You and I collide

chapter 9

“You’re being quiet again.” Cole said gripping my hand tighter
“What? Oh, just thinking.” I said squeezing his hand in response. I smiled up at him reassuringly.
My brother had been completely against us dating and becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. But we didn’t care, we just wanted to be with each other and normal standards just didn’t seem to cut it anymore for us.
“What were you thinking about?” he asked curiously
“Life, mine particularly. It seems to be pretty confusing. I’m just waiting for something else to happen and rip the rug from under my feet, again.” I said staring out into the grey stormy waves in the ocean.
“Don’t stress it.” He said “I’m here, and I always will be. You don’t need to worry, I’ll take care of you.” he reassured the tone in his voice telling me he was completely serious.
“Thank you,” I said moving in closer to him as he moved his arm around my waist. “What’s on your mind right now, you seem less joking, a little more serious.” I commented,
“Hmm, I’m not really sure. A lot of things at the moment. You, food, the band, our singer/songwriter, the main guitarist, love, did I mention you?” he asked, I laughed and nodded
“Only about four times.” I said snuggling in closer to him.
“Lets go to your place, the disapproving brother shouldn’t be there.” he said laughing, I smiled,
“Yeah, that sounds good.” I said as we turned towards Cole’s car.

March 15th
At home with Cole. I’m happy, right now at least. Life seems to be cooperating. If it weren’t for the horrible feeling something was going to happen then I would probably be enjoying it even more. He said no matter what does happen he’s here. He may be the only person to ever promise me that.
Rebekah is angry with me, hasn’t spoken to me all year. She feels like I betrayed her, put up a complete false persona and lied purposely to her. The twins don’t mind me though, sometimes I think they like me in a strange maternal sort of way. Like I said, it’s strange. And then Gabrielle is about the most suggestive guy I have ever met.
Cole is playing guitar right now. He’s so good. I love to just listen to him and write, though I usually don’t have time to. Every choice I make seems to be going towards the big change I can feel coming. Almost like my life has become an elastic band for the last two years and it’s almost ready to finish stretching out and snap back into place to see what I’ll do. If I were to have to do it all over again I don’t think I would change it. Though it has been strange I love all of this. It was worth it. That I am sure of.


I stopped for a moment and watched Cole. I love him so much it almost seemed to hit me from behind and knock the wind out of me. It had never been there and then all of a sudden, BANG! He leaned over and placed the guitar on the ground and rolled over to face me as I turned back from putting my journal on my bedside table. We locked eyes our faces so close I could feel his breath tickling my nose.
“I love you.” he whispered smiling goofily like he had just realized it.
“I love you to, through whatever.” I answered
“I’ll always be here, even if you leave I’ll wait.” He said, our faces seemed to naturally be pulling closer together
“Who said I would ever be able to leave?” I asked as our lips could not possibly get any closer they did. our lips touching briefly then again and again. We kissed for so long my lips felt numb and swollen, the room was dark.
“I love you.” I whispered again, Cole’s arms tightened around my waist as my head rested on his chest I fell asleep. Never before had anything ever felt so right, so perfectly meant to be.
This is it, the elastic band has reached it limits. I had seen what could be, what I wanted to be. It was ready to go back and make it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah another lame chapter xD Maybe one day I'll post something good