Status: New story! don't excpect me to finish the other ones.. i gave up on those O.o

Aim, Fire

Ch.2

Although I was terribly contrite for scaring off the game, I was still annoyed. I set out towards the Spine, the trading center for our village. I decided I’d trade the fur pelt of the fox, which I skinned after he left, with the fur trader.

“Hey Colin. Got something for you.” I set the fur on the booth’s table as a tall twenty year old turned around.

“Erin,” he said, with a light Scottish accent, “ Good to see you again! You know, I sold one of your wolf pelts for quite a sum the other day.” he smile affably.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Real nice price, it was. So… I suppose I owe you a little something…” He pulled out a small pouch from his pocket, the coins inside jingling voluminously.

“For me??” I asked incredulously.

“Sure is! Seems that your furs are bringin’ in quite the profit for me! Figured I owe you a little extra each time you brought in a new one.” He gestured to the fox pelt.

“Thanks Colin!” I looked at the sun… it must be three by now.. “ I have to go now, mom’ll be worried if I don’t come home soon. I’ll see you next time I come to the Spine!” I waved.

“Alright, Bye Erin!”

Before I left though, I bought a fresh loaf of bread from the baker, and, as I always did, visited the weaponry. I waved to the blacksmith, but he was arguing with a merchant, and didn’t see me. I looked at all the armor, helmets, and mallets, but hurried to what I really wanted to see. The arrows with steal heads, and beautifully crafted swords. I sighed when I saw the price of a bundle of thirteen arrows; eighty four silvers. I didn’t have that kind of money! The most I earned with every fur was half a silver, after I had bought food and cloth! I sighed, and continued home.

“Mother!,” I shut the door, “ I’m home!”

“Erin, dear! How was the hunting?” My mother asked me. She was currently working on sewing a neighbors dress for money.

“Fine.” I set my weapons in the corner, and slouched into the threadbare chair near the miniature fireplace.

“Good. You came across no trouble?”

I sighed. “I came across a boy. I owe him some food, but that’s it! It will all be taken care of tomorrow.”

“He wasn’t.. of… nobility, was he?”

“No. He was common.”

“Good. You have to be careful in those dreadfully enigmatic woods, Erin. We can’t afford to be in any sort of trouble. Especially with them.” By which she meant the magic users.

“I know mom.” I sighed, again.

I was careful in the woods, always! She should be aware of that by now. Nevertheless, I rose from the chair to get dinner ready, like every other night. We ate in silence, as usual. Dinner was never awkward when you’re stuffing your mouth, trying to satiate the hunger that never left. Luckily, you can usually forget about the hunger, when you fall asleep before your head hit’s the pillow. Which was exactly what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter doesn't have much in it... but the good parts coming!!