Status: Updated 2/21/15 :)

She's Syn Through and Through

Matthew Sanders, Are You Asking Me To Be Your Girlfriend?

We walked into the house hand in hand expecting to come into a destroyed home.

"Why is it so quiet in here?" Matt asked letting go of my hand and checking the living room. I checked the kitchen.

"Where do you think they went?" I questioned as Matt entered the room. He had a piece of paper in his hand.

"Note. They went down to the beach for a bonfire. The girls had to do something to keep the boys from trying to follow us. They said feel free to join them." He said and I laughed. Those boys are something else.

"You wanna go?" I asked and Matt nodded.

"If that's okay with you, yeah. I could go for a beach fire." He stated and I smiled.

"I'm gonna go change." I said. Matt followed me up the stairs but went into his room to change I'm assuming. I threw on a bikini even though I doubted I was going in the water, some flip flops, and shorts. My hair went into a bun on the top of my head and I reapplied deodorant and body spray. I looked at myself in the mirror, good enough. I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

“Ready?” Matt asked as he entered the room. I nodded and we headed out the door and down to the beach. They weren’t hard to miss. Johnny was hanging upside from Jimmy’s hands while Zacky was attempting to poke him with a stick he pulled out of the fire. Leana was yelling at Jimmy and everyone else was laughing.

“Looks like everyone is having a good time.” I said as we approached. Jimmy dropped Johnny and started to yell.

“They have arrived! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the newest loving fuckers of the world!” He was running in circles around us before he stopped and just dropped to the sand yelling to the sky. This man was way past drunk.

“Someone’s a little white girl wasted.” I took a seat next to Noah and she handed me a beer.

“They’re going to pay for it tomorrow when they have a day full of interviews and meetings.” She said while I cracked my drink open.

“I don’t think they’ll pay for it, they’ll all probably show up still drinking.” I stated and she nodded her head in agreement.

“How was your date?” I instantly smiled.

“Perfect, we went and played laser tag which we got kicked out of for almost having sex while
playing.” I said and she got wide eyed. I smiled even more.

“Isn’t that moving a little fast?” She asked. I honestly haven’t thought about it.

“I never even thought about it. It’s different with him. He’s never given me a reason to not trust him. He’s always been there for me and given his all, even as a friend.” I said.

“Don’t get hurt okay?” She stated just to make sure someone said it. I nodded and sighed.

“So my pretty little sister, I have a proposition for you.” Brian plopped down beside me. Surprisingly, he wasn’t smashed which was different for him. I gave him a questioning look.

“We need someone who knows us well that can help promote our music, come up with new merch ideas, and basically make sure we aren’t getting shit on by our label.” He said. I got excited. “Would you be open to it?”

“Is that even a question? Of course I’ll do it.” I said.

“Thank you! Val used to take care of everything but she was just into figuring out what would benefit her and how much money she could spend and make.” I rolled my eyes. I was so tired of this bitch. “You start tomorrow.” He smiled and I groaned. He really couldn’t have asked me sooner? Fucking brothers. The night soon died down and I was left to drag Matt to bed after he had drank a couple too many. He wasn’t gone but he was sure in the giggly stage and was staggering a bit. At one point, I had him by the ankles and dragged him through the sand when he decided he wanted to watch the stars and just couldn’t walk anymore.

I awoke to an annoying beeping coming from my phone. It was 6 am and I was dead tired. I groaned and rolled over trying to get in five more minutes after hitting snooze. I was met by Matt’s face, mouth wide open drool coming out. He was so damn cute. I kissed his nose softly trying not to wake him. I managed to slip out of his death grip on me and headed for the shower. I quickly finished and got dressed. I had to make sure all the boys were awake if they wanted to make their meetings on time. I started with Matt. I went to his side of the bed and sat next time him.

“Matthew, wake up.” I said loud enough for him to hear but not so loud that he’d feel like the house was on fire. I put my hand on his face and kissed his cheek. He mumbled something and opened one eye.

“What the fuck, why is it morning?” He asked grabbing his head.

“It’s time to get up, we can’t be late. I’ll go start some breakfast, go get in the shower.” I said as I kissed him and got up walking to the door. He said my name and I looked back.

“You look beautiful and like you’re going to kick some ass today.” He said and I blushed. This man I swear. I knocked on all of boys’ doors until I got an answer from each room. I got downstairs and hit the power button on the iHome. Papa Roach filled the kitchen and I was satisfied. I started making some eggs and sausage. I got out plates setting them on the bar since there were enough seats for the guys. I put a water at each with some advil. Lord knows they’re going to need it. Brian and Matt were the first to be ready.

“Ari, you’re fucking Jesus. It smells so good in here; my hangover is already going away.” Brian said taking a seat as I filled plates with food.

