Status: Updated 2/21/15 :)

She's Syn Through and Through

Home Sweet Home

I can’t believe I’m doing this.

That was the only sentence Aribella was able to form in her head as she drove down the private drive she hadn’t seen in 4 years.

“God it’s so beautiful here.” Her best friend Noah expressed. Ari laughed.

“Are you kidding me? Beautiful should not describe this. The beach is what is mesmerizing.” She stated.

Aribella Syn Haner(Ari or Syn for short) had everything, great parents and wonderful family, lots of really good friends, she’d seen the world by the time her 12th birthday rolled around, she’s had boyfriends a plenty, but one day she just stopped. She simply stopped. She didn’t want anything she had. So at 14 she grabbed her credit card, a stash of cash she’s had since six, a Nike duffel bag full of a few outfits, her identification, some pictures, a camera, and she carried her guitar. Her first stop was New York then Miami and her final stop was Las Vegas where she had stayed up until a few days prior.

While she called her parents a few times to let them know she was okay, she talked to no one in Huntington. Since she left her parents have moved to Paris leaving their house to her brother, Brian. Also her brother’s band had blown up and is a major fixture in metal and hard rock music today. She always knew her brother you make it big.

“Hey Ari, is that your house?” Noah asked sitting up more in her seat. Ari followed the direction of her best friend’s eyes. Sure enough there was her old childhood home her best friend has only seen in pictures. There were a few cars parked in the driveway. Ari slowed done and turned in being sure to park far enough to the side the other cars could leave. She turned down the radio having it replaced by the sound of drums coming from the house. A smile instantly graced her face.

She took a deep breath and opened her door. Noah got out as well. You could tell she was excited. Ari opened the trunk and pulled out her bag. She left home with the same and returned with the same. They walked up to the door and Noah rang the door bell. No answer, so she hit the button again. Fumbling could be heard and then the long awaited footsteps made it to the door. The dead bolt was turned, and the door was pulled open. Matt Sanders stood looking confused at the two teenage girls in front of him.

“Um, can I help… you?” He said with a questioning tone.

“Yeah you could go get my brother and tell him that Ari said to get his ass down here.” She spoke with a smile. Matt’s eyes light up.

“Ari Syn Haner, where the fuck have you been?” He yelled while he pushed open the door and allowed the two girls to walk in. Before she could stand back up from putting her bag down, Matt had Ari in a bear hug gripping on to her for dear life. He was the exact same since she last saw him just he had a few more tattoos.

“Hell, you grew up.” He stated giving her a once over. Ari blushed and he smiled at her. Same old Matt, always had been the charmer. He held up his index finger telling the girls to wait a minute. He walked to the stairs and started to shout.

“Haner, you’ve got a delivery!” His voice boomed and Ari wondered how he still had a voice after all these years of screaming.

“Can’t you just sign for it?” Brian yelled back down.

“I don’t think you can sign for women, Haner.” Matt replied. Shuffling and swear words came in response followed by what sounded like a herd of elephants coming down the stairs. Brian looked confused as he stared at the two girls standing in his foyer.

“Can I help you?” He finally asked.

“Yeah, you could let me stay here.” Ari stated with a smile which just made the guys even more confused except Matt, he was just smiling.

“What the fuck, I don’t know you.”

“Oh but you do dear. I’m the Syn to your Synyster.” She said. Brian looked deep in thought then it clicked. Their mom said that because they were always together when they did something to get in trouble.

“No the fucking way, Ari?” He articulated.

“The one and only” She said with a smile and held out her arms waiting for a hug.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck, Fuck! My baby girl is back!” He shouted while wrapping his arms around her and held on along time to pass ever so slowly.

“Where have you been?” He whispered.

“Everywhere but here” She stated.

“I missed the shit out of you Syn.”

“Me to Brian.” They released each other then Ari came into contact with Jimmy’s chest.

“Synny-cakes!” He yelled. Jimmy had known her the longest out of all the other band members.

“I was hoping you would have forgot that nickname.” Ari grumbled.

“Psh, I could never forget the second greatest name I’ve ever come up with.” She just laughed. Jimmy was her own personal sleeping pill. Every night when she was younger, he would come into her room and they would just talk and she would sleep the entire night. That may sound weird but if Jimmy were to miss a night she would be lucky to get 4 hours of sleep and when she left, she couldn’t sleep for almost 2 months. She still wakes up every night to the day.

Next, she hugged Johnny. She hadn’t known him for long but he was her family.

