Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

#24

24. Stay simple.

I have a question.

It's a rather simple question. But it's rather meaningful and serious. I really would like a reply in return, even though not a lot of people would have an accurate answer. I shouldn't say accurate. Satisfying is probably a better word. Digression.

My simple question is:
Why do people say "hate" is a strong word but then they throw around "love" like it's nothing?

"I love this song."
"I love the taste of strawberries."
"I love her outfit."
"Don't you just love his hair?"
"I love the rush I feel."
"I can't help but love that actor."

"I love you."

"I hate you."

Do I have a point or do I have a point? That isn't a simple question. Therefore, it should not be said. Difficult things should never be said or done, in my humble opinion. I've always liked simple things. For example, when trends like polka dots or floral patterns came around, I was never fond of them. I always rather enjoyed plain print clothing. All the patterns seems too distracting. People would be too busy to see the clothes rather than the person.

And as much as I like simple things, I have to admit simplicity does not really exist.

Simple statements do not exist. They may sound simple at first but in the end they always end up being more complex than what they were intended to originally be.

"I like this song."
Do you like it because you're told to or is there something special about it?

"Abortion is wrong."
Are you saying that because you're religion said so or because you connect with the unborn child?

"Taylor Swift is horrible."
Do you say that because you wish you were like her or do you think she doesn't deserve it?

"I love you."
Do you mean that?

But then again....simple statements are best. You don't beat around the bush. You just go straight and to the point. There's no taking the long route just to say something that could have been said quicker. People can say they have all the time in the world. But once they find out that just because an earthquake hit Chile and it caused the world to lose one millisecond of time, everyone starts to lose their minds. Go figure. Therefore, people might as well say things blatantly. I believe it would make things easier. Sure, some things would hurt but honestly. Would you rather have it be straight up or would you rather suffer for years or would you rather be clueless for years and then have it thrown into your face when you thought all was going well?

I know I always connect with my reasons in some way. I have no idea if any of you look forward to the connection or not. But for those of you who do, it's coming up now.
My boyfriend and I have been together for one year and four months. We've had our ups and downs. But as of lately, it seems like the world has been trying to tear us apart. My ex-boyfriends keep talking to me lately, looking for another chance, even though I thought I made it perfectly clear I was no longer interested in them. And I love my boyfriend, I truly do. However, he is absolutely clueless when it comes to the concept of flirting. Girls at school constantly try to get his attention and he doesn't realize that what he thinks is just believes is being polite turns into flirting into their minds. And those girls are just vicious. They will tell him practically every day that I am cheating on him with one of my best friends just because I sit with him every day at lunch. When they know I'm looking, they will hug him or continually touch him in some way while he sits there, oblivious to what they're doing. For the past month or two, it has been especially hard. The girls and the rumors just start constant fighting and days where we will sit right next to each other but never acknowledge the others presence.

Yesterday was one of those days. We were sitting on his living room couch, watching a movie, when he suddenly put his arm around me and kissed my forehead. I couldn't help but smile at the gesture as I took in his smell. My boyfriend has the best smell in the world. He smells of cologne, candy, and laundry detergent. It sounds odd but I am obsessed with his smell. It always makes me feel better.

He's not one for romance or simplicity. Everything is difficult with him. He brings the humor, I bring the romance.

He stood up from the couch to kneel in front of me. I blinked and stared down into his wide brown eyes. He smiled before he leaned up to kiss me once. His lips were still on mine when he told me something I doubt I will ever forget.

"I never want to lose you. I love you. Marry me."

I am sixteen years old. And I said yes.

I love it when he's simple.