Status: New story! don't excpect me to finish the other ones.. i gave up on those O.o

Aim, Fire

Ch.3

When I woke up, the moon was still out. Goodness knows how that happened. Stupid, scrawny rooster waking me up at three in the morning! oh well, I thought, at least I’ll get a good head start on that pompous fools dinner. and I did. It was a nice catch too; wild turkey. I caught two, though, so we would both eat good tonight. I had to wait a bit, about six hours, before he came up. I decided to show him just how lousy a shot I was. I was again perched in a tree, when he came my way. I aimed, just barely above his head, so he would feel the wind and hear the sing of my arrow. I shot. He fell to the ground, as the arrow nestled itself into the tree behind him, and I jumped down.

“Oh dear. It seems your right after all. I am a terrible shot!” He jumped up, his face red. It delighted me.

“It seems you’ve proven me wrong.” he muttered, disconcerted.

I tossed the turkey at his chest. “There. My debt is paid.”

“…A turkey? That’s the best you could do?” He smiled! That jerk!

“ If you don’t want it, then give it back!”

“ For such a lousy shot, you couldn’t get something.. I dunno…bigger?”

“This. Is. THE WOODS! What exactly did you have in mind?!”

“How about bear?”

A bear?! Was he mad? “ I’m a scrawny fifteen year old girl! How on earth do you expect me to take down a bear? Magic, perhaps?”

“It’s worth a shot. Better’n this lousy thing.” He held the turkey away from his body like the plague was buried beneath the feathers.

I scowled. “Fine then!” I snatched the turkey, and headed back home. “Go and catch yourself a bear, okay? And let me know how it turns out!” I didn’t think he was following me, but then he grabbed my shoulder. I turned around, my hand on my hip.

“Yes, you pompous fool?”

“Look. I’m sorry okay? I’ll take the turkey, I’ll eat the dreadful thing, and were even, alright?” He held out his hand for the turkey. I handed it back to him, a little regretfully; I wouldn’t have minded bringing back some more food, really.

“Okay.” I continued walking, expecting him to go back the way he came, but he kept following me. At first I didn’t say anything. But then it got a little awkward. I opened my mouth to ask him what he thought he was
doing, but he beat me to it.

“So. My saviour has saved me indeed from a terrible possibility of death from hunger! And I don’t even know thy name!” He stopped In front of me, and made a bow. “ Amery, never at your service!” he looked at me expectantly. I hesitated for a moment. Should I tell him my name?

“Erin Stone. Never at your service.” Might as well.

He smirked, “Alright then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very interesting.... but.. it will be!