“Hey kiddo, where you been?” He asked as he pulled away from her but held on to her shoulders to get a good look at her. Her face was stunning. She had the high cheekbones that ran in the Haner genes along with the raven colored hair. Her chocolate brown eyes poured into yours but to the untrained eye appeared slightly aggressive. Her lips were full and a perfect shade of rose. Her hair was the perfect kind of bed-head but flawless at the same time. Her body had since filled out over the 4 years she was gone and was adorned with a tan that was just dark enough to contrast with her hair and make her eyes pop. She had curves Marilyn Monroe would be jealous of.

“I’ve been good, really good but I thought it was time to come home.” She stated. They grinned at each other and Ari moved onto the last boy remaining, the one and only Zacky Vengeance.

“Hey pooh bear.” He said as he engulfed her in a warm hug. Butterflies started to lightly flutter in the pit of her stomach. She didn’t even like Zacky that way. He had that effect on her, her entire life. Zacky was just beautiful but not her type.

“Hey Zacky, “She said coolly with a smile. When Brian wasn’t around, Ari and Zacky were the ones wrecking havoc on the world. They pulled away from each other and turned back to the group. Ari noticed Noah standing to the side with a big smile but you could tell she felt awkward.

“Oh guys, this is Noah. She will be crashing here with me.” Ari shared.

“Awesome” Brian stated while smirking at Noah and looking her up and down. To say she was gorgeous would be an understatement. The girl was perfect all the way around. Long blonde hair that was stick straight, a moderate tan that made her glow, eyes the color of freshly cut grass, and of course a rockin’ bod. You could tell that Brian was instantly attracted to her.

“So are you fuck-tards just going to stand there all day or show us to our rooms.” Ari stated with a playful smirk.

“Oh you wanna see your room, huh?” Brian urged with a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

“No, I just said that to be polite. It’s not everyday you get a compliment like fuck tard.” Her sarcasm earned her a chuckle from the guys and a good-natured glare from her brother. In one swift movement, Brian grabbed her, threw her over his shoulder and spun around making her dizzy, than ran up the stairs to her old room.

“Here you are lil’ sis. I hope you don’t mind we painted it. Pink was just too damn girly to be in my house.” Ari made a disgusted face at the mention of her former pink walls. She had always hated them. Brian laughed.

“Thank God you did.” She stated before Brian walked out to go show Noah to her room. Ari’s room was just what she liked. A dark, vibrant red plagued the walls while white trim accented them and black carpeted floor. The bed was king sized. A black canopy surrounded the bed while a red and white bedspread decorated the mattress. Multiple black pillows accented the bed. The black headboard reached all the way to the ceiling with some shelves near the top. On each side of her bed were black end tables with rose petals between the table and the glass top, pictures frames with black and white photos, cherry scented candles also shared the space. There was a large flat screen with shelves surrounding it holding various knick- knacks and DVD’s. To the right of the entertainment center was a desk containing a desktop computer, printer, a small light, and a corkboard/ dry erase board hung above it. On the opposite side of the room was a sitting area with a leather couch and chair sitting on top of a leopard print carpet. A coffee table sat in the middle with a large deathbat engraved into its black surface. Her closet and bathroom were located trough an arch way with curtains for doors. In the center of the small hall there was a chair and a small table underneath a round mirror. To the left was the bathroom decorated in a Japanese garden theme and on the right was her large closet. The walls were lined with cherry wood shelving units and mirrors. In the middle of the room was a large square unit that contained shoe racks and drawers. On top of the unit was a fish tank filled with exotic fish and plant life.

Ari smiled to herself. She had one thought on her mind and that was to go shopping for a new wardrobe since she only brought a duffel bag home with her. She walked out of the closet and out of her room to see how Noah was coming along.

“Hey killer, do you like it?” Ari asked her best friend whose room was done in a New York theme.

“Do I like it? I fucking love it!” She exclaimed and fell backwards onto the bed behind her.

“Anyway we have to go shopping soon for more clothes.” Ari stated simply.

“Not today you don’t.” the girls turned their attention to the door to see Johnny leaning onto the wall in the door opening. “We are going out tonight.”

“Alright then, what time is it now?” She asked.

“Almost 4, we want to leave by 6 to go have dinner then we are going to a friend’s party so dress up because it’s an event for their charity.” He stated. The girls nodded and Johnny left.

“Aren’t you glad I told you to pack a few formal outfits?” Noah stated as she got up and started heading for her closet.

