Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

#6

6. Listen to the same song for hours.

If you are anything like me, and I would not be surprised if you were not, when you download a new song you really enjoy, you tend to keep hitting the replay button. You find that you enjoy the way the instruments are played, the way the lyrics are put together, and the way the words are sung. You appreciate every little aspect of the song. You cannot find a single thing that you do not like about the song. For a few moments or hours or days or weeks, the song is your life.

I do not know what it is about music. What is it? I personally feel less lonely when I listen to music. If the song is sad, I connect with it. And I feel like I am not the only person who feels horrible. When the music is happy, I feel happy because I feel like their happiness is surging through my veins.

Music saves me. I will not say that the musicians or the lyrics save me. I will not say that because I have to be honest, it is not true. But music has introduced me to people who have literally saved me. And music has introduced me to people that I have been able to save. I feel like music connects everyone around the world together. It really makes me sad when people talk down about other musicians or fans of music simply because they do not like it. I am guilty of saying that I do not like other music and knowing that I will not ever like it but I have to say that I do try to give all music a chance.

Music is music. It takes time and passion to make it. Anybody who makes music deserves to respect it. So when I like a song, I definitely listen to it all the time. I appreciate everything about it. And if it is not my favorite, I will still listen to it.

I remember when I first began writing this guide. The song that I listened to on repeat was called Sunsets and Car Crashes. It is by The Spill Canvas. I was lucky enough to have Karlie introduce me to them. I found that it was such a beautiful song and I recommended it to anybody who asked for new music to listen to. The lyrics are just amazing and they really touched me.

I really enjoy songs that have beautiful lyrics. The lyrics are always the first thing that capture my attention when I listen to music. Words are my life so it is only natural that they engage me first above all things. Sunsets and Car Crashes is just so profound to me. No matter how many times I listen to it, it is always new to me. It keeps me at peace. It gives me hope.

Music is the harmonic connection between all living things. Music is in the trees, in the wind, in our souls. It is in the back of our minds. It is the song of your life. Music is always there with us. We sing it to ourselves without really realizing that we are. Music is what we breathe. Everything is music. Even if something does not sound like a normal song, it is still a song. Anything can be and is music. It keeps us balanced.

We are always listening to music. All the time. For hours on repeat.