“Thanks Bri, what exactly are we doing today?” I asked as I took a bite of my own food.

“We have a couple interviews, then a meeting with our label to discuss a new album, and last we have a party to go to for one of our label mates.” He said after swallowing the pills. At this point Zacky had joined us and went straight to eating. He wasn’t a morning person. We chatted about random things until the sound of someone falling down the stairs got our attention. We all looked to the door as Jimmy walked in dragging Johnny by the arm.

“Good morning you fucking gorgeous group of people. Short shit wasn’t getting up so I brushed his teeth for him, threw some pants on, and rolled him down the stairs.” Johnny was still sleeping. I would’ve thought he was dead if he didn’t roll over after Jimmy let go of his arm to eat his food. Brian grabbed Johnny’s plate and put it on the floor next to him.

“Thank you mommy.” Johnny mumbled and slowly picked up the fork and ate.

“I’m going to start the car. You guys grab Johnny and head on out. Let me rephrase that, GENTLY grab Johnny.” I said shooting a look to Jimmy causing him to shrug his shoulders. These guys were going to kill each other if they didn’t have supervision and rules. I don’t know how they lived without me here. We finally made it to the interviews which we ended up being 15 minutes late to because Zacky and Brian fought over who was going to sit in the very back so they could lay down. Zacky won when he slammed Brian’s fingers in the hatch climbing in. I had to go back in the house for ice because he was crying like a little pussy. We got out and walked in. They sat down in the waiting area while I went up to the desk.

“Hi, Avenged Sevenfold is here for an interview.” I said with a smile and the girl looked up from her computer.

“You’re late, don’t you know these things cost money? You look like you’re 12, how about learning how this business works before trying to be a big girl.” She stated. Who the fuck does she think she is?

“Excuse me but last time I checked, you were sitting behind a desk in a reception job. Learn how to talk to people with a smile and respect. Fake it if you have to but you’ll get a lot farther in life without being a bitch.” I said and walked away.

“She’s a fucking bitch.” I plopped down next to Matt on the couch. They looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“She said I looked like I was 12 and that I should learn how this business worked.” I said rolling my eyes. They laughed at me for overreacting. We were called into a room and they took their seats waiting for the interviewer to come in. There was a spot for me by the wall. I sat and starting looking at my phone listening to the boys be stupid for a few minutes before the door opened. A girl with a short pink dress came in. Her hair was bleach blonde and she had heavy makeup on. Typical bimbo if you asked me. I looked at the guys and they all shifted in their seats staring at the girl. Fucking pigs.

“Hi boys, I’m Lindsey. Big fan of your music I must say. I love that Bat Country song.” She said as she took her spot. I laughed and tried to cover it up with a cough when the guys shot me a look. She didn’t know shit.

“Let’s see, how was coming home after your tour that ended a couple months ago?” She asked.

“We love coming home and getting to spend time with our friends and family just hanging out. We spent a lot of time getting reacquainted with Brian’s sister.” Zacky spoke.

“Sister? I wasn’t aware you had one Brian. What’s the story there?”

“My sister Aribella left home a few years ago and a few weeks ago, she showed up on my door step. We were so excited to see her. I love having her here with us.” Brian said and smiled. I smiled at him.

“So she just showed up unannounced? Sounds like someone wanted in on the fame?”

“Excuse me?” He asked.

“Who shows up after leaving for years just as you guys are coming into a lot of popularity?”

“My sister, that’s who. She took off and saw the world for herself, making a name on her own. She came back because she’s my sister. She came for family, not money.” He said looking at her like she was dumb as hell. Go brother!

“Uh okay, moving on. You boys have any girlfriends?” This chick was seriously forward. The guys weren’t too keen on talking about their private lives so I was going to intervene but Matt spoke up.

“We are all spoken for, in fact, my boy Jimmy here is getting married.” Jimmy’s face lite up. It was so cute how much he loved Leana.

“Congratulations, who’s the lucky lady?” She asked turning to Jimmy.

“We usually don’t talk about our personal lives but I’ll say this, she’s the most amazing girl for me and it’s been a long time coming. Our fans will know who she is if they follow us really closely and from the beginning but I’m not going to put my girl out there. I don’t someone coming and stealing her from me.” He said laughing after.

“She’s a lucky woman to have locked down one of the famous party boys of A7X. Who’s going to be next?” The boys looked at each other. They weren’t sure.

“Honestly, we couldn’t tell you. Everyone else is in somewhat of a new relationship so marriage for everyone else probably isn’t in the future just yet.” Brian said. She asked a few more questions before thanking the guys and walking out.

“She was a piece.” I stated.