“Whore” Ari said to her friend and stuck out her tongue. Noah merely laughed and smiled.

Ari walked into her closet and opened her duffel bag to empty its contents. She sorted out her casual clothes from her party clothes. She placed a few shirts on one shelf and her bottoms on another. Then she put together some choices for the night. She chose a red dress that came up to her mid thigh; it hugged every curve and had a sweetheart neckline. Ari paired it with a pair of black pumps with a red lining on the bottom.

She wandered into the bathroom and turned on the shower. She undressed, grabbed a towel from the closet, turned on her iHome, and stepped in the shower. She washed her body then shampooed and conditioned her hair. Lastly, she shaved her legs. She shut off the water and opened the door just enough to grab the towel. After she dried off, she wrapped it around herself and stepped out walking into her closet. She slid on a pair of seamless boy shorts and put on her strapless nude colored bra. Grabbing her makeup bag, brush, and blow dryer, Ari walked back into the bathroom.

Ari first applied a moisturizer to her body. From there she moved on to apply a light foundation, some concealer, and a very light powder to her face. Next she put on a layer of white eye shadow and painted a line of eyeliner over her eyelid and extended it out for a winged effect. She lightly outlined her bottom lash line with liner and added some black powder to the lashes to make it darker but not heavy. To finish the look off, she curled her lashes and swept them with black mascara.

Next was hair. Ari plugged in her hair dryer and turned it on high and flipped her hair over. When she was done, she lifted her head back up and started to situate her hair. Her bangs were to the side while the rest of her hair had achieved the bed head look. Spraying some hairspray to hold her hair in place. She walked back to her closet and put on her dress and shoes. She accessorized with a black diamond ring and a silver tiffany’s bracelet.

Grabbing her large black clutch, she turned off all the lights and her music and headed down stairs. It was almost 6 and all the guys were dressed. Zacky was the first to notice her.

“Damn” Was all he said. He looked as if all air escaped his lungs. Conversation wound down until all eyes were on Aribella. She bit her lower lip and pulled her left hand to her right arm. Their stares made her feel uncomfortable. Brian was the first one to break the silence.

“This is going to take some getting used to.” He said before he plopped down onto the couch behind him running his hand over his forehead as if a he had a headache.

“What?” She asked looking away from Matt’s eyes.

“That you aren’t 14 anymore and I can’t stop you from looking like that.” He stated gesturing with his hand and letting it fall back to his side.

“What do I look like?” She prodded.

He took his time in finding the words to describe her, “You look just like your name implies.” Brian stated knowing that was the perfect way to explain his own words.

“What does her name mean?” Johnny asked. Not many knew what her name meant and she wasn’t about to share it with someone if they didn’t ask first.

“Beautiful Sin” Confirmed Brian and Ari let a sly grin play on her face.

“Well your parents nailed that one.” Zacky commented. Just then Bouncing could be heard and not soon after came to a halt as Noah appeared behind Aribella in a dark creamy almost peach colored strapless cocktail dress with black pumps. Brian blushed and Ari chuckled.

“Greetings fellow housemates, how do I look?” She asked as she jumped out from behind Ari and threw her arms up like saying ‘ta-da’.

Brian stood up and spoke first, “Gorgeous”.

“Yep pretty fucking pretty,” Commented Jimmy.

“Yay, mission accomplished.” Stated Noah while Brian chuckled lovingly at her. This made Ari smile.

Ari was so busy watching her brother fall even harder for her best friend, she didn’t notice Matt walk up to her.

“You really do look beautiful tonight.” Matt complimented.

Ari blushed and smiled up at his tall and bulky frame.

“Thanks, you don’t look to bad yourself.” She said moving close enough to make Matt go crazy. She reached her hands up to fix his tie while Matt snaked his arms around her. The smell of Tim McGraw cologne filled her nostrils. She let out a small laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Matt whispered while his head rested on top of hers.

“You wear Tim McGraw?” She asked smiling.

“What men like to smell good and for the record he smells good.” Ari just laughed again.

Our little moment was broken by Johnny yelling.

“Let’s roll out bitches!” Matt sighed and pulled away and looking down at her before placing his hand on the back of head and pulled Ari close. He placed a small kiss on her head before letting go and leaving her to stand in the room dumbfounded. She took a deep breath and let it out while shaking her head before looking up and walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my Avenged story. Leave comments and subscribe if you like it.

much love, Lissy