Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

#11

11. Remember the good times...

His name was Brian Strange.

I know I have already told you about him. I told you how we related and he was killed.
He was my everything. I cry every time I think about him and then I scold myself for doing so. Brian...he's my inspiration and my first love. We shared a mind. Both of us agreed that we didn't want a funeral. We wanted a party. No one should cry. Everyone would wear blue, or purple in my case, and smile. They wouldn't feel the loss or feel the regret for the things they did to us. They would be happy for the good times they did have with us - and cause havoc in the cemetary. Then they would go to someone's house later to eat or whatever and blast out our favorite musicians. It would be their way of letting us go in peace. We'd be in a better place and be happy together.

Brian loved the stars. I remember this one time, we snuck out at maybe one in the morning. We laid in the field behind my house. We were on top of the blanket. He had his arm behind his head and his left hand holding my small right one. We were so quiet and so cold. Then he quietly asked me what I thought the stars were. When I told him I didn't know he said that he thought that the stars were the spirits of the ones who passed away, dancing in the heavens. Then he said, "I want to be a star when I die."

I told him, "Brian Strange, you will a star. And I'm going to be the star closest to you. I promise you that."

He smiled and kissed my small hand. Then we got up and went back home. My Brian is a star right now. He's being watched over, along with Kate, by my grandpa Ralph as they watch my baby cousin Alena. I miss them so much but they had great lives, no matter how short or long. He's my star. I'm going to be that star closest to him. Then we're going to be together again. Forever. With no one to interrupt our happiness.

Her name was Kate Madison.

She was my best friend after Brian. She was adopted and she never knew her real parents. She was glad. She was happy with her foster parents. They were all she had but she was happy. I met her when I was twelve years old. She was fifteen.
I was in a really bad relationship. He hit me all the time. How horrible is that? A girl in an abusive relationship. An abusive relationship when I was twelve. I wasn't even supposed to be dating. So anyways, he had me against a wall and was yelling my face. Then she came up and she was all "Bitch, oh no you didn't!" and she was talking shit to him. Then she looked at me and asked me how could I live through that. That was the day I was finished with him and gave him what he deserved.

Kate gave me strength and courage. She was there for me when Brian wasn't. She introduced me to a new world. To the make up I wear, to the clothes I put on, and some of the music I listen to. Kate was everything I wasn't. She was strong and independent. I followed her as her shadow as she impressed everyone with her courage. I was the only girl she tolerated. She said I was the coolest chick she knew and she was glad she met me. She was there to hold me when Brian died. She stayed with me until the very end. Kate had to move away too. I was all alone.

I got an e-mail from her mother on May 20th. Kate went missing for a week before her body was found. Kate was raped and murdered. Raped and murdered. Another best friend lost. Lost in such a horrible and grotesque way. I had nightmares about it. Terrible nightmares. Did she suffer in such an unimaginable way? How long did she go through it? Did she even fight? Then I realized: of course she fought. Kate Madison would fight to the very end. I heard she gave the guy some bad damage. He killed her because he was a pitiful coward. Kate's courage was given to me. Her death made me realize that I could have had the same fate. Her death made me realize I can't be weak. Though I still am in many ways, I'm not that twelve year old girl anymore.

Their names were Brian Strange and Kate Madison.

They were the best friends I ever had. There will be no one to ever replace them in my heart. Their love for me made me strong. I think about them everyday. I have absolutely nothing to remember them by except for my memory and these words I'm writing now. I'm not sad that they're gone. I miss them, of course, but I'll see them again.

Don't we all see each other again in the end?