“She was…interesting.” Matt said trying to be nice about the situation. I laughed. The next
interviewer came in fast. He looked more the part. He was more the style of the guys and had a few notes with him.

“Hello, my name is Jason from Rolling Stone. How are you guys doing today?” He asked and the boys gave a few good, how are you’s.

“What’s the biggest difference from your career last album to the latest?” He asked.

“Mostly, we’re all in a different place in life. To be honest, we were heavy heavy partiers back
then and though we put everything we had into our music, the touring came around and it was one big blur to us. I don’t think I could tell you one thing from a show that tour. Our latest tour was amazing. We hardly went out because we wanted to make sure we gave our all every night and not a shit show. I feel like we had more fans come up to us and tell us how much better our shows were. We grew up a lot and realized this wasn’t us in a small club or garage anymore, people were spending good money to see us.” Matt said and Jason wrote a few things down.

“What about in your personal lives, any big changes in the past year?” Brian laughed a little thinking about all of the changes.

“Well we got rid of a lot of people that weren’t good for us or our career. My sister came back home and is now working with us,” He motioned to me and Jason smiled, “She’s been gone for a few years and she’s finally back home to make sure we stay out of trouble.” Jason laughed at that one.

“Jimmy is getting married and we’ve all found someone who is there for us as a person and not because we’re in a band and have money. That was a huge problem for us and luckily we realized the poison around us and got rid of it.” Brian finished.

“When can we expect new music?”

“We’re going today actually to talk about when we’re going back into the studio to make the next record. We’re hoping to aim for later this year or early next year.” Zacky said.

“Any idea on the sort of direction the album will take?”

“We’ve had this thought of going more mainstream rock with this one. Our music is always going to be us at the end of the day. We want to put in a little of all of our musical influences into this one and make something that everyone can listen to whether they are dedicated fans or just scanning the radio.” Johnny stated. They finshed up the interview and they said their goodbyes. This guy was much better than bimbo Barbie. I checked the time and it showed it was 11 am. We had just enough time to get some food on our way to the meeting.

We stopped at McDonald’s and of course a scene was made. They couldn’t just order their food normally. Brian found a guitar in the back and Jimmy had drum sticks. Matt sang their entire order backed by music. It had to be repeated 3 times before the cashier got it all. Then Jimmy cried because he didn’t get a toy with his meal so I had to go in and get one so he’d shut up. We made it to the meeting on time and let’s just say it took FOREVER. It was super boring and I was so close to exploding on a couple of them because they would ignore what I would say then agree with the guys when they said exactly what I had said. By the time we got home, I was pissed at everything. I opened the door the house and threw my keys in the bowl.

“Fucking keys.” I said as they made a loud plop against the metal.

“What’s wrong with you?” Noah asked emerging from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. It was 3 in the afternoon and she had just woken up.

“People need to fucking take me seriously, that’s what. Damn people don’t know shit motherfuckers!” I yelled and ran upstairs to change into comfy clothes. I threw on a crop top and a pair of yoga leggings. My hair was let out of the high pony tail it was in and I took my makeup off. I looked like a bum but at this point I didn’t care. I went downstairs and was met by Matt. He wrapped his arms around me and I instantly did the same.

“Can I talk to you?” He asked and I agreed. He walked me outside and we sat down on the patio couch.

“What’s up Matty?” I asked bringing my knee to my chin and my other leg underneath me. He tried to get more comfortable.

“I um, I was wondering something.” He said and I gave him a look. Why was he so nervous?

“I know we’ve only been out once but I’ve known you basically all of your life. You’re there for me and my music which means the world to me. I’ve never had that before. Today, I saw how serious you were when it came to your job. You weren’t about the money, you were about making sure we were heard. You’ve shown me what caring about someone is supposed to feel like. It’s been a very long time since I’ve given love to anyone. Ari, I want to give all the love I have to give and then some. I was hoping that you would let me.” He said and just jumped at him and kissed him. He returned my affection. I pulled away with a serious look.

“Matthew Sanders, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” I asked.

“Yeah” Was all he said before looking down at his hands.

“I don’t see why I couldn’t do that for you.” I said and he looked up.

“Is that a yes?” He asked.

“Sure” I smiled as he jumped up and pulled me up, picking me up, and tossing me over his shoulder. He walked to the house and opened the door.

“Guys she said yes!” Cheers came from the living room as we entered. Apparently everyone was in on this. My mood went from fuck the world to I love everyone. I just might be able to handle seeing those fucktards from the meeting later at the party now that I wasn't out for blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've been only posting updates to this story over on the Avenged fan fiction site through mibba but I decided I should go back to updating it on here as well because it had a nice following. I've been working on this story for 4 years now according to mibba which is crazy because I don't feel like it's been that long. I hope you like it! :)