You and I collide

chapter 1

I set my black pen down and stared at the page I had just scrawled in my sloppy writing.
I had really just let go and had written the things I was afraid of, as if they were confirmation of my fears. Michelle was a controlling, back stabbing bitch. Why was I so afraid to admit that?
I sighed and rolled onto my back to stare at my blank ceiling. I was so depressed, ever since I had come home I have felt like I was missing something, not noticing something that was right in front of my face.
I got up and shuffled my way to the washroom. I stared at myself wondering if the reflection would come to life and explain everything to me. I didn’t recognize the girl; her hair was in tangles her ivory skin paler than usual with deep blue black streaks under her eyes. Her lips were pursed into a thin line of perpetual worry and fear. Who was she? I groaned and dragged myself into the shower; washing my hair I used half a bottle of conditioner to get the tangles out of my hair.
I got out and attempted to find something in my wardrobe that didn’t scream brain washed bitch. I decided on some faded jeans that I never wore and a shirt I had filched from my brothers closet that I usually slept in. I brushed my hair and pulled it into a high pony tail.
“Arabella, you have friends at the door!” my dad shouted up the stairs. I frowned, I hadn’t invited anyone over. I grabbed a sweat shirt, pulling the hood over my head I walked down the stairs and found myself confronted with Michelle, Nikki and Cassandra.
“Oh my, she is bad.” Nikki exclaimed.
“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, all I wanted to do was go for a walk and be completely non-social and they had to come and ruin everything.
“We came to help you, you need some serious help. You sounded like the living dead on the phone.” Michelle said, of course she would tell me I needed help. She wanted me under her control again.
“Listen, guys, this isn’t a good time.” I said trying to push past them to get out the door.
“Oh come on, we can have a sleep over and you can tell us all about it and we can make you feel better.” Cassandra squealed euphoric at the thought of a girl sleep over. Michelle grabbed my arm to stop me
“C’mon Michelle, leave me alone for a bit.” I exclaimed as some of the strangest coincidences occurred all in a matter of seconds.

I attempted to pull my arm from Michelle’s grip as the hair elastic finally finished its long life snapping as the hood of my sweater fell back my chocolate brown curls spilling visibly over my shoulders. I heard Nikki take in a sharp breath and Cassandra looked like her eyes were going to bug out of her head.
“What is this?” Michelle demanded her voice furious. I shrugged
“I want you to get out of my house right now.” I said trying to sound like I was sure.
“You have destroyed yourself, you worthless filthy bitch.” she screamed her face in mine as her hand made contact with my cheek delivering a stinging blow. I winced trying to keep from crying out.
“Get. Out. Now.” I muttered through clenched teeth. Cassandra and Nikki quickly complied backing out quickly to wait in Michelle’s fancy car. Michelle looked at me long and hard.
“Your happy high school days are over.” She hissed “Say hello to hell.” She threw me a death glare over her shoulder as she walked down the pavement to her car, only then did I allow myself to let out a strangled sob. I turned around to bump into my brother’s chest.
“That was some cat fight.” He muttered as I angrily rubbed tears from my eyes. “How about some sibling bonding, you need something to take your mind off things and I was just about to go shopping for a new bass and amp. Sound slightly appealing?” he asked his eyes concerned. I nodded, “So what cause this amazing and slightly disturbing turn of events?” he asked “I thought you were going to be a brainwashed zombie bitch forever.” He laughed
“So did I,” I muttered, his expression softened,
“Let me go get my keys and we can go.” He said, I nodded and went to wait on the front step. He came out and locked up the house, I sat in the passenger seat numbly. I had done it without much thought. Made my thoughts clear to Michelle barely saying anything, and now I felt more depressed than ever.

We drove in silence when my brother finally decided it was time to break the silence.
“So anything interesting happen at our crazy uncle’s?” he asked, I shrugged everything and nothing at all had happened in that strange place.
“umm, so why’d you dye your hair back?’ He asked
“It looked bad blonde, only took me three years to notice.” I muttered, he laughed a little awkwardly and started fiddling with the stereo
Kay so this is checkered flag with our first demo I’m Eric the bassist my brothers voice sounded through the stereo I’m Cole the guitarist there was a period of silence and that silence you just heard was Troy, the guy who can speak but chooses to generally not. He’s our drummer, makes up for his lack of speech with obnoxious good for nothing noise. I heard something make impact Oww, hey you! I heard laughing and fighting in the back ground as some bass notes started coming through the speakers. I listened to the first few songs and sighed
“You guys are over done. This song sounds like the first one. The guitar riff is too similar.” I said, Eric’s eyes flicked over to me.
“Well what would you suggest?” he asked obviously amused by my criticism
“Well,” I said for a moment trying to think of how to put my feeling into words “I’d add a few more high notes, he plays pretty low, you could probably pick some of those up with your bass, vary it up a little. He’s got a good range of notes but he never uses them, stays in the same place.” I said
“Huh, I’ll pass that along.” He said looking at me strangely as we pulled into the huge music stores parking lot.
I got out and followed my brother who started going on about pickups and different types of pedals. This was going to be an extremely horrible and boring day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this isn't really all that great. Any constructive criticism is VERY welcome!