking and laughing. They were beginning to make plans to go out and have a fun day but a simple knock on the door obliterated that idea. Lily immediately ran and hid behind the couch when Hash walked in.
"Good morning." Hash chirped.
"Well, it was." Sam said from the couch.
"What do you want?" Peter said completely annoyed.
"My daughter." Hash answered.
"Right." Peter said standing up and stretching.
"Sam!" Mike's voice came from the hallway.
Sam stood up and headed to the door. Peter quickly reached out and grabbed Sam's wrist.
"No." he whispered.
Sam scowled, "Yes." she whispered back. She pulled away roughly.
Hash was suddenly pushed back as Mike ran into the apartment. Sam calmly walked to him and gave him a hug.
"He comes with me just to see her." Hash said through gritted teeth.
"Bastard." Pete said also through gritted teeth.
"Did you get my text about that girl I saw in the street?" Mike asked.
"Yes and I got the picture." Sam answered, "That girl was not Cameron Diaz."
"It totally was!" Mike cried.
"Nope." Sam shook her head.
"Anyways," Hash said loudly, "hand over Lily."
"Lily, do you want to go with your mother?" Peter asked grinning.
"No," Lily said from behind the couch, "I really don't want to go."
"How badly do you not want to go?" Peter asked his grin wondering. He rarely ever got to torture Hash.
"Bad enough to lock myself in the room." Lily said.
Pete and Sam quickly turned. Lily sprang from behind the couch. Pete and Sam threw themselves after her. But Lily was too fast. She ran into her room and slammed the door. Peter and Sam stood in front of the door and sighed.
"Did you tell Hash about us?" Sam whispered.
"No." Peter whispered back, "I thought you would've told Mike."
"I didn't tell anybody!" Sam hissed, "Except William." she mutterred.
"Me neither." Peter hissed back, "Except Lily. Lily, honey, open the door." Peter knocked.
"Is Hash gone?" Lily asked through the door.
"No." Peter answered. Sam stamped his foot.
"I'm not coming out!" Lily cried.
"Lily, she's your mother." Peter pleaded, hopping on one foot.
"She's a pink car!" Lily yelled.
That means she's bad." Sam whispered, "Are you going to tell Hash?"
"I'm not sure." Peter said, "She probably already knows. Even if she doesn't, I'm not going to tell her right now."
"Wait," Sam said, "does Lily's room have a lock?"
Peter frowned, "No." he placed his hand on the knob and opened the door.
They stepped into the room, Lily was nowhere in sight.
"Lily?" Peter said surveying the room.
"In her closet, inside her box of toys." Sam said knowingly.
Peter opened the closet and opened the chest of toys.
"I'm staying in my box." Lily declared.
"Lily--" Peter began.
"Peter, leave it. She's in her toy box of emotion." Sam said gesturing with her hands, "I'll get her out, go take care of Cruella Deville over there."
"Wait, daddy." Lily said. Sam and Pete turned to her.
"If I get out of here, I have to leave with Hash, right?"
"Yes, Lily." Peter said.
She sighed, "Okay, daddy, I'll go quietly."
"Well, geez, Lily," Peter lowered himself onto his knees, "you're not being arrested."
"Well, think about it," Sam said, "she's unwillingly being handed over to two people who are going to watch her closely until we're there to take her out. Lily, you're under arrest."
"Come on, Lily." Peter sighed. He scooped her up and carried her over to the living room.
Hash smiled at Lily, "You ready to go?"
Lily stared at Hash and kept her mouth shut.
"She's using her right to remain silent." Sam said. She wrapped her arms around herself, "It's cold in here, there must be a White Witch in the atmosphere."
"What do you mean?" Mike asked.
"Well, it wasn't cold until Mr. Freeze's girlfriend showed up." Sam said.
"Ha!" Mike cried. Hash frowned and opened her mouth.
"Go get a jacket from my closet, hunny." Peter said quickly.
While Sam turned and walked to Pete's room, Hash and Mike turned and gave each other questioning looks at the word 'hunny'.
Lily placed her small hand on his mouth. "You use your right to remain silent."
"Let's leave now." Hash urged.
"No, I want to say bye to Sam. I like her." Lily said.
"Me too." Mike grinned.
"Mike!" Hash scolded.
"Sam, get out here!" Peter cried, his blood boiling over Mike's comment.
Sam returned with a bright baby blue jacket.
"You look smokin', Sam." Mike said.
"Your ass will be smokin' in about three seconds--" Pete began.
"Lily, earmuffs." Sam cried.
"Mike, shut up!" Hash yelled.
"Whoa, whoa!" Sam cried raising up her arms, "Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind up in here!"
"You're right." Peter agreed, "Both of you, get out."
"Wait, Peter!" Hash raised up both hands, "There's something I haven't told you."
"Good God, you're a man." Peter blurted out.
"I was thinking the same thing." Sam said.
"She can't be a man." Mike protested, "She had a baby."
"Well, men can do that now!" Sam said.
"Egh, you're right." Mike said giving Hash a doubtful stare.
"We set the trial date on a Saturday, two weeks from now." Hash interrupted.
Sam and Pete inhaled sharply. Yup, he rarely ever got to torture Hash because Hash was always torturing him first.
Peter recovered quickly, "That's fine." he said.
"Wonderful." Hash smiled. She opened her arms, "Come on, Lily."
Lily made a sour face at Hash.
"Bye, baby." Pete kissed Lily's forehead.
"Bye, Lils." Sam kissed Lily's cheek and then ran quickly to grab Lily's bag. Lily kept a tight hold on her father until Sam came back.
"Let's go, Lily." Hash urged.
"Say bye, little girl." Mike said.
"I'll miss you, baby." Peter said.
"I'll miss you, too, Lily." Sam said.
"Ya'll gonna make me act a fool up in here." Lily grumbled.
Sam and Pete laughed. Mike and Hash quickly left with Lily. When they did, Sam and Peter turned to each other.
Sam placed her hands on her cheeks, "Oh......my.......Chemical Romance! Your trial is in two weeks!"
"Don't worry about it. If worse comes to worse, I'll get one of the lawyers from the station." Peter said calmly.
"You sure?" Sam said mentally rifling through all the lawyers she had seen in the past two days.
"Yeah, it'll be fine." Peter assured. He pulled her in and gave her a hug, "Thanks, though, for caring, I mean."
"Sure." Sam said hugging him again, "Pete." she murmured the